Yep, I have not pants in my wardrobe

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crazylove
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Crazylove

Guest
I believe God wants me as a Christian woman to be modest. This is one reason I wear skirts and or dresses and cover myself well.

I hav been persecuted a lot from this," Legalist! Old Fashioned! Pen (short for Pentecostal denomination) skirt girl! Holy Roller! Cultist!" I want continue, but I nevr even told anyone that they would go 2 hell for not wearing skirts or dresses (I've actually been told I think lik this, lol, I know that statement is unbiblical) and just randomly get confronted w/ this, not me confronting anyone.

People say that women who wear only skirts r judgmental on those who don't. Me and every other girl I've met lik me say th same as I about being persecuted!

To me this only encourages me to continue to follow God's Word th way He lead me in my modesty and every othr part of my life. "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. [SUP] [/SUP]Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Mt 5:11-12

All I want to know is, what do you all think about us skirt girls? R we just th weirdos, haha ;)

Videos!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlRLebBctJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLTZwXTMAVU

God Bless!
 
Well, the reason you get attacked is because many of the people that follow these guidelines Are legalists. And because the legalists make up the majority of that type of believe, then you are going to be persecuted, not for your choices, but because of other peoples attitudes.
Also i would be cautious about using persecution scripture as evidence of your doing right. The bible states that in some areas there is no set standard of right and wrong. But that if you think something is wrong, to avoid it. But if another finds it acceptable then it is not wrong for them to do it. I feel this is the path you are on. One of the gray areas that depends on the individual. I don't think it's really necessary to dress this way, but i don't put people down who do. Long as they are making it their choice for themselves, and not trying to force this concept on others then i think it's good that they make this choice and stick to it.
 
I think that anyone who does anything that others can see that expresses their love of God are persecuted, today.

I discovered several years ago that God suggested to the Hebrews that they should write on their doorposts that in this house were people who loved the Lord. They even make a little box, now, to keep that note in. It is in Deut. 6. I loved it, so I got a wonderful little box. It has an emblem on it with the Christian fish on it. Jews often use them. Even my minister objected to my having it. He found out I have a special shawl I use to feel closeted in with only God. I don't dare wear it in church, I use it for my morning prayer. I admire you that you stand up to persecution!! I feel ashamed that I am chicken about my prayer shawl in church for church prayers.

When Paul told us that the gospel was the important thing, we could be Christian without doing these things, the church decided to take that as a sign it was wrong to express your love of the Lord in any way that is physical, for anyone can see.

Scripture tells us this will happen, but as we stand up to persecution with quiet faith in our Lord, we will be blessed.
 
I only wear skirts too.. and while I don't feel persecuted.. I do get looked at funny and asked if I'm Pentecostal on a regular basis. I do believe it's Biblical , but I don't think less of people who disagree. A lot of people do tent to think we are all " high and mighty" because we chose to dress differently . When it comes down to it... I simply tell them I'm a lady and skirts make me feel more ladylike. :)

(I do sleep in pajamas though)
 
I have to admit I don't wear only skirts, I wear pants (although they are baggy unflattering pants hahahaha) but I'm very modest...If I go to the pool a wear capris and a tshirt...I always zip up my sweaters and I wear long sleeved shirts.

I kinda wanna wear skirts and dresses, I will when I can afford to buy more clothes

...and I wouldn't worry about what people say or think, be modest...besides you want a godly husband. You don't want to attract ungodly men anyways! :)
 
I appreciate all th comments! So happy no one took anything wrong :D

That's awful about ur leg secularhermit!

Lyd I was in th same situation when transitioning (I threw out 3 large trash bags full of clothes!) Th Lord blessed me though and He replaced them all for me (I was way too poor to buy a whole new wardrobe) and He can do th same for you. Goodwill is a good place to fine skirts for a good price :)

I applaud everyone, male and female, who dress modestly whether pants or skirts ;)