You Got Served--(A BackHanded Compliment.)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Laiahna

I don't remember the back-handed compliments. Then, you need to realise I try to dwell on the more positive things in my life as much as possible. What does stick though was when someone was trying to put me down and I felt complimented instead. lol I even told them thank you. :)

I looked at that pic, soul. Both ladies are pretty.

May 21, 2009
Wow all those people who said those terrible things right for you to hear is shameful. I'm sorry you had to go thr that. That was just evil. I'm sure you will have pretty babies with what ever color person you chose to be with. God bless you, Love

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Wow all those people who said those terrible things right for you to hear is shameful. I'm sorry you had to go thr that. That was just evil. I'm sure you will have pretty babies with what ever color person you chose to be with. God bless you, Love

Thanks, Loveschild! :) I appreciate the encouragement. The ironic thing is, I've never dated a guy who was the same race as I am... not because I was against it in any way, but because I'm in an area where there aren't many Asian guys... let alone Korean... but thank you so much for your kind comment.

I know we are all to take comfort in the fact that we are God's children (therefore, beautiful, valued, loved, etc.) but why is it that it's so hard to believe at times?

I liked Laiahna's comment about turning a negative into a positive--I'll have to pray for help in learning how to do that! :)

J0Y

Mar 7, 2009
LOL @ missy and Sam......(actually ....no....I puke) GET MARRIED YOU TWO...sheesh...enough with the flirting on every thread! hahahahaha j/k....or am i?? LOL :D (no really, I love u both :)) ......or, maybe Im just jealous?? lol.....

Anywho....
Here are some of mine....
A lady in my church arrives back from 50 years on the missionfield and gets married for the first time at 70 years old!! Another lady I go to church with turns to me and says " See Joy...there is always hope for you" (wow....gee...thanks....err.....)

"Joy you really need to get married you know, your 35 and time is not on your side especially if you want kids, no offense..." (WHAT THE!!! Do you think I NEED this pointed out to me....anyway, Im no Nana sitting at home knitting....gosh...and like putting a disclaimer at the end of the sentence softens the blow...)

"Dont crave what others have Joy, be happy in your singleness" to which I replied, "So how happy were you when u were single" ....." I wasnt really at all and marriage is awesome, but you also have to enjoy singleness" (huh? Im confused. Shes telling me to be happy when she wasnt? Well thats an inspirational story!?! LOL)

(insert pitiful, puppy dog look here) " I know your an old single Joy, but someone will come along one day....God willing" (sigh....am I really that pathetic)

LOL, last one....."So, how many children do you have Joy?" ......I reply "none" ....."Oh, ok, well, what does your partner do?" ....I reply "well, I dont have one of those either"......"Oh...Im sorry to hear that" (sympathetic look - like someone had died) ...pause in conversation then it turns back to the rest of the married women discussing at length - toilet training....(YAWN)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
LOL @ missy and Sam......(actually ....no....I puke) GET MARRIED YOU TWO...sheesh...enough with the flirting on every thread! hahahahaha j/k....or am i?? LOL :D (no really, I love u both :)) ......or, maybe Im just jealous?? lol.....

Heh heh. I love to watch Missy and Sam flirt--it's funny, cute, and well... I'm picking up some pointers! :)

Anywho....
Here are some of mine....
A lady in my church arrives back from 50 years on the missionfield and gets married for the first time at 70 years old!! Another lady I go to church with turns to me and says " See Joy...there is always hope for you" (wow....gee...thanks....err.....)

I laughed SO HARD at this one... I hear you, JOY, I so HEAR you!!!