You learn a lot from the Cults and false religions .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Who here has spoken about soteriology ( Salvation ) with a Jehovah's_Witness for example?
I don't mean on their ideas about Jesus or who God is ect , but on how we recieve salvation. Or the Mormons ? Or Catholics ?
What i encountered when i first did this was how they hold to ' works salvation ' . Now its not as obvious as you may think . Its not so clear . But its the same way in which some Christians on here believe how we are saved . The subtle variations are the same. They use the same verses , the same reasoning and conclusions . What gives ? Is this just a coincidence? is it just a matter of a ' broken clock is at least right twice a day ' ? or is the very deception that cults and false religion are based on has deceived many believers into 'Lordship salvation '.
Every cult argues against the idea that its through faith alone with no strings attached . " You can't just believe " is the charge. Then out comes " faith without works ' , Hebrews 6 , John 15 and all the classic verses used out of context. If you speak to a Jehovah witness you will be struck with how the same arguments are used to support ' conditional salvation ' that is used within most denominations and traditions within christianity

Jun 11, 2020
Who here has spoken about soteriology ( Salvation ) with a Jehovah's_Witness for example?
I don't mean on their ideas about Jesus or who God is ect , but on how we recieve salvation. Or the Mormons ? Or Catholics ?
What i encountered when i first did this was how they hold to ' works salvation ' . Now its not as obvious as you may think . Its not so clear . But its the same way in which some Christians on here believe how we are saved . The subtle variations are the same. They use the same verses , the same reasoning and conclusions . What gives ? Is this just a coincidence? is it just a matter of a ' broken clock is at least right twice a day ' ? or is the very deception that cults and false religion are based on has deceived many believers into 'Lordship salvation '.
Every cult argues against the idea that its through faith alone with no strings attached . " You can't just believe " is the charge. Then out comes " faith without works ' , Hebrews 6 , John 15 and all the classic verses used out of context. If you speak to a Jehovah witness you will be struck with how the same arguments are used to support ' conditional salvation ' that is used within most denominations and traditions within christianity
Quite. The sickness is the same because the germ is the same.

In parable, a garment, or "covering", if we interpret scripture with scripture, is one's works (e.g. Rev.19:7-8). The first effect of eting from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was a perception of "nakedness". So Adam and Eve MADE THEMSELVES garments of fig leaves. This garment of fig leaves actually satisfied them ... UNTIL Jehovah appeared. It was then that Adam, though clothed with the garment of fig leaves, admitted that he was naked.

So it was, and is, and will always be with men. To combat their nakedness BEFORE MEN they will always advocate works. It is only when a man is faced with the truth that he must face God, that he realizes that blood must be shed to clothe him - and that the garment of bloodshed, is made by God - not him.

Well have you said that we can learn by the false religions. They are predictable as sunrise following sunset. The great tragedy is that most of us Christians sooner or later (i) subject ourselves voluntarily to laws, (ii) make them up ourselves, (iii) make them crucial to salvation, and (iv) start to impose them on others. Even we ate from this Tree. Did anybody break the law of not watching TV tonight ... ?