You should have come to me sooner

  • Thread starter Thread starter ContentCanadian
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ContentCanadian

Guest
I had a crappy day - i was feeling low energy, bored and incredibly lonely.

My morning prayer lasted about 2 minutes because I didn't feel like praying and didn't know what to say. I read some Bible verses out loud but didn't really understand or care.

By the late evening I finally decided to go into the closet (It is quite there and completely dark there are NO distractions) to talk with my Father. I know that the deceiver will do what ever he can to keep us from drawing nearer to God and I think I may be under attack because for some reason I felt afraid to go and be in the dark.

I forced myself to go knowing that feeling afraid to go to God is from the enemy. I asked my Lord a lot of questions about things that are going on in my life and I did not get any answers but what I clearly heard is "you should have come to me sooner." There was no reproach or scolding in His statement, it was a caring statement - an invitation. The message was also very simple and plain and concise.

When things are going poorly and I'm feeling hard-hearted, fraud-like, rebellious, sad, low energy or dead inside I will not wait. I will go to my Father sooner, regardless of my emotions. I should never feel afraid to go and be alone with Him. Furthermore if I feel fear I should run to Him.

After my time alone with him in the closet, I feel much better and I've come away with a great learning go to Him sooner.

I'm going to go read the Bible now as I feel that I can concentrate.

God bless.
 
Wow such a wonderful story! I am overwhelmed by joy just by knowing your relationship with Jesus is building in such an intimate way :) May God bless you beyond all that you can think of and imagine!
 
The lord is always waiting, even when we fail to go to him at the right time. He is always there waiting, he said he will never leave or forsakes us and there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Its just the enemy trying to keep you from the love of our father which it is written "nothing can keep us from the love of god", so great break through sister, i had mine yesterday and i ask myself why didn't i go to our father sooner and he never gives complicated answers ,just simple enough for us to get what we need.

Just always remember when you think not to pray is the best time to..........have a blessed day