You Will Know Them By Their Fruits.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 14, 2019
So far my air conditioner has been working quite well and not come against me all even as I study scripture
....thanks goodness it has been a very hot summer!!!
:)
Well, some denominations are built around anti-Catholic or anti-popism...lol. It looks like a diabolical setup from my perspective. A.c. comes and directly attacks the Catholic church then all those people who think the Catholic church is antichrist will be confused and adjust their
Expectations to fit what's happening . They will be tempted to accept the antichrist as Christ. I think it's possible so it would be negligent of me if I didn't throw it out there.

Blue_Of_Lake

Jun 12, 2020
I am quite sure I will not be deceived. ....that is why i study the scripture not the teachings of a church.
Studying scripture can be a vulnerability if the a.c. comes against what you see as a.c..

the enemy of the enemy -- is still the enemy? because i misread the scriptures?

Aug 14, 2019
the enemy of the enemy -- is still the enemy? because i misread the scriptures?
If the a.c. reveals himself and wars against the Catholic Church, the people who have been taught that the Catholic Church is antichrist will be tempted to believe the antichrist is Christ.

Blue_Of_Lake

Jun 12, 2020
preacher4truth said:
"Lawlessness?" Yep, it is rampant.

When persons get Antinomianism from their understanding of the gospel then they've believed in a false gospel. Matthew 7:21-23 spells that out.

Every book of the NT refutes antinomianism so you have to really explain many verses to make it fit somehow.

Christianity[edit]

A general consensus has been historically reached as to which laws of the Old Testament Christians are still enjoined to keep. These moral laws, as opposed to civil or ceremonial laws, are derivative of what St. Paul indirectly refers to as natural law (Rom. 2.14–15). Mosaic law has authority only insofar as it reflects the commands of Christ and the natural law. Christian sects and theologians who believe that they are freed from more moral constraint than is customary are often called "antinomian" by their critics. Thus, classic Methodist commentator Adam Clarke held, "The Gospel proclaims liberty from the ceremonial law, but binds you still faster under the moral law. To be freed from the ceremonial law is the Gospel liberty; to pretend freedom from the moral law is Antinomianism."[13]

"... nay, We Establish the Law... " ( New King James Version
Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.
)

Dec 12, 2013
That's a straw man you've been fed. Your statement is based on a shallow biased faith easily defeated. That's not Catholicism.
Another straw man. You think the Catholic Church teaches that the sacraments restrict God's freedom?
I quoted scripture genius and like most Catholics you reject it in favor of your false religion....good luck pal!

Dec 9, 2011
Sure. Sometimes too briefly I m sure. That one is ok. I think.
Maybe I need to get a better understanding.:giggle:what Is the a.c?
I thought It was an abbreviation for catholic and If It Is,are you catholic?The reason I thought It was alarming was that you had said that studying the WORD of GOD can be a vulnerability.So then somebody might ask,If you are catholic are you choosing to not offend the a.c and allowing their doctrine to be more trusted/accepted than the WORD of GOD?

Aug 14, 2019
Maybe I need to get a better understanding.:giggle:what Is the a.c?
I thought It was an abbreviation for catholic and If It Is,are you catholic?The reason I thought It was alarming was that you had said that studying the WORD of GOD can be a vulnerability.So then somebody might ask,If you are catholic are you choosing to not offend the a.c and allowing their doctrine to be more trusted/accepted than the WORD of GOD?
I do need to be less ambiguous more precise. A.C. as I used it is an acronym for anti-Christ. Yeah, I'm Catholic. A bible lovin' Catholic.

Suppose a kind of whacky construct was being supported by a clever twist of scripture.(not Catholicism) Suppose that twist of scripture blinds those who believe it to some key aspect of the faith. That's a vulnerability. Reading scriptures would re-enforce that false reality and cement it further in the readers mind. I know to you the bible is the only expression of the Word. To me that is written tradition that started as something heard. It is the deposit of Faith once delivered...the public revelation of the Gospel. I don't see why the oral tradition and authority would die with the twelve Apostles.

E

EleventhHour

That's a straw man you've been fed. Your statement is based on a shallow biased faith easily defeated. That's not Catholicism.
Another straw man. You think the Catholic Church teaches that the sacraments restrict God's freedom?
So then you do not follow the biblical teaching of grace?
And I do not see you defeating anything?

May 31, 2020
What if the scriptures are twisted to fit a false belief and that false belief entrenched the reader in a mindset opposed to Christ.
The Scriptures aren’t twisted to fit any false narrative so you can stop with your RCC is superior to Scripture heresy.

May 31, 2020
I do need to be less ambiguous more precise. A.C. as I used it is an acronym for anti-Christ. Yeah, I'm Catholic. A bible lovin' Catholic.

Suppose a kind of whacky construct was being supported by a clever twist of scripture.(not Catholicism) Suppose that twist of scripture blinds those who believe it to some key aspect of the faith. That's a vulnerability. Reading scriptures would re-enforce that false reality and cement it further in the readers mind. I know to you the bible is the only expression of the Word. To me that is written tradition that started as something heard. It is the deposit of Faith once delivered...the public revelation of the Gospel. I don't see why the oral tradition and authority would die with the twelve Apostles.
Suppose a kind of whacky construct was being supported by the RCC whereby you can pay money to have your sins wiped away and avoid punishment. 🤔

E

EleventhHour

I don't see why the oral tradition and authority would die with the twelve Apostles.
And this is exactly why the Roman Catholic Church has a false plan of salvation and so much false teachings.

Dec 9, 2011

Yes the (bible)Is my trusted source for It Is the WORD of GOD expressed through men that wrote the books,old and also new

And I believe when James said show me your works without your faith and I will show you my faith by my works was talking about how the body expresses what It proclaims and that’s the Only expression there Is to the WORD of GOD that I trust but I don’t see how anyone could talk to GOD

And say I know you said In your WORD that this or that Is wrong but the pope said doing It the way he said to do It Is ok ,Is It ok GOD?

That sounds strange don’t you agree?

L

lenna

It was eleventh hour who posted to me that the sacraments don't confer Grace. That's calling my faith false. I may seem evasive when I'm choosing my words to avoid the triggers attached to protestant /catholic discussons. What do you feel I'm being evasive about?

What seems Hodge podge to you?
well she is right. I am very familiar with Catholicism as my father was Catholic before accepting Christ. And believe me, he tried very hard to be a good Catholic, including going on his knees up rough stone stairs trying to get an answer to prayer.

now I see you are Catholic which is why I say the above. I had a few best friends who were also Catholic and my SIL was Catholic. So, no triggers here. I'm not Protestant. I am a Christian and do not identify with the political and geographical pursuits of either side, for example King Henry the viii being excommunicated by the pope who would not grant him an annulment. So then the reformation was launched and Catholicism became less popular. I am sure that was what God intended, mind you He used it to some extent, but that's God for you. Able to turn things around for the good.

Henry also greatly benefited with regards to filling his coffers with Cromwell as his chief minister, ordering 800 monasteries to be disbanded with their lands and gold/treasures, taken for the crown. Interestingly, Henry never became a Protestant himself, having been indoctrinated into Catholicism and suffering from the usual superstitions

That's calling my faith false
actually, you are calling others false who disagree with YOUR faith. I guess you missed that though?

you were being evasive about the fact you are Catholic. let's be honest and if you want to employ the use of the word 'triggered', then extend it to your particular beliefs and the fact you are so quick to defend them. Fine. defend them. but you know very well that those who are not Catholic do not believe in some of the most 'sacred' things that you do.

E

eternally-gratefull

The problem with this is it is problematic. Remember the jews had this same mentality, god gave them the words of scripture through their prophets and moses. He gave them the traditions and the history, he gave them prety much everything, yet when it counted, they took all of that and created a movement which was against God, and actually prevented them from seeing Christ,

this is exactly what the Catholic Church is insisting they do not, and it proves they are the one true church, where all it does is prove they too may make the same mistake the jew did

if the jew would have stopped and sat down and studied the scripture. They would have recieved Christ, instead they used history, and the words of men passage down in word and tradition and rejected Christ,

be warned,

E

eternally-gratefull

If the a.c. reveals himself and wars against the Catholic Church, the people who have been taught that the Catholic Church is antichrist will be tempted to believe the antichrist is Christ.
The antichrist will not war with the roman church, many believe he will actually use her until has has no use for her and she becomes a threat. Then he will just destroy her (Babylon the mother of Harlots)

L

lenna

The Scriptures aren’t twisted to fit any false narrative so you can stop with your RCC is superior to Scripture heresy.

oh

but but but

the traditions and the early church fathers? and what about Peter as the first pope>

you are going to ruin some people's sleep

Dec 12, 2013

If you were a bible loving Catholic, you would not have rejected the three sets of scriptures I posted on grace being a position that a believer is placed into by faith and salvation!

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
What does it mean. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails " "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control "

Christ is the vine we are the branches. And we know a branch cannot bare fruit on its own. All life comes from the vine. So we die so He may live shine in us. Never about us.

Did not Christ say "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

He didn't suggest this GOD gave us a commandment. This love is also a fruit.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
What does it mean. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails " "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control "

Christ is the vine we are the branches. And we know a branch cannot bare fruit on its own. All life comes from the vine. So we die so He may live shine in us. Never about us.

Did not Christ say "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

He didn't suggest this GOD gave us a commandment. This love is also a fruit.
Yes it is the best fruit of all because it brings out all the other fruits and is the supernatural steroid for the believers heart faith and walk You said it better than I could and I am so happy about that.