It will crush you at times. For several hours, my heart was crushed. I ran through all the verses in the bible that promote the idea of marriage.
"It is not good for Man to be alone", I said.
But we have the Holy Spirit. I am not alone.
A few hours. You could, turn to pornography. You could attempt to form a relationship with a girl here at CC. You could go on Facebook and try to find a girl there. You could go out into the world and delude yourself into believing that God will just magically transport the perfect girl into your world because you've been hurting so long.
The bad news is in. The length of time doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how long you've been hurting. That will not make a difference to God whether or not you receive a spouse.
The good news is in. The pain doesn't last forever. The pain is mostly us weeping over losing the potential sexual encounters that we thought were so important in life. Honestly, if I turn 45 and I haven't gotten married by that time, I will have no regrets. What will I have missed out on? Romantic love?
I can deal with that. The loneliness doesn't last forever. When you get over it, you feel fine. You feel like doing normal things. Like taking care of your family, or praying, or reading your bible.
But if you're in a funk, don't sin. Just sit through it. And when you make it out the other end, do what you want to to serve the Lord, or feed yourself, or do your own works and bring joy to your own heart, you have that gift.
I am your Christian Brother, and I am single, and I am going to be single for a long time. I am here with you, and I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon.
We can do this together.
"It is not good for Man to be alone", I said.
But we have the Holy Spirit. I am not alone.
A few hours. You could, turn to pornography. You could attempt to form a relationship with a girl here at CC. You could go on Facebook and try to find a girl there. You could go out into the world and delude yourself into believing that God will just magically transport the perfect girl into your world because you've been hurting so long.
The bad news is in. The length of time doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how long you've been hurting. That will not make a difference to God whether or not you receive a spouse.
The good news is in. The pain doesn't last forever. The pain is mostly us weeping over losing the potential sexual encounters that we thought were so important in life. Honestly, if I turn 45 and I haven't gotten married by that time, I will have no regrets. What will I have missed out on? Romantic love?
I can deal with that. The loneliness doesn't last forever. When you get over it, you feel fine. You feel like doing normal things. Like taking care of your family, or praying, or reading your bible.
But if you're in a funk, don't sin. Just sit through it. And when you make it out the other end, do what you want to to serve the Lord, or feed yourself, or do your own works and bring joy to your own heart, you have that gift.
I am your Christian Brother, and I am single, and I am going to be single for a long time. I am here with you, and I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon.
We can do this together.