Your adoration to the Creator is really being a delight to Him?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

so-jesus-e-deus

Senior Member
Feb 7, 2017
1,605
140
63
Your adoration to the Creator is really being a delight to Him?

• Amo 9:1 -> “I saw the Lord standing beside the altar, and he said: “Strike the capitals until the thresholds shake, and shatter them on the heads of all the people; and those who are left of them I will kill with the sword; not one of them shall flee away; not one of them shall escape.”.

In this excerpt, we can see the Lord beside the altar, but not to receive the worship of Israel’s people, but to smite the lintel of the door so that the temple could fall on their head. And the turpitude of Israel was so big that nobody would be able to flee away or escape.

Did you already think how terrible it this? These people were to the temple to worship the Creator thinking that they were pleasing Him when, indeed, this was a torment to Him:

• Amo 5:21-23 -> “ “I hate, I despise your feasts, and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies. Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; and the peace offerings of your fattened animals, I will not look upon them. Take away from me the noise of your songs; to the melody of your harps I will not listen.””.

See other passages showing this:

• Mal 1:10 -> “Oh that there were one among you who would shut the doors, that you might not kindle fire on my altar in vain! I have no pleasure in you, says the LORD of hosts, and I will not accept an offering from your hand.”.
• Isa 1:12-15 -> “ “When you come to appear before me, who has required of you this trampling of my courts? Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations— I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hates; they have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them. When you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood.”.

Jesus was clear about the acceptation of the offer by the Creator:

• Mat 5:23-24 -> “So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.”

Malachi highlighted the importance of the perfect communion between husband and wife so that the offer could be accepted:

• Mal 2:13,14 -> “And this second thing you do. You cover the LORD's altar with tears, with weeping and groaning because he no longer regards the offering or accepts it with favor from your hand. But you say, “Why does he not?” Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant.”.

In this case, not even the prayers are heard:

• 1Pe 3:7 -> “Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.”.

So, have a good day asking Jesus to fathom your heart so that there is nothing hampering His work in your life (Ps 139:23,24).