Your perfect wedding?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2013
The bride is a delicate flower
Tender, her white dress is soft petals
She is like the lily

Bells chime to the hour
With cheerful hearts old women weep
Children act playful and silly

At sunset, the sky in colorful shower
The inky morass above the painted watercolor
All then is sealed with a kiss

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
if i get married....

00189c8ac7eddc6df4bc3e456e6f6b2f.jpg

​just kidding lol

Feb 18, 2013
Not that I've had any reason whatsoever to be thinking about this lately, but my perfect wedding would be:

1. One where Christ is glorified, but also reflects the personalities of me and my fiance
2. Where all the wedding elements are chosen carefully or even changed/adapted so as to be personal and meaningful, as opposed to just doing things for the sake of tradition.
3. The atmosphere is celebratory but relaxed! I can't stand formal or uptight weddings.
4. One that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I like my arms and legs. I want to keep them. ._.
5. My closest friends and family are in attendance.
6. At the end of the day, I'm married to my best friend.
7. My mom makes it through the day without getting offended about something.

numbers 1-6 are on the right track so far.

Number 7 may require slightly more prayer. :p

C

cmarieh

Not that I've had any reason whatsoever to be thinking about this lately, but my perfect wedding would be:

1. One where Christ is glorified, but also reflects the personalities of me and my fiance
2. Where all the wedding elements are chosen carefully or even changed/adapted so as to be personal and meaningful, as opposed to just doing things for the sake of tradition.
3. The atmosphere is celebratory but relaxed! I can't stand formal or uptight weddings.
4. One that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I like my arms and legs. I want to keep them. ._.
I love everything you stated here because I believe every Christian wants deep down. Thank You for posting this

S

Shouryu

7. My mom makes it through the day without getting offended about something.

numbers 1-6 are on the right track so far.

Number 7 may require slightly more prayer. :p
Nice to see you still alive and kicking, Hallie. Of course, we know WHY you've been so absent/distracted lately. ^_-

I haven't received my invitation in the mail yet. What gives?

Feb 18, 2013
I haven't received my invitation in the mail yet. What gives?
Becauuuuuseeee *kicks floor* my mom said I can't invite my "internet friends". Something about "stranger danger". Pshhh what does she know.

The bonds are REAL, yo.

(If you want to uh, crash the wedding, I'll make sure to save you some Lumpia and dumplings!)

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
"Get the hook" they said
"It's so easy to use" they said.

IMG_4352389639910.jpeg

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
When I was a child I watche a TV program where the man giving a couple some councelling, asked: "Why do you want to be dicorced". The man said: "She´s used to squeeze the tooth paste the wrong way" and "I´m upset of correcting such a mistake"

I was shoked at that and I thought: "Is that a reason to be divorced?" (I was a teen, those days)

When I got married, and lived that part out (as if I was that actor on the movie I watched) I personnaly learned what a perfect marriage (not a wedding) could be.

She was used to leave the tooth paste this way... I decided to have mine (which I bought and put away) but she insisted on doing the same each time she had the chance (invading what I thought it was my privacy or space).

Ha! Ha! :) What a lesson I learned on that tiny thing!
I think people take for granted just how ingrained our upbringing is in us. When you go to any house, you expect a certain order or mannerisms. It's only natural. But since there are soooo many different ways of living and organizing, it's really smart to explore and talk about those things. I am not a slob, but not a neat freak either. My husband is the same way - so, that I let something go doesn't bother him near as much as someone who is very militant about neatness.

I think people with different ways of living could make it work, but it would be very hard. Also, being one who likes to go out a lot with someone who wants to stay in a lot - that kind of clash can be really hard on a relationship. So, being exactly the same is not what you're looking for, but it would be helpful to be similar in habit.

The little foxes spoil the vine. The little things. Song of Solomon 2:15

L

lumberjack

I don't think I will ever get married, but if I do I want a giant CAKE. :D

Sep 6, 2013
The little foxes spoil the vine. The little things. Song of Solomon 2:15
This is so true. So often we worry about the few big things, forgetting that the many small things are what we are going to be struggling with daily.

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
This is so true. So often we worry about the few big things, forgetting that the many small things are what we are going to be struggling with daily.
Yes, well, big decisions like a baby, or to take that job offer, or other "big" things are not everyday things, like how to squeeze toothpaste, lol. It may be little, but if you just stuff it down, all these little annoyances add up.

T

Tintin

I'm a bit of an oddball. I have wanted to get married, ever since I was a little boy. I believe that the focus, even on the wedding day, should be God, each other and the uniqueness and complimentary nature of the pairing, and good fun - a celebration with friends and family. It doesn't have to be big and expensive, but it needs to be authentic and relational. A good stepping stone to marriage.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
*Lynx whistles to himself and slowly walks away.

L

lumberjack

No worries, if the time comes I'll order it here. :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Kind of like those people who are looking for a reason to protest in Arkansas today? My friend is a guard at the State Capitol in Arkansas, and he told us about all the trouble they're having over there right now.