your prayer support for practicing regular fasting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NatalieUSA

Jul 8, 2018
I plan to do weekly fasting for a number of weeks. My fasting goals are getting closer to God, practicing the discipline of regular fasting, & preparing myself for an important ministry. I will appreciate your prayer for me for perseverance in fasting, increased sensitivity to God’s voice, and increased love for God.
I am starting a 36-hour fasting.
All are welcome to join me in fasting and post in this thread for mutual encouragement.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Many here have different diseases and cannot fast.

Be sure to drink LOTS of water..

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
I applaud your desire to fast to grow closer to our GOD. I am sure this will increase your vision of our dependence on Him. I will pray for you! If you don't mind I would like to add for others, fasting doesn't only have to be just food. Try going a period of time without TV or internet maybe your phone. Fasting gives you time to focus on your spirituality and focus on GOD.

My prayers are for you and you to reach your goals.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless NatalieUSA, and this prayer, give knowledge and wisdom and strength to be able to fast and get your revelations from your word. Lord bless to be spiritually strong and let you be glorified in NatalieUSA's fasting and thoughts. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

NatalieUSA

Jul 8, 2018
Thanks to all who responded and prayed for me.

Blue ladybug, I am actually doing a dry fast. Please don't be concerned. I did a thorough research on dry fasting and I did it many times.

MrH, I don't turn to TV or internet entertainment or cell phone entertainment even when I am not fasting. Why would I do those things when KNOWING GOD is so interesting and thrills my soul? Why would I waste time on those entertainments when tens of millions are waiting for God's Church to save them from everlasting darkness?

levi, I appreciate your prayer.
'

Jun 18, 2013
Lord we pray with NatalieUSA. Help her in her fasting goals, bless her to come closer to you and your kingdom. Bless her ministry which she desires to pursue for thee. In thy precious name.Amen.

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
Thanks to all who responded and prayed for me.

Blue ladybug, I am actually doing a dry fast. Please don't be concerned. I did a thorough research on dry fasting and I did it many times.

MrH, I don't turn to TV or internet entertainment or cell phone entertainment even when I am not fasting. Why would I do those things when KNOWING GOD is so interesting and thrills my soul? Why would I waste time on those entertainments when tens of millions are waiting for God's Church to save them from everlasting darkness?

levi, I appreciate your prayer.
'
Sorry if I offended you. I complementing you on your desire to fast. I was just trying to use your endeavor to encourage others that they could also fast. Not only food but other from other things also. Just to focus on GOD. I admire you and pray for you. A friend in Jesus.

NatalieUSA

Jul 8, 2018
thespiritoftruth, thank you for your prayer.

MrH, you did not offend me at all. I was just using the occasion to encourage fellow Christians to pursue the incredible privilege/pleasure of KNOWING GOD and to remember the Church’s privilege/duty to save the lost.

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
thespiritoftruth, thank you for your prayer.

MrH, you did not offend me at all. I was just using the occasion to encourage fellow Christians to pursue the incredible privilege/pleasure of KNOWING GOD and to remember the Church’s privilege/duty to save the lost.
Thank you I count it a privalage to know you. Have a blessed day

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I am also fasting for a few days starting today but drinking lots of water :)

Jul 8, 2018

I finished this 36-hour fasting without much difficulty.

God, I give all thanksgiving to You for having sustained me in this fast.

I ask for a special blessing for all who prayed for me, who cared enough to respond to a fellow Christian’ prayer request.

I pray for danja to do fasting according to Your will. I pray for her to increase her delight in the Word during this fast.

I pray for all who viewed this thread and felt a call to do Christian fast. I pray the seed of fasting will mature in their life and they will practice fasting with a pure motive that is pleasing in Your sight.

In Jesus’ name.

meagain

Jan 13, 2018
Make sure everything in your life has been surrendered to God......if not, your fasting will invite the enemies' accusations to the Lord, which will invite testing in your life. I speak from experience. God bless you as you seek to honor Him in this way!

Jul 8, 2018
I am starting a 30-hour dry fast, to get closer to God and to prepare myself for witnessing opportunities to friends this weekend. Please pray for me.
Anyone wants to join me for mutual encouragement? Jump in any time.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
yes ,I am in , a water fast .Hoping to go five days.I will pray for you Natalie

Jul 8, 2018
Thank you, danja, for praying for me. What are your fasting goals?

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m praying that God will provide strength, draw you closer to Himself and give you guidance as you lean upon Him. May you experience the abundance of His love and grace in the days ahead. Hugs to you :).

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I’m praying that God will provide strength, draw you closer to Himself and give you guidance as you lean upon Him. May you experience the abundance of His love and grace in the days ahead. Hugs to you :).
thank you sister :D God bless you