Your righteousness or Jesus righteousness?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
2 Corinthians 1:

20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.



The key is in Him (vs 20). If we are drawn away and do not remain in Him we still have Christ in us, the hope of glory, but we are no longer living where all of God's promises are yea and amen.



It is God Who establishes us in Christ (vs 21). We do not have it in ourselves to establish ourselves in Christ. God does this and He never fails. There's a song by Casting Crowns called "Just Be Held" that resonates this truth.


It is God Who seals us (vs 22). God won't remove His Seal as it is of great worth --- paid for by His Son. And no one else can remove it.


[video=youtube;yutmTFtalKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutmTFtalKs[/video]
 
~Neither by the blood of goats and calves,
but by His own blood,
He entered in once into the Holy Place,
having obtained eternal redemption for us.~
~Heb.9:12~
 
His obedience.. Galatians 2:20 It is no longer I that lives but Christ in me. Everything is by his grace.. Not our own works that anyone should boast xx


Just because Paul said it's not him that lives, But Christ lives in him, How many Christians can say the same?, Yes, Christ does live in us, But some Christians are still living for themselves, and the aren't letting Jesus live His life through them.
There is a God side, and an Our side, and we have to do our part, Be holy, walk in the Spirit not in the flesh, present our bodies as a living sacrifice and allow Jesus to live His life through us.
We are ambassador's for Christ, Not just to present Him, But to re-present Him, so the world will see Jesus.
 
Just because Paul said it's not him that lives, But Christ lives in him, How many Christians can say the same?, Yes, Christ does live in us, But some Christians are still living for themselves, and the aren't letting Jesus live His life through them.
There is a God side, and an Our side, and we have to do our part, Be holy, walk in the Spirit not in the flesh, present our bodies as a living sacrifice and allow Jesus to live His life through us.
We are ambassador's for Christ, Not just to present Him, But to re-present Him, so the world will see Jesus.

Yes but it's all done through him.. Saving grace and empowering grace.. Without him we can do nothing.. And of course if Paul says this then so do we... The holy spirit is one spirit for all of us who believe. This is the good news my brother let's rejoice together :)
 
2 Corinthians 1:

20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.



The key is in Him (vs 20). If we are drawn away and do not remain in Him we still have Christ in us, the hope of glory, but we are no longer living where all of God's promises are yea and amen.



It is God Who establishes us in Christ (vs 21). We do not have it in ourselves to establish ourselves in Christ. God does this and He never fails. There's a song by Casting Crowns called "Just Be Held" that resonates this truth.


It is God Who seals us (vs 22). God won't remove His Seal as it is of great worth --- paid for by His Son. And no one else can remove it.


[video=youtube;yutmTFtalKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutmTFtalKs[/video]

Amen. My fave fave fave song at the minute.. I've been listening to it about 500 times a day haha.. The words are just wow! Xx
 
Hey there... John 3:16 says for God so loves the
world.. Whoever believes in him will have everlasting life.. Jesus died for all of us.. it's when we come to believe in him is and accept his gift of forgiveness and righteousness. Bless u :)


Now you are back peddling from your prior statement. Either he endured the wrath of God in totality for all, even for unbelief, or there is something left for us to do.

Also, John 3:16 does not say that Christ
was sent
for everyone in the world. Only a surface level reading of that text would tell you that. The verse says that he was given [ἵνα πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων] in order that all those who believe will have eternal life. The text explains the reason for the giving of the son was for believing people, not those who would not believe.

Also, I am sorry I tried to recommend a resource for you to learn from. I see you are too learned already
to care.:)
 
Last edited:
●My (B1's) Commentary in Bold•... Just because Paul said it's not him that lives, But Christ lives in him, Yes?
How many Christians can say the same?,
All Christians, you say so in your next 6 words...
Yes, Christ does live in us, See?
But some Christians are still living for themselves, Are you sure? and they aren't letting Jesus live His life through them. How do you know, are you the official fruit inspector?

There is a God side, (hunh?) and an Our side, Our? or Your? and we have to do our part, Have to? We, or You?
Be holy, How?
walk in the Spirit not in the flesh, Okay, but perfectly? present our bodies as a living sacrifice Again, perfectly? and How do you know 'we' don't? And does typing on the internet count?

and allow Jesus to live His life through us.
What, exactly, does that mean?
We are ambassador's for Christ, Yes...
Not just to present Him, ^You just said to^
But to re-present Him, Oh, okay ...
so the world will see Jesus.
What if I just hit my thumb with a framing hammer and yelled 'Sh#+, THAT HURT! I'm going home!' Is Christ still in me?

I'm sorry, friend, I don't mean to come across as a wiseguy ... :cool: :p ... but, after a nice thread with alot of encouragement from scripture and ppl lifting each other up in faith in Christ, your entry came across as a downer, like some kind of warning that 'we're' not being good enough.

Jesus is our Saviour.
'We' have faith in the only begotten Son of the Living God.

'We're' not bowing the knee to any of the myriads of false gods out there, but rejoicing in our Lord Jesus Christ, who loves us and gave Himself for us.
Join in.....
Post a word of encouragement from scripture,
and try not to follow it up with, 'Yeah...but...'

Peace, brother. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Grace777x70


Now you are back peddling from your prior statement. Either he endured the wrath of God in totality for all, even for unbelief, or there is something left for us to do.

Also, John 3:16 does not say that Christ
was sent
for everyone in the world. Only a surface level reading of that text would tell you that. The verse says that he was given [ἵνα πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων] in order that all those who believe will have eternal life. The text explains the reason for the giving of the son was for believing people, not those who would not believe.

Also, I am sorry I tried to recommend a resource for you to learn from. I see you are too learned already
to care.:)

No I'm not back peddling... That's exactly what was ment.. In every translation it says for God so loves the world... Who are we to say who belongs to God and who doesn't like I said before we are to spread the truth of the gospel which is grace through faith and then let the word do what it is accomplished to do :) I'll be sure to check out your link u sent. Thanks and bless u xx
 
  • Like
Reactions: Grace777x70
No I'm not back peddling... That's exactly what was ment.. In every translation it says for God so loves the world... Who are we to say who belongs to God and who doesn't like I said before we are to spread the truth of the gospel which is grace through faith and then let the word do what it is accomplished to do :) I'll be sure to check out your link u sent. Thanks and bless u xx
Superb, grace-filled reply!
(I might've put it a bit different.) ;)
Can I borrow some of that grace?
I really need to learn a softer approach.

(I'm such a ... guy ... :p )
 
Yes but it's all done through him.. Saving grace and empowering grace.. Without him we can do nothing.. And of course if Paul says this then so do we... The holy spirit is one spirit for all of us who believe. This is the good news my brother let's rejoice together :)

But it isn't done through Jesus, IS IT, as some people are still living for themselves, and you cannot tell they are Christians.
Whereas If Jesus was living His life through them, There would be a big change in their lives, and they wouldn't be living for themselves.
The empowering grace hasn't effected their lives, has it?.
 
I'm sorry, friend, I don't mean to come across as a wiseguy ... :cool: :p ... but, after a nice thread with alot of encouragement from scripture and ppl lifting each other up in faith in Christ, your entry came across as a downer, like some kind of warning that 'we're' not being good enough.

Jesus is our Saviour.
'We' have faith in the only begotten Son of the Living God.

'We're' not bowing the knee to any of the myriads of false gods out there, but rejoicing in our Lord Jesus Christ, who loves us and gave Himself for us.
Join in.....
Post a word of encouragement from scripture,
and try not to follow it up with, 'Yeah...but...'

Peace, brother. :)



You cannot change the facts that some Christians are still living for themselves, instead of letting Jesus live His life through them, and you cannot change the Biblical fact that we have to do our part.
If you look at some Christians, you will see that they aren't living for Jesus, Unless you go about with you eyes closed.
 
But it isn't done through Jesus, IS IT, as some people are still living for themselves, and you cannot tell they are Christians.
Whereas If Jesus was living His life through them, There would be a big change in their lives, and they wouldn't be living for themselves.
The empowering grace hasn't effected their lives, has it?.

Of course some people are still living for themselves.. I didn't not say that.. It doesn't change the fact that Jesus has died for them though does it. It's only when we know the truth does it set us free... I'm not sure what your getting at here really? I'm just stating the facts of the Gospel.. We aren't called to go around pointing our fingers at people like "your not living for Jesus" more "Jesus loves u so much he died for you" which one of this statements is a message of grace ?
 
Of course some people are still living for themselves.. I didn't not say that.. It doesn't change the fact that Jesus has died for them though does it. It's only when we know the truth does it set us free... I'm not sure what your getting at here really? I'm just stating the facts of the Gospel.. We aren't called to go around pointing our fingers at people like "your not living for Jesus" more "Jesus loves u so much he died for you" which one of this statements is a message of grace ?


" Jesus loves you so much he died for you" is a great way to put the Gospel. why some do want to do that is baffling to me.

on a side note, my pastor is currently teaching on talking to non-believers, started last week. I have been sadly thinking about this all week, that for me it is easier to talk to non-believers than to many believers I know ( especially on here ). non-believers usually have questions, sadly believers have corrections, criticisms.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Grace777x70
Yeah I hear you.. Like I said above its only when we know the truth that it sets us free.. Paul says in 2 corinth 11:4 "For if one preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different spirit which you have not accepted you bear with this beautifully.

What was the gospel that was first preached ? Jesus Christ and him crucified.. For all mankind.. This should be the only message we preach... The Gospel is "Good news" If it was anything else it wouldn't be good news would it?
 
" Jesus loves you so much he died for you" is a great way to put the Gospel. why some do want to do that is baffling to me.

on a side note, my pastor is currently teaching on talking to non-believers, started last week. I have been sadly thinking about this all week, that for me it is easier to talk to non-believers than to many believers I know ( especially on here ). non-believers usually have questions, sadly believers have corrections, criticisms.

Amen brother...we seem to have some on CC that have more confidence in their own faults and sins ( and in the perceived faults of others ) than in what Jesus did for us when He brought to us His righteousness.

We need to "awake to the righteousness that is in us and then we will not sin"...the greatest sin is unbelief in what Jesus has already done for us and not walking in His gift of righteousness.

Sometimes when I see some of the comments made - I ask myself "Why do we have so many "unbelieving" believers?".

What has happened to us? Instead of having great threads like this that lift up what Jesus has done for us - we have threads made to specifically rip apart others in the body of Christ that have a different view on some scripture then we do.

But thank God we overwhelmingly conquer in all these things!
 
I've just been listening to the song "Amazing Grace" the title itself tells us that grace is amazing..

One of the verses says.. "How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed" Everything starts with grace.. The minute we belive is because of grace.. If we read in galatians 3:1-5 The apostle Paul says "You foolish galatians who has bewitched you, before who's eyes Jesus Christ was publically portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: Did you receive the spirit by the works of the law of by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain- if indeed it was in vain? So then, does he who provides you with the spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the hearing of the law or by hearing with faith?

I don't need to write anything else.. I'll let the truth do the talking... Man it messes with our pathetic natural minds :) Praise God xx
 
But it isn't done through Jesus, IS IT, as some people are still living for themselves, and you cannot tell they are Christians.
Whereas If Jesus was living His life through them, There would be a big change in their lives, and they wouldn't be living for themselves.
The empowering grace hasn't effected their lives, has it?.

I can definitely speak about thisf rom my own experience.
I met Him and received His Spirit but did not have much victory. It went on this way for many years.
I was not fully accepting of His will in all things.I complained a lot, all the time, about whatever circumstance I found myself in, which I would have ceased if I truly believed Him that He guides my steps.
I was always quick to defend myself against attacks and selfishnesses of others.
He has to humble us before We can be of use to Him, and we are NEVER as humble as we think we are.
Why should He give virtues to someone like that?
Why would He? It would only further damage us.

I had been sealed with His Spirit, yet I was full of the pride that defended itself always and expected respect from others.
What respect is due ME? And how is trying to gain it seeking His will? It's not. It's seeking MY will.

I now don't expect anything from others the same way I don't expect what I order from the drive thru at McDonalds. I pull up to the window and when they ask what I would like I say, just give me whatever you want! I expect mistreatments and I am now thankful for them because I have seen that other people are His instruments to humble me further. And they are most often an opportunity to teach me TRUE forgiveness.

I've begun to see Him take away all of the angers and resentments in me. I've begun to have victories over these enemies that seek to destroy me. And in it, I see others soften too, which is the most amazing part of it, though it shouldn't be, because we know we love Him because He loved us first. I was very unlovable, but He loved and desired me anyway. I have to walk as He walked in this. But He could not increase my virtues because of pride and lack of humility and my insistence on treating people only as well as they treated me.

The circumstance you find yourself in today, even this very minute, and the people within those circumstances, are tools in His hand. Testing comes under PRESSURE. These everyday circumstances ARE our warfare and our testings. And the testings aren't so He can see us fail. They are so WE can see us fail and become more humble and cling more to Him as our only hope to be good.
 
Thank you, Jesus, for your Amazing Grace!
[video=youtube;kFjtsi6ciho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFjtsi6ciho&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
 
Thank you, Jesus, for your Amazing Grace!
[video=youtube;kFjtsi6ciho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFjtsi6ciho&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I love Debby and Wayne, I used to listen to them and go on their retreats in PA when I lived there, they are good people.
 
Of course some people are still living for themselves.. I didn't not say that.. It doesn't change the fact that Jesus has died for them though does it. It's only when we know the truth does it set us free... I'm not sure what your getting at here really? I'm just stating the facts of the Gospel.. We aren't called to go around pointing our fingers at people like "your not living for Jesus" more "Jesus loves u so much he died for you" which one of this statements is a message of grace ?


In your previous posts, you have made it sound like Jesus has done it all, and we don't have to do anything.
But truth tells us that we have to let Jesus do a work in us, and we have to let Jesus live His life through us.