Your thoughts on An allegory of the covenants

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Brother Gods will is that all will repent and be saved

“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If it was Gods choice alone everyone would come to repentance and be saved . His will is that all come to repentance and bone perish

that’s Gods choice , so what he did was sent the gospel into the world so that anyone who will believe the gospel can be saved .

it’s not beyond us to believe the gospel . Consider Thomas

“The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
‭‭John‬ ‭20:25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

that’s a decision he made all the disciples were telling him the lord is Rosen we saw him Thomas in his stubbornness decided” unless I touch and see him myself I will
Never believe “

so what does Jesus do with Thomas doubt? He shows up with proof to convince him so he will believe

“And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭20:26-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

do you see what I’m saying? The gospel is out there to convince us to believe that Jesus is the Christ and son of God. That’s why we’re told tomoresch the gospel. And believe the gospel because it moves us into faith from doubt but not if we reject it

Thomas didn’t believe but then he did when he was convinced. Belief isn’t a magic thing that we have no ability to choose. If we have doubts we need to hear the gospel and believe it choose to believe what we are hearing like Thomas didn’t.

the world is called by the gospel and throne who receive and believe the gospel are the chosen. Everyone called isn’t going to be saved the call is to all the world to repent and believe

faith comes into us through hearing the gospel

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

but we cannot believe what we refuse to hear and accept as truth. So the gospel is preached in the world in order that any who believe can be saved

Listen brother predestination and ore ordination is a real thing, it’s looking from God's view who knows the end before we get there. We don’t have the knowledge of who is pre-destined we have to look at things from our perspective.

the gospel is in the world and believers can believe the gospel or reject it it’s a free-will decision to reject his word or accept it he doesn’t do the believing part for us we have to believe what he has done
I asked you a direct question about Saul and you refused to answer. Why?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I asked you a direct question about Saul and you refused to answer. Why?
wow brother are you getting upset ? That’s sure not my intent . Personally I think it’s alright to disagree but interrogation isn’t of interest to me

did Paul have a choice in serving God after he was chosen to do so ???? Yes everyday we all have a choice to walk in the things we believe

listen tinny point about your question paul was chosen and called , he wasn’t forced to do anything. He began as a non believer , he began to believe when he was converted because he himself saw the risen Jesus. Paul then made the choice to follow through all that suffering because he believed now

God isn’t a dictator when he said he hated esau it’s not arbitrary he has foreknowledge and esau sold his birthrite to Jacob . God fore knee this that’s why Jacob was chosen Gid saw the mans heart and life beforehand . Esau hated God by selling his birthrite for a bowl of stew

God didn’t make esau do what he did he only foresaw it and spoke it from that foreknowledge. He doesn’t make anyone believe doesn’t make anyone obey against thier free will what he has done isn’t goven is a choice by telling us the truth just like Paul Paul saw the truth of Christ and believes from a position of not believing beforehand

he was convinced so his role became to persuade and explore men on Christs behalf to accept the gospel and be reconciled to God.

why do you suppose the gospel has to be preached as a witness in the world before the end can come ?

if God decides it all and there’s no choice why do we have to hear and believe the truth to be saved ?

it’s because we need the choice to come out of slavery to sin , before the gospel there was no choice , now like Adam heard the truth and a lie , we’ve heard the truth and the worlds lies claiming to be truth

who will we believe is the only question , to insist this is not the way or we can’t believe what we here because God will either force or withhold us from believing is not something I believe it wouldn’t matter how many questions you ask about Paul

Paul saw a dead man he had disbelieved show up in heavenly glory was converted and then willingly served God the rest of his life Paul picked up his cross daily denied himself and flowed Jesus

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
wow brother are you getting upset ? That’s sure not my intent . Personally I think it’s alright to disagree but interrogation isn’t of interest to me
Nevermind. You're jumping to far too many conclusions for my style . . . take care.