You're sick and poor. Did God lie? Did your faith fail? What's going on?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

ed12

Hi 1still_waters,
This is a major issue and one that needs addressing. This is a very brave post. I will speak from my experiences and how I feel. I hate those teachings where "faith" is yelled out and priests shout at Christ fearing He is deaf. This causes so much hurt and destroys immature faith, which is many of us. I was once taken to an international forum preaching on raising the dead and these people were raised and this led them to believe they had a ministry in raising the dead. They recommended digging up graves and "practicing" on dead bodies.

I hurt my leg, Achilles tendon and was in pain and inconvenienced. I asked Jesus if my sins had been forgiven. The reason I asked this is because scripture tells the story of Jesus saying, "which is easier to say, your sins are forgiven or get up and walk" and the man took up his mat and walked, healed. To my heart He said my sins had been forgiven. I then asked why I was sick. To my heart He said "direction" One Word. I am still appreciating the depth of this Word. Does God "keep" us. If we live in the kingdom of God He does. How do you imagine He "keeps" us. Jesus took our illnesses. Jesus was a sickly person. Jesus did not wave a magic wand and zap illness. He took our illness. Jesus is still healing. If He lives in us and we in Him and He is still healing then we too share in His sufferings. Jesus was perfected through suffering. Jesus wasn't born perfect, Jesus was born sinless. Jesus learned and was perfected through suffering. Jesus is interested in our Eternal Life. If He needs to cut off our right hand or take out our right eye to "keep' us He will. His focus is our Eternal Life.
What can we do. Forgive others. Do you have any unforgiveness in your heart. How can God forgive us if we ourselves can not forgive others. If this is a problem Pray for a new heart, the heart of a young child. Not judgmental, not worrying about clothes or the next meal, just totally trusting in their "parents' to provide. We need to grow into that as well, trusing, (belief) in Jesus.
If you leg falls off, GIVE THANKS, whatever happens, GIVE THANKS. Give thanks give thanks give thanks. If you are in His hand, Give thanks.
love in Jesus
ed

Feb 17, 2010
Should we believe this? ..... Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

For who were these words in God's Bible written? Was it for us as well? You claim God still heal people, so can you enlighten us to which cases does God select to heal? As obviously the two parties BOTH prayed with all their faith and one got healed the other not!

My answer.... Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

I do not need to ask ANY MAN why God does not hear my prayers, God told me in John 9:31. All I can ask Him at this stage is..... Lord have mercy on me! Amen! And I hope the Holy Spirit intervene for me with the Father. Look even the elders have to have the FAITH of Jesus in them... if they do not, they receive not like these people in the Word....Are these words for us as well?... Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Who needs explaining after God spoke so clearly? Not I, Thank God not I!. I know Lord, I should only ask you, Your Spirit does not sleep or hesitate, but He truly reprove me of my sin, of righteousness, and of judgement.... Of sin becasue I believe not on you, of righteousness, because You are with Father and I see you not, and of judgement, because the prince of this world is judged! Lord teach me all, and give me ears to hear, a heart to follow and a spirit to obey! Amen!

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I think God sometimes uses peoples ailments or weaknesses to show example for others. Just because someone is physically ill does not mean they arent worth being healed or they lack faith. Jesus healed to show he was the Son of God. His miracles so others would believe.

My parents are/were both totally blind. Dad died, but mom is stil living. They have never seen the faces of their own children, and while they are both Christians they were not "healed" by God. Why is this? Only God can tell us that, but I will say they are a great inspitaration to many who have met them. Two of the strongest people I have ever known. Their challenges built their character, and made them who they are.

Here is a newspaper article that was written about my father shortly after his death in 1993. This to me is a fine example how someones challenges can be en example of srength for others. I blacked out his last name for obvious reasons(its my last name too! lol)

Attachments

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Something to consider:

John 9
]And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Peace and Blessings in the name of Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah.

C

carey

I think God sometimes uses peoples ailments or weaknesses to show example for others. Just because someone is physically ill does not mean they arent worth being healed or they lack faith. Jesus healed to show he was the Son of God. His miracles so others would believe.

My parents are/were both totally blind. Dad died, but mom is stil living. They have never seen the faces of their own children, and while they are both Christians they were not "healed" by God. Why is this? Only God can tell us that, but I will say they are a great inspitaration to many who have met them. Two of the strongest people I have ever known. Their challenges built their character, and made them who they are.

Here is a newspaper article that was written about my father shortly after his death in 1993. This to me is a fine example how someones challenges can be en example of srength for others. I blacked out his last name for obvious reasons(its my last name too! lol)
I just had to say, what a beautiful experience to have a man like that as your father
bless you

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I just had to say, what a beautiful experience to have a man like that as your father
bless you
Thank you! He was a great man. I miss him dearly. Mom is awesome as well. She lost her sight at the age of 7, and he a very strong woman and an inspiration to many.

I posted that article to show that he used his "ailment" to find strength. It didn't stop him from doing things. Mom and dad both were challenged more than the average Joe, but I think their disability is a blessing in a way. Neither one of them have ever complained about being blind. They accepted it, and learned to live with it. To me this is a good example of how a Christian can use certain expieriences to teach others, and set an example.

God will not heal everyone. That is not his will to do so. Everyone one of us will die. Our bodies will wear out, and decay. We cannot prevent that. Even if God healed mom of her blindness today she will still die one day. The healing is spiritual. Through Jesus, and the promise of eternal life.

Dad spent most of his life in the dark, but because of his love for the Lord he is no longer in the dark. He can see. He is healed.

Feb 17, 2010
And the Pharisee asked the blind man AGAIN... for it was Sabbath when the Lord made the clay that healed the blind... WHAT SAYEST THOU OF HIM? ...That he hath opened thine eyes.... Then they asked the parents... WE KNOW THIS MAN IS A SINNER FOR HE KEEPETH NOT THE SABBATH... WELL said the man all I know is since I met him, I COULD SEE!

Imagine the praise to Jesus! Amen!

S

ServantsHeart

Hello, some of you out there know me but many others do not. I go by ServantsHeart on here, and as a child of 6 I was misdiagnosed as being hyper active or ADHD. The doctors at the time prescribed Ritalin for me; this is speed for a 6 year old. But I was later on at age 12, fallowing a major depression diagnosed properly as being bi polar. The Ritalin I took for 6 years made the bi-polar A LOT worse. After the hospital for around two months as a child, where they said I was the worst case of bi-polar and depression they had ever seen before, In LA. California! Upon getting out of the hospital I was placed in a special school for children with problems of all types. I was beat on daily, had desks and chair thrown at me, I was spit on at times, and had my head repetitively slammed into a school bus window. I have put on much weight, as the meds I am now on causes weight gain, and my thyroid is failing so I take meds for that now as well. I have high blood pressure and take meds for that. I also shake bad, so I take meds for that as well. I have had countless people attack my faith as well stating that if my faith was strong enough I would be well. I grew up having my father read me bible stories from my first memory as a babe. He later read me the Bible and Devotionals. Other trials my father passed away when I was 20 in a freak accident. My Grandmother died of Liver cancer when I was 6. My Grandfather missed her and died of a broken heart 6 months later. My uncle was also murdered by his girlfriend when I was 8. So yes I have dealt with a lot. It’s frustrating when you can’ trust your own emotions and your own thoughts betray you, been there to many times to count. Every time I go to the hospital the Lord is with me. When I go to the psych ward I take a sword, the word of God with me wherever I go! He has written his word upon the tables of my heart and mind. Whenever I face any thing I stand firm on the rock, for this house will stand firm!

1st Cor. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
[FONT=&quot]2nd Cor. 12:9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.[/FONT]

I thank God I am both weak and foolish he can use me (=! By that same measure, if we were all perfectly well not weak or foolish God would not use us so, are you who defend this stating our faith is to weak, God apparently doesn’t use you, I wonder whom does (Satan and his Demons)?

If I keep my eyes on Jesus I can walk on water…
ServantsHeart

Feb 17, 2010
Servantsheart, when you take up the Bible, do you also feel the presence of the saints with you? God said that the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. When I open the Bible and I start reading, it is as though the Holy Spirit, Christ Jesus and the saints that wrote (witnessed) the Word of God are all with me in the room.

Every time I open the Bible I know God is the One speaking to me. Check this out.... For God is not the author of confusion or unquietness, but He is the author of peace, as in all churches of the saints..... So I reckon if I open my Bible, I am a guest to peace, with the siants! Do you also experience that peace that your mind cannot comprehend?

I ask this because it is in these times that I do not even feel alive as the man I am everyday. I feel like I am what God wants me to be. A holy perfect man living a life pleasing to God. It is as though God makes me part of the church of saints! I ask this because I want to know if your way out of all your problems might not be revealed to you in quiet times with the Lord.

I remember how Paul was beaten. Five times with the maximum allowed strokes. I remember how they beat him with sticks, and how they stoned him and left him for dead. But then I recall that Jesus told Ananias that this is what Paul HAS TO GO THROUGH for HIS NAME SAKE! But God has ALWAYS given Paul the strength to get through it. And every time he suffered for the SAKE OF JESUS! not because he was picked on as a weakling. He suffered and carried the MESSAGE of Christ with him. He was the chosen one to suffer for Jesus and by Jesus!

We all would be persecuted by the evil ones, Jesus gave us a guarentee that ALL who believe on Him will be persecuted. So it is not a choice but a result of FAITH. But I fear I have not yet achieved that faith, yet it is starting. I have been chased from some churches for what I believe, and most of the times I only read from the Word. Things those people did not like. There are many things in the Bible people does not like. one of them is the command that Jesus gave us to be perfect.

What is amazing for me is that when Jesus said it in Matthew 5:48, He did not get a single argument or corrective statement, from ANY of the people He spoke too. Yet if I read it in a church or copy and paste it here on CC, there are many arguments and explainatory, or corrective statements being made. I think even Jesus would get some stick here on CC if He would repeat Matthew 5:48 today. The fist one will be ...Nobody is perfect!... Yet God says EXACTLY what He wants from us...And what HE WILL ENSURE WE HAVE... Even here on earth...

Then i remember this...James 1:2 to 4.... My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
Let patience have her perfect work.... that we may be perfect, and entire, wanting NOTHING! Oh imagine a Godly state of peace that we want NOTHING.... I experience that when I am in quiet time with the Lord and my TEACHERS. Soon I hope to SEE MY TEACHERS WITH MINE EYES, and HEAR THE VOICE THAT WILL SAY WALKETH YOU HERE< THIS IS THE WAY, WHEN I WANT TO TURN TO THE RIGHT OR TO THE LEFT.

This my friend I pray for you.... Lord, SHOW ME FRIEND THE WAY AND MAKE HIM COMPLETE WANTING NOTHING! AMEN!

C

carey

Hello, some of you out there know me but many others do not. I go by ServantsHeart on here, and as a child of 6 I was misdiagnosed as being hyper active or ADHD. The doctors at the time prescribed Ritalin for me; this is speed for a 6 year old. But I was later on at age 12, fallowing a major depression diagnosed properly as being bi polar. The Ritalin I took for 6 years made the bi-polar A LOT worse. After the hospital for around two months as a child, where they said I was the worst case of bi-polar and depression they had ever seen before, In LA. California! Upon getting out of the hospital I was placed in a special school for children with problems of all types. I was beat on daily, had desks and chair thrown at me, I was spit on at times, and had my head repetitively slammed into a school bus window. I have put on much weight, as the meds I am now on causes weight gain, and my thyroid is failing so I take meds for that now as well. I have high blood pressure and take meds for that. I also shake bad, so I take meds for that as well. I have had countless people attack my faith as well stating that if my faith was strong enough I would be well. I grew up having my father read me bible stories from my first memory as a babe. He later read me the Bible and Devotionals. Other trials my father passed away when I was 20 in a freak accident. My Grandmother died of Liver cancer when I was 6. My Grandfather missed her and died of a broken heart 6 months later. My uncle was also murdered by his girlfriend when I was 8. So yes I have dealt with a lot. It’s frustrating when you can’ trust your own emotions and your own thoughts betray you, been there to many times to count. Every time I go to the hospital the Lord is with me. When I go to the psych ward I take a sword, the word of God with me wherever I go! He has written his word upon the tables of my heart and mind. Whenever I face any thing I stand firm on the rock, for this house will stand firm!

1st Cor. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
[FONT=&quot]2nd Cor. 12:9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.[/FONT]

I thank God I am both weak and foolish he can use me (=! By that same measure, if we were all perfectly well not weak or foolish God would not use us so, are you who defend this stating our faith is to weak, God apparently doesn’t use you, I wonder whom does (Satan and his Demons)?

If I keep my eyes on Jesus I can walk on water…
ServantsHeart
Wow, what a testimony you have!
May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

Sep 13, 2012
God somehow comes through for me, it doesn't mean I'm rich by earthly standards, I live in an old falling down house and I barely get by most of the time, and I do worry, but somehow we make it, actually compared to lots of the rest of the world, I am rich, I have a roof over my head, I have an old car but it runs, i have a couple of old TVs and an old computer, and a lot of other stuff some would consider junk, but show what I have to someone in a grass hut somewhere who cant even get enough to eat, and I would be living in a mansion. , it's all perspective

Feb 17, 2010
Lost. I am the same. God said... Do you have food to eat, and are you clothed, DO NOT COMPLAIN YOU HAVE ENOUGH! Wow! I am filthy rich! Although my car is twelve years old, and my bakkie is even older. Bakkie is a light duty truck. And I live in a friends house for little rent. But myself, my wife and our four children did not need a pill in YEARS,. Healthy and well fed, clothed and blessed with God's grace and care. What more do I need? More people that wants the LORD in HIS FULNESS! Amen!