"YOU'VE BEEN WARNED......"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels, no stranger to making viral videos appealing to tough-on-crime politics, released a video Tuesday that said he will make “special deputies of every lawful gun owner in this county” if he feels the county is overwhelmed by protesters.

The three-minute video shows Daniels standing in front of 18 deputies as he derides civil rights protesters as godless disruptors and tells them to stay out of Clay County, a suburb of Jacksonville.

"If we can’t handle you, I’ll exercise the power and authority as the sheriff, and I’ll make special deputies of every lawful gun owner in this county and I’ll deputize them for this one purpose to stand in the gap between lawlessness and civility," he said.

"That’s what we’re sworn to do. That’s what we’re going to do. You’ve been warned."

(here)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ve-warned-florida-sheriff-says-180642419.html

S

Susanna

Well, I suppose this means we will see an increase of cases where lawful gunowners are getting killed by their own weapon☹️.

Confronting criminals are not for amateurs. I guess old D.D. is just doing this for the attention.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Well, I suppose this means we will see an increase of cases where lawful gunowners are getting killed by their own weapon☹️.

Confronting criminals are not for amateurs. I guess old D.D. is just doing this for the attention.
Ha, ha. Communists are cowards. I suspect this warning will simply mean the Commies avoid this county, and bring their troubles elsewhere. Even if some gunowners are killed by their own weapons as you claim, I'm sure they will take many more of the Communists with them. And where they're going, the Commies have every right to be afraid.

S

Susanna

Ha, ha. Communists are cowards. I suspect this warning will simply mean the Commies avoid this county, and bring their troubles elsewhere. Even if some gunowners are killed by their own weapons as you claim, I'm sure they will take many more of the Communists with them. And where they're going, the Commies have every right to be afraid.
If you say so.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

I understand your concerns, but, in my experience this is not always true. Gun owners not being responsible enough to confront a criminal. Shoot, that gives a whole bunch of credit for "smarts" to the criminals doesn't it?

Besides, there are thousands of Vets out there who are highly trained in the use of firearms, and fully capable of confronting a criminal without losing their cool or any such. I personally would have zero problem with doing so. I know the Law as well as the majority of Officers and even most Lawyers, and I can certainly handle a firearm without shooting myself.

Now, that does not mean I approve of his idea, and I think it's a publicity stunt also, BUT, if it continues down the road the way it's going with these riots and such, the day may be fast approaching when people WILL have to take up arms and defend themselves, their families and their properties. And that may include their neighbors and Church families as well. I have zero problem with doing that.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011

Right. Untrained people with firearms are a liability

S

Susanna

I understand your concerns, but, in my experience this is not always true. Gun owners not being responsible enough to confront a criminal. Shoot, that gives a whole bunch of credit for "smarts" to the criminals doesn't it?

Besides, there are thousands of Vets out there who are highly trained in the use of firearms, and fully capable of confronting a criminal without losing their cool or any such. I personally would have zero problem with doing so. I know the Law as well as the majority of Officers and even most Lawyers, and I can certainly handle a firearm without shooting myself.

Now, that does not mean I approve of his idea, and I think it's a publicity stunt also, BUT, if it continues down the road the way it's going with these riots and such, the day may be fast approaching when people WILL have to take up arms and defend themselves, their families and their properties. And that may include their neighbors and Church families as well. I have zero problem with doing that.
Some people are totally capable of handling a situation like that, but I don’t think the majority is ready for it.

Many criminals have no concerns about anything and even though it’s well known that people in a certain area are armed and willing to pull the trigger, they just don’t care. They are drug addicts, sociopaths, or just plain crazy. They don’t care about others nor themselves. They will kill for a quarter and cut people for a dime.

I have a feeling most people here have never encountered a criminal. Otherwise the approach would be different.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Some people are totally capable of handling a situation like that, but I don’t think the majority is ready for it.

Many criminals have no concerns about anything and even though it’s well known that people in a certain area are armed and willing to pull the trigger, they just don’t care. They are drug addicts, sociopaths, or just plain crazy. They don’t care about others nor themselves. They will kill for a quarter and cut people for a dime.

I have a feeling most people here have never encountered a criminal. Otherwise the approach would be different.
Most people here probably not, but the Membership here is not a reflection of the Citizenship at large IMO. Any Vet knows full well the mind set of gang bangers, drug addicts, and other criminals. Most Vets have dealt with life or death situations and had to make split second decisions on how best to respond.

There are a vast number of Vets out there in America today. I bet if one was to research how many Vets are in Clay County, Florida, they would probably number sufficient to provide the Sheriff with a sizable reinforcement of Deputies in the event of an emergency.

The Deputizing of citizens is not a new concept. There is a long History of this in the US, and the Constitution provides language to support the doing so as Legal.

I still think it is a publicity stunt, BUT I also think it may well become a reality. I probably won't live to see it, but there are those here who may well live to see it, and a few who may well end up being a part of it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
are they gonna start issuing bullet proof vests along with masks now. arent lawful gun owners also protesting as well? Or is the divide actually clear as mud.

hmm gun owners vs someone unarmed with a placard. what about the gun owners WITH a placard.

In nz the protesters used flour bombs from a low flying plane, and everyone just got coated in white flour. if its starts to rain, everyone will just get all sticky, but they will all be white.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
that was back in 1981 though when springbox toured nz. It was done after a rugby match.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
are they gonna start issuing bullet proof vests along with masks now. arent lawful gun owners also protesting as well? Or is the divide actually clear as mud.

hmm gun owners vs someone unarmed with a placard. what about the gun owners WITH a placard.

In nz the protesters used flour bombs from a low flying plane, and everyone just got coated in white flour. if its starts to rain, everyone will just get all sticky, but they will all be white.
You ARE AWARE that there were people shot and killed by some of the protesters in Seattle right? In every crowd of protesters there ARE guns and other weapons being carried by the protesters and they will not hesitate to use them against the Police or other citizens...........

Feb 28, 2016
Most people here probably not, but the Membership here is not a reflection of the Citizenship at large IMO. Any Vet knows full well the mind set of gang bangers, drug addicts, and other criminals. Most Vets have dealt with life or death situations and had to make split second decisions on how best to respond.

There are a vast number of Vets out there in America today. I bet if one was to research how many Vets are in Clay County, Florida, they would probably number sufficient to provide the Sheriff with a sizable reinforcement of Deputies in the event of an emergency.

The Deputizing of citizens is not a new concept. There is a long History of this in the US, and the Constitution provides language to support the doing so as Legal
==========================================
this isn't a 'stunt', PR.
we are very familiar with this kind of thinking as we live in the area - citizens here are armed and ready to defend
their families, property, and their neighbors, etc.
if anyone starts to 'loot or burn' here, their lives will be in peril, it won't be tolerated...

"I still think it is a publicity stunt"