Zerubbabel - The Foundation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Thoughts?

JPS Tanakh 1917

1And the angel that spoke with me returned, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep. 2And he said unto me: ‘What seest thou?’ And I said: ‘I have seen, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and its seven lamps thereon; there are seven pipes, yea, seven, to the lamps, which are upon the top thereof; 3and two olive-trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.’ 4And I answered and spoke to the angel that spoke with me, saying: ‘What are these, my lord?’ 5Then the angel that spoke with me answered and said unto me: ‘Knowest thou not what these are?’ And I said: ‘No, my lord.’ 6Then he answered and spoke unto me, saying:

This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying: Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. 7Who art thou, O great mountain before Zerubbabel? thou shalt become a plain; and he shall bring forth the top stone with shoutings of

Grace, grace, unto it.’

8Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying: 9

The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. 10For who hath despised the day of small things? even they shall see with joy the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel, even these seven, which are the eyes of the LORD, that run to and fro through the whole earth.’

11Then answered I, and said unto him: ‘What are these two olive-trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?’ 12And I answered the second time, and said unto him: ‘What are these two olive branches, which are beside the two golden spouts, that empty the golden oil out of themselves?’ 13And he answered me and said: ‘Knowest thou not what these are?’ And I said: ‘No, my lord.’ 14Then said he: ‘These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.’

Apr 5, 2020
Jesus, or Yeshua (Eshu-Aramaic) describes this same picture by claiming He was standing in the midst of the 7 candlestick with 7 lamps to John in Revelation. I love how either the Torah/Tanakh describes something of value and later reaffirmed in the New Covenant/Testament.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
13And he answered me and said: ‘Knowest thou not what these are?’ And I said: ‘No, my lord.’ 14Then said he: ‘These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.’
Well, if one didn't know what they were before they read verse 14 then I wonder how many will think they know after reading verse 14.

I know it has been written that the Pharaoh had the wise men on one side and the sorcerers on the other and they say that the Pope has the scientist and the priest are his two magic makers. the Pope, also know as the King of Great is the Lord of the whole earth, which includes every inch of space that is in existence from the beginning of the world, but I don't know what the scripture quoted means.

I did find this scripture, And within the oracle he made two cherubims of olive tree, each ten cubits high.1 Kings 6:23

Wonder why Pharaoh didn't cast his rod down when Aaron cast down his rod, oh yeah that's why. But it was interesting that the wise men and sorcerers were called magicians after the rod cast down at Pharaoh's feet became a serpent. Interesting that magicians is plural meaning two or more, but if it had said the wise men and the sorcerers then that would mean at least four. But there are only two cheribums of the olive tree..

"....the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods." Ex 7:11-12

This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying: Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. 7Who art thou, O great mountain before Zerubbabel? thou shalt become a plain; and he shall bring forth the top stone with shoutings of

Grace, grace, unto it.’
8Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying: 9

The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. 10For who hath despised the day of small things? even they shall see with joy the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel, even these seven, which are the eyes of the LORD, that run to and fro through the whole earth.’
Geez, didn't Zerabubba know that unless the LORD builds that house that he labors in vain? I wonder if he built
that house on the rock or on sand.

Ps 127:1 Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it:

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Well, if one didn't know what they were before they read verse 14 then I wonder how many will think they know after reading verse 14.

I know it has been written that the Pharaoh had the wise men on one side and the sorcerers on the other and they say that the Pope has the scientist and the priest are his two magic makers. the Pope, also know as the King of Great is the Lord of the whole earth, which includes every inch of space that is in existence from the beginning of the world, but I don't know what the scripture quoted means.

I did find this scripture, And within the oracle he made two cherubims of olive tree, each ten cubits high.1 Kings 6:23

Wonder why Pharaoh didn't cast his rod down when Aaron cast down his rod, oh yeah that's why. But it was interesting that the wise men and sorcerers were called magicians after the rod cast down at Pharaoh's feet became a serpent. Interesting that magicians is plural meaning two or more, but if it had said the wise men and the sorcerers then that would mean at least four. But there are only two cheribums of the olive tree..

"....the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods." Ex 7:11-12

Geez, didn't Zerabubba know that unless the LORD builds that house that he labors in vain? I wonder if he built
that house on the rock or on sand.

Ps 127:1 Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it:
Did you think this was about Zerubabbel? Did you think GOD was ultimately talking about Zerubabbel?

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Thoughts?

JPS Tanakh 1917

1And the angel that spoke with me returned, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep. 2And he said unto me: ‘What seest thou?’ And I said: ‘I have seen, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and its seven lamps thereon; there are seven pipes, yea, seven, to the lamps, which are upon the top thereof; 3and two olive-trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.’ 4And I answered and spoke to the angel that spoke with me, saying: ‘What are these, my lord?’ 5Then the angel that spoke with me answered and said unto me: ‘Knowest thou not what these are?’ And I said: ‘No, my lord.’ 6Then he answered and spoke unto me, saying:

Grace, grace, unto it.’8Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying: 9

11Then answered I, and said unto him: ‘What are these two olive-trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?’ 12And I answered the second time, and said unto him: ‘What are these two olive branches, which are beside the two golden spouts, that empty the golden oil out of themselves?’ 13And he answered me and said: ‘Knowest thou not what these are?’ And I said: ‘No, my lord.’ 14Then said he: ‘These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.’
One way Zerubbabel is a picture of Jesus is how he built the temple of God from beginning to end. He's building it by his Spirit. Praise you Lord Jesus!