Zimmerman Trial....divisive or definitive?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
well, this is only one more example of how difficult it is to have our media reporting details, opinions and quasi-evidence that is not allowed inside the courtroom. we as the public will always have more information (that is likely peppered with opinion and unproven facts) that will never see the inside of that courtroom. as it goes, the jury is only allowed to rule on their evidence and not what we are subject to.

it's the same thing as the casey anthony trial, minus the race lines.

i think fault was on both sides. once i listened in full to the 911 operator have to tell zimmerman what seemed like a dozen times to cease and desist, i have to ask myself, what kind of guy goes around following someone with a gun in a major city because he's concerned about the potential of property theft AFTER he's been told multiple times to STOP following him.

it's clear martin didn't have a sparkling reputation either. this trial seemed to show that there was potential for fault on both sides, but the burden of proof lies with the state, not with the defense.

additionally, i can't help but think zimmerman's nature has been further revealed by his multiple infractions/interactions with the law following his acquittal. i've known more than a couple guys who carry and own guns because they like to feel powerful.

well, this is only one more example of how difficult it is to have our media reporting details, opinions and quasi-evidence that is not allowed inside the courtroom. we as the public will always have more information (that is likely peppered with opinion and unproven facts) that will never see the inside of that courtroom. as it goes, the jury is only allowed to rule on their evidence and not what we are subject to.

i think fault was on both sides. once i listened in full to the 911 operator have to tell zimmerman what seemed like a dozen times to cease and desist, i have to ask myself, what kind of guy goes around following someone with a gun in a major city (with plenty of people around him) because he's concerned about the potential of property theft AFTER he's been told multiple times to STOP following him.

it's clear martin didn't have a sparkling reputation either. this trial seemed to show that there was potential for fault on both sides, but the burden of proof lies with the state, not with the defense.

additionally, i can't help but think zimmerman's nature has been further revealed by his multiple infractions/interactions with the law following his acquittal. i've known more than a couple guys who carry and own guns because they like to feel powerful. zimmerman is no more a posterchild than martin.

except martin is dead. i was raised in montana where they educate you to be aware of the fact that you are responsible for every bullet that is discharged from your gun, including the accidents.

Last edited:
B

biscuit

i think fault was on both sides. once i listened in full to the 911 operator have to tell zimmerman what seemed like a dozen times to cease and desist, i have to ask myself, what kind of guy goes around following someone with a gun in a major city because he's concerned about the potential of property theft AFTER he's been told multiple times to STOP following him.

additionally, i can't help but think zimmerman's nature has been further revealed by his multiple infractions/interactions with the law following his acquittal. i've known more than a couple guys who carry and own guns because they like to feel powerful.

i think fault was on both sides. once i listened in full to the 911 operator have to tell zimmerman what seemed like a dozen times to cease and desist, i have to ask myself, what kind of guy goes around following someone with a gun in a major city (with plenty of people around him) because he's concerned about the potential of property theft AFTER he's been told multiple times to STOP following him.

additionally, i can't help but think zimmerman's nature has been further revealed by his multiple infractions/interactions with the law following his acquittal. i've known more than a couple guys who carry and own guns because they like to feel powerful. zimmerman is no more a posterchild than martin.

except martin is dead. i was raised in montana where they educate you to be aware of the fact that you are responsible for every bullet that is discharged from your gun, including the accidents.
"Where there is no vision, the people perish." (Proverb 29:18)

A

AgeofKnowledge

Mar 1, 2012
I keep going back to the facts of the trial. There was no evidence to convict Zimmerman not because it was not allowed, but because, there was none.

There wasn't enough to arrest him let alone win a case against him.

Zimmerman is either the worst at fortune or the best. The worst because he seems to fall into a lot of trouble, and the best because charges against him never stick.

The race issue was manufactured. It never existed.

The 9/11 calls were addressed at trial. The facts at trial showed that Martin was stalking Zimmerman not the other way around.

If Zimmerman would not have had a gun, he would be dead, another black kid in jail and no national attention at all.

A

AgeofKnowledge

LOL. Get this. George Zimmerman went in for anger management counseling after his November 18, 2013 arrest (all charges for that arrest were later dropped) and as he had previously attempted a patriotic painting (which he was able to sell on eBay to one of his supporters for $100,099.99) the therapist thought painting would be a good therapy for him. So far so good right?

So he took her advice and applied himself to another painting. The unveiling; however, showed the face of the special prosecutor responsible for charging him with second-degree murder in a very unflattering light. Time magazine reported that, "Art world watchers are not amused."

George Zimmerman’s latest painting shows special prosecutor Angela Corey - NY Daily News

A

AgeofKnowledge

George Zimmerman is the gift that just keeps on giving... lolol.

Dec 21, 2012
The race issue was manufactured. It never existed.

... would be dead, another black kid in jail and no national attention at all.
If the race issue was manufactured, I wonder why then you take the trouble to specify someone's race.

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
This'll probably get lost among the comments, but I think Zimmerman is guilty and should be in prison.

I don't believe he was in any danger.
He was not protecting his space/apartment/house; he was following Travon throughout the complex.
911 told Zimmerman to back off and let the police handle this situation; he disregarded the request.
Zimmerman had a history of hunting and pursuing those he deemed suspicious.
Since the trial, he has continued the unstable behaviors.
Zimmerman should not be allowed to have guns....knives and other weapons either, probably.

I think law abiding stable people should be allowed to have guns. I lean conservative, but I am not a tea partier, however. I did not vote for Obama. I think having a gun should be a privilege and not an automatic right. If you are not able to handle one, either physically or mentally, I am not sure you should have a gun of any kind. I think too many gun owners are over confident in their abilities to handle a gun under pressure and not shoot any innocents. :cool:

A

AgeofKnowledge

NOLATAC Firearms Training is a firearms and defensive training organization which specializes in personal protection, small arms instruction, product testing and evaluation, security consulting, and home and personal safety audits with experience in law enforcement, military, and private security contracting who provide tactical and defensive training to all those who want to learn.

Here's their video on the events immediately leading up to the confrontation between George and Trayvon:

[video=youtube_share;gf39_rBRXQA]http://youtu.be/gf39_rBRXQA[/video]

Mar 1, 2012
This'll probably get lost among the comments, but I think Zimmerman is guilty and should be in prison.

I don't believe he was in any danger.
He was not protecting his space/apartment/house; he was following Travon throughout the complex.
911 told Zimmerman to back off and let the police handle this situation; he disregarded the request.
Zimmerman had a history of hunting and pursuing those he deemed suspicious.
Since the trial, he has continued the unstable behaviors.
Zimmerman should not be allowed to have guns....knives and other weapons either, probably.

I think law abiding stable people should be allowed to have guns. I lean conservative, but I am not a tea partier, however. I did not vote for Obama. I think having a gun should be a privilege and not an automatic right. If you are not able to handle one, either physically or mentally, I am not sure you should have a gun of any kind. I think too many gun owners are over confident in their abilities to handle a gun under pressure and not shoot any innocents. :cool:
The evidence given at trial showed Martin stalked Zimmerman.

The post trial events of Zimmerman's life have all gone away, seems no one really wants to prosecute, what have been claims by ex-wives and gf's.

Zimmerman was having his head beat upon a curb when he shot Martin. Guess thats not reason enough to protect oneself, to some people.

It was proven in court that 9/11 calls because of lawsuit liabilities give this advice routinely. For them to encourage any action by Zimmerman would have held them accountable for any action he may have taken.

But why go on facts in trial? Just go on innuendo.

I mentioned Martin's race because if Martin was anything else but black, this would not have been news, or if Zimmerman was black this would not have been news. Given the atmosphere of the anti-gun agendas and the racial tensions promoited by the left, this case became huge BECAUSE of the races involved.

While, once again from the facts at trial, there was no evidence of racism from Zimmerman at this incident, there were recorded, I think a phone conversation, by Martin calling Zimmerman racial epitaphs.

Also, as has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, there has been a ton of black on white vi\olence in this country without the fanfare of the Zimmerman trial....another reason why I mentioned Martin's color...

and....another black kid in jail alludes to the high percentage of black youths in jail today.

Nice try to make me a racist. Too bad it wasn't even a good try.

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
Excuse me.....in no way did I say or even imply you are a racist. How in the world did you come to that conclusion based on what I said? I don't care what race either of these 2 people are. You're the one who brought up race.

A

AgeofKnowledge

He misread that into what you said SparkleEyes because so many others have tried to make him out to be a racist for holding to his position regarding the facts of the case instead of marching to the tune of the liberal media. That only shows that he has integrity. He's not a racist and you never called him a racist. Moving along...

Excuse me.....in no way did I say or even imply you are a racist. How in the world did you come to that conclusion based on what I said? I don't care what race either of these 2 people are. You're the one who brought up race.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
The evidence given at trial showed Martin stalked Zimmerman.

The post trial events of Zimmerman's life have all gone away, seems no one really wants to prosecute, what have been claims by ex-wives and gf's.

Zimmerman was having his head beat upon a curb when he shot Martin. Guess thats not reason enough to protect oneself, to some people.

It was proven in court that 9/11 calls because of lawsuit liabilities give this advice routinely. For them to encourage any action by Zimmerman would have held them accountable for any action he may have taken.

But why go on facts in trial? Just go on innuendo.

I mentioned Martin's race because if Martin was anything else but black, this would not have been news, or if Zimmerman was black this would not have been news. Given the atmosphere of the anti-gun agendas and the racial tensions promoited by the left, this case became huge BECAUSE of the races involved.

While, once again from the facts at trial, there was no evidence of racism from Zimmerman at this incident, there were recorded, I think a phone conversation, by Martin calling Zimmerman racial epitaphs.

Also, as has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, there has been a ton of black on white vi\olence in this country without the fanfare of the Zimmerman trial....another reason why I mentioned Martin's color...

and....another black kid in jail alludes to the high percentage of black youths in jail today.

so they made it about race assuming most of america cared about some random crime in florida between a hispanic and a black guy? Ive never been more annoyed by something that didnt affect me before in my life.

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
He misread that into what you said SparkleEyes because so many others have tried to make him out to be a racist for holding to his position regarding the facts of the case instead of marching to the tune of the liberal media. That only shows that he has integrity. He's not a racist and you never called him a racist. Moving along...
Thanks, AgeofKnowledge. I appreciate the validation that my words were not unkind. :cool:

Mar 1, 2012
I was not clear in my previous post Sparkledeyes. I was addressing Praus....

''If the race issue was manufactured, I wonder why then you take the trouble to specify someone's race.''

Dec 21, 2012
I was not clear in my previous post Sparkledeyes. I was addressing Praus....

''If the race issue was manufactured, I wonder why then you take the trouble to specify someone's race.''
Oh, silly, I wasn't trying to make you a racist--I certainly don't think you're any more racist than the average Floridan.

Really, that's how we as men think then it's no wonder that feminazis want to send us all to the moon.

Mar 1, 2012
With the aftermath of Sandyhook and the call for more gun control, with a black youth being shot by a non-black, it was too hot for the liberals not to use.

Remember the rule for radicals, never let a crisis go to waste.

Thats why this incident went to trial, political pressure. The police chief would not arrest because of a lack of evidence and when the DA did arrest, probably due to political pressures, she hid evidence from the defense team, which is against the law.

The evidence at trial proved Zimmerman's innocence but its amazing the slant and racial tensions this trial still produces.

It just proves the liberal mindset, emotion over substance. The actual facts never suggested that Zimmerman was at fault for this unfortunate circumstance

No he should not have had a gun....but he would be dead without it.

He was on neighborhood watch, doing what he volunteered to do.

If there was any racism it was on Martin's side.

At autopsy Martin had an intoxicant in his liver, which suggests long term use, that he bought two of the three ingredients at the store before this altercation. An intoxicant that has a tendency to being out violent behaviors.

Martin trained for MMA.

Martin had the choice to go one hundred yards home, or 40 yards to Zimmerman...he went to Zimmerman and it took 4 minutes for him to cover that distance. That suggest stalking

Worst yet, of all the things this trial exposed it was the outright racism of the liberal media. Portraying Martin in pictures as a 12 yr old innocent boy in a white pristine hoodie. The suggestion of race came from them, when the 911 tapes were doctored to suggest Zimmerman said racial slurs.

Remember that? Of course not.

So the bottom line here is, the liberal media are race baiters. In fact I will go further....without racism liberalism has no political power.

This was a tragedy, probably avoided if there wasn't so much hatred spread by the media and liberal ideologs to the african american populace who traditionally votes 90% democrat.

This is what the Zimmerman trial proved without a doubt. Liberalism could care less about a young man who died tragically and more about their agendas and bigotry.