Can we be saved in all three tenses ? Past, present, and future.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chuckt

Yes we can stop sinning because sin is rooted in a defiled heart. Jesus is able to purify your heart whereby the love of God is shed within. Then it is out of love that we walk in victory over sin.

Sure we may fall short in ignorance, but ignorance is not rooted in a wicked heart. Thus the sins of the flesh, ie. unjust anger, tempers, immorality, lust, selfishness all cease. We instead walk by a faith that works by love and love works no ill. That is what the Bible teaches.

Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Many people simply do not want to believe such because they refuse to forsake their sin. They refuse to crucify their old man in repentance, thus the old man (man of rebellion) still lives. The old man has to die once and for all in repentance whereby we may be raised up to newness of life as servants of righteousness.

Remember Jesus taught of the grain of wheat which must die in order to bear fruit. That is about us. If we lose our lives we will save them, if we save our lives we will lose them. We have to die to sin in repentance whereby we escape the corruption that is in the world through lust.
There is the sin of omission and commission.
There is the sin of ignorance.
You are in the flesh and the law is spiritual.

Romans 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Romans 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Can you come to the realization that the law which you think is ordaining unto life is really to be used by God to put you to death by God alone?

iwant2serve

Apr 12, 2009
Why does it become hard to believe that one can walk away from the faith? There are plenty of scriptures that support how dangerous it is to walk away and stop believing. The story of the prodigal son the Dad said My son who was dead is alive. 2 Peter 2:22-23, Matt. 7:19-23, Luke 12:45-46, John 15:1-6 and many others.

C

Chuckt

Why does it become hard to believe that one can walk away from the faith? There are plenty of scriptures that support how dangerous it is to walk away and stop believing. The story of the prodigal son the Dad said My son who was dead is alive. 2 Peter 2:22-23, Matt. 7:19-23, Luke 12:45-46, John 15:1-6 and many others.
The question is whether they were actually a Christian if they walked away. If they are a Christian, their nature has changed and would hate darkness and would walk away from the world.

The prodigal came back and if they belong to God, I believe God will bring them back because they are God's property if they ever were saved.