Christian Truth or Antichrist Deception?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
well sis,
i guess it's where you put the emphaSIS,
Romans 11
28As regards the gospel, they are enemies of God for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. 29For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, 31so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy. 32For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.
hehehe Bro. Crossnote Rosenblatster.
right.
as regards the election: the remnant, as we know, was preserved.
by grace.

and His promises to save a remnant was and is a gift, and is irrevocable.

Joel 2:32
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Romans 9:27
Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea, only the remnant will be saved

Jan 19, 2013
If by "Jew" you mean Judaism, than that is not really true when a Jew receives Jesus the Christ.

He is no longer under the Sinaitic (Old) Covenant with its curses for imperfect obedience, which has been abolished (Heb 8:13),
but is under a New Covenant made in the blood of Jesus the Christ, its mediator.

He is no longer under the Mosaic ceremonial laws of Leviticus regarding clean and unclean food, persons, houses (Lev 11-15).

There is no Day of Atonement (Lev 16) for him, because full and complete atonement has now been permanently made for his sin.

The Feasts of the Law are all now fulfilled for him in Christ, their realtiy, of which they were only shadows (Heb 10:1; Col 2:17).

He is no longer under the Mosaic Law, but is under the Law of Christ (1Co 9:20-21; Gal 6:2)), which is the royal law of love (Jas 2:8; Gal 5:6) and which fulfills (performs) the Law (Ro 13: 8, 9, 10), because

if I love God, I will not take his name in vain, nor worship idols;
if I love my parents, I will honor them;
if I love my neighbors, I will not steal from them, murder them, commit adultery with their spouses,
nor lust after their possessions.

So love fulfills (performs) the law.

Like the Muslim, the Jew also makes a lot of changes when he comes to Jesus the Christ.
I know Heb 7 covers all that, I am speaking of the promises made to Abraham and his seed to be received by faith.
So what is the connection between the promises made to Abraham and Jews remaining Jews when they receive their Messiah today?

Jan 19, 2013
The Mosaic covenant was just temporary but the promises to Abraham were permanent.
There were two covenants with Abraham, the first was the unconditional land grant (Ge 15:9-21), which has been fullfilled: in possession of the land by Joshua (Josh 21:43-45), and occupation of the land by Solomon (1Kgs 4:21, 24-25).

The second was the conditional promise to be Abraham's God and the God of his seed (Ge 17).
The condition of the covenant was consecration to God, and its sign was circumcision, which symbolized a self-maledictory oath, or cutting of a covenant, as in Ge 15:18.

However, we learn in Gal 3:16: "The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say 'and to his seeds,' meaning many people, but 'and to your seed,' meaning one person, who is Christ."

So the promises to Abraham are now shut up in Christ (2Co 1:20,) and do not come by descent from Abraham.

Gentiles and Jews are now on the same footing with God, and in regard to the promises to Abraham; i.e., faith in Jesus Christ.

The permanent promises to Abraham now come to all only through faith in Jesus Christ.

U

unclefester

So let's not get caught up in these anti-Israel rhetorics politically and share the gospel to both Jews & muslims while supporting Israel because there is an active bigotry being pushed in the world in the here & now to wipe out Israel.
Supply money and armaments .... while not getting caught up politically .... over a land promise from God fulfilled long ago .... whose conditions of maintaining such promise were NOT MET to whom it was given. Gotcha. Neverthemind Enow. Everything's going according to God's plan regardless. And a part of that plan is the great deception. I harbour no bigotry towards modern day Israel nor the Palestinians that were ousted by them. This problem won't go away. And there will be no "secret rapture" to save us from it's ensured calamity. Christ came once to die for us ... and He returns only once to bring us unto Himself. I'm good with that :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
So what is the connection between the promises made to Abraham and Jews remaining Jews when they receive their Messiah today?
the promises to Abraham are the connection .

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I harbour no bigotry towards modern day Israel nor the Palestinians that were ousted by them. This problem won't go away.
Actually the Palestinians are those Arabs wwho while living in Israel were called out to leave because the Arab nations were planning to attack.The Israelis offered them to stay...they chose to leave and the attack failed.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Actually the Palestinians are those Arabs wwho while living in Israel were called out to leave because the Arab nations were planning to attack.The Israelis offered them to stay...they chose to leave and the attack failed.
who told you dat?:cool:

Jan 19, 2013
Elin said:
What is the connection between the promises to Abraham and Jews remaining Jews when they come to Christ?
the promises to Abraham are the connection .
Okay, the object of the question does not answer the question.

Help me out here.

W

webchatter

As Christians await the 2nd coming of our Messiah, Jews & Muslims also await their Messiah & madaheim (spelling?). Hence, the one world leader or false prophet, will be the expected Messiah for all 3 of these religions. The majority of the world will believe him.

Jan 19, 2013
the promises to Abraham are the connection.
Okay, the object of the question does not answer the question,

"What is the connection between the promises to Abraham and Jews remaining Jews when they come to Christ?"

Help me out here.
Since all the promises to Abraham are locked up in Christ (Gal 3:16; 2Co 1:20),
who is the "Ruler/King to come" of both Gentiles and Jews,
the enthnicity of everyone remains the same when they come to the Christ, not just that of the Jews.

So there is no difference between a Jew coming to the Christ, or a Gentile coming to the Christ.
Again, all are on the same ground and footing regarding the Christ.

Last edited:
C

Crossfire

I believe you are referring to Ezekiel 38

38 The word of the Lord came to me:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]“Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of[SUP][a][/SUP] Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him[SUP]3 [/SUP]and say: ‘This is what the SovereignLord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of[SUP][b][/SUP] Meshek and Tubal.[SUP]4 [/SUP]I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords.[SUP]5 [/SUP]Persia, Cush[SUP][c][/SUP] and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets,[SUP]6 [/SUP]also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.
What I find really odd about the Amillennial eschatology, especially that which many in the forums are promoting, is that according to scripture the Antichrist and his world order come before the millennium begins. Christ returns to earth to deal with the Antichrist and his order at Armageddon and both the Antichrist and his false prophet are cast into the lake of fire. However, Satan is bound throughout the millennium only to be released at the end of the millennium for short period of time which when the battle of Gog and Magog is supposed to take place.

Amillennialism, however, teaches something completely different from the Bible itself. Amillenialism teaches that we are currently residing in the millennium. If that is true then according to scripture the Antichrist and his world order should have already come. Most Amillennials teach that the Antichrist was one of the first century Roman emperors (although they can't seem to agree on which seeing as not a single emperor has fulfilled all of the prophecies concerning the one Antichrist although it could be argued that certain emperors fulfilled separate prophecies) and that his world order was the Roman Empire itself, which is mildly believable. If this perspective is indeed true then the next event to occur on the prophetic calendar is the battle of Gog and Magog then the great white throne judgement.

However, it seems that the Amillennials on these forums are teaching that the Antichrist and his world order is yet to come which is completely inconsistant with the scriptures. Not only that, they insist that the Antichrist will be a Jew and that his order will be the enforcement of the Noahide laws world wide, a view which also contradicts scriptures. In fact the scriptured state just the opposite, that the Jews will return to Israel from the four corners of the earth not sent out to the four corners of the earth.

The form of Amillennialism that is being taught on these forums seems to be a bit antisemetic which would indicate it is is Lutheran in origin seeing as Luther himself publically acknowledged great disdain for the Jewish people in his latter years.