Do men want women to take the initive when approaching relationships?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
After having pursued 3 times, I don't mind being pursued for once. In fact, I may enjoy that surprise. :p

I think there are a few ladies here who don't mind pursuing men. For instance, seoulsearch and PopClick, have basements where ....

Oops, I shouldn't have mentioned that.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
After having pursued 3 times, I don't mind being pursued for once. In fact, I may enjoy that surprise. :p

I think there are a few ladies here who don't mind pursuing men. For instance, seoulsearch and PopClick, have basements where ....

*shakes head*

Roh, Roh, I don't give away your secrets... so you can't tell people mine. :p

Besides... My basement is very plush. Top of the line. I've never heard a single complaint from any of my prisoners--er... guests. :)

S

sydlit

*shakes head*

Besides... My basement is very plush. Top of the line. I've never heard a single complaint from any of my prisoners--er... guests. :)
Hah! I KNEW it! Don't worry, your secrets safe with me.
Just promise to hurt me. No wait! NOT...promise NOT to hurt me.:p:)

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
*shakes head*

Ooopsss, it was a tlip of the songue. My bad, Kim. :p

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Do you kiss your mama with that mouth???!!!
Yes.

I don't bite my fingernails. I shower once a day with or without a girlfriend.

I was making a point, dearest Kim. Lol, you know how l post. I dont mind doing most of what l wrote, nor do l even feel l have to do those things.Men are expected to do a lot in a relationship....and leading up to one, is all l was joking about.

If we fall short....we stink. (So, thats why l shower once a day)

Out of curiosity, what is expected from the other side?

We have lists too. :)

Last edited:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Yes.

I don't bite my fingernails. I shower once a day with or without a girlfriend.

I was making a point, dearest Kim. Lol, you know how l post. I dont mind doing most of what l wrote, nor do l even feel l have to do those things.Men are expected to do a lot in a relationship....and leading up to one, is all l was joking about.

If we fall short....we stink. (So, thats why l shower once a day)

Out of curiosity, what is expected from the other side?

We have lists too. :)
Yes, Reborn, I know you were joking... As was I.

You definitely seem like the "I believe in hygiene even if I don't have a girlfriend" type. :eek:

As for the list of things we women have to do while in a relationship with a man...

Hey, have I mentioned I'm single??!!! :cool: (Sure, it can be the pits but there are many days I also enjoy the simplicity!) :D

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Yes, Reborn, I know you were joking... As was I.

You definitely seem like the "I believe in hygiene even if I don't have a girlfriend" type. :eek:

As for the list of things we women have to do while in a relationship with a man...

Hey, have I mentioned I'm single??!!! :cool: (Sure, it can be the pits but there are many days I also enjoy the simplicity!) :D
I was joking about your joke.
You're not single, are you?

Btw, thanks for believing that l shower regularly....that means a lot to me.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011

That was Vivian's idea. She's the crazy one. I just smile and nod... and blame all of the illegal activities on my inanimate dressform.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I was joking about your joke.
You're not single, are you?

Btw, thanks for believing that l shower regularly....that means a lot to me.
That's only because I'm guessing it rains a lot where you live... :p

As for me being single, you caught me.

I spend an extensive amount of time with You.

As in, YouTube. But, I wouldn't say it's serious or anything... (I just always have videos running as background noise. That, and several sermon series from my church.)

It CAN get pretty romantic though. When You and I have dinner together, I sometimes even have candles burning.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
That's only because I'm guessing it rains a lot where you live... :p

As for me being single, you caught me.

I spend an extensive amount of time with You.

As in, YouTube. But, I wouldn't say it's serious or anything... (I just always have videos running as background noise. That, and several sermon series from my church.)

It CAN get pretty romantic though. When You and I have dinner together, I sometimes even have candles burning.
It doesn't rain much in Las Vegas.
We have running water though.

You and l can have dinner as buddies one day?
I have to warn you, l talk with my mouth full of food, l will grab food off your plate, dominate the conversation, and my imaginary friend has to be able to come too, meaning, we have to order him fries or he gets cranky....

......other than that, it should be a pleasant dinner date?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
It doesn't rain much in Las Vegas.
We have running water though.

You and l can have dinner as buddies one day?
I have to warn you, l talk with my mouth full of food, l will grab food off your plate, dominate the conversation, and my imaginary friend has to be able to come too, meaning, we have to order him fries or he gets cranky....

......other than that, it should be a pleasant dinner date?
That doesn't sound like a dinner date, Reborn.

That sounds like a viral sensation!!!!

I'm guessing 1,293,651 views, at least.

Fortunately for you, I don't have an imaginary friend. All that food I order... will be for me. And, be warned. If you try to steal food off my plate, I fight back.

And, I may or may not bite.

K

kenthomas27

That was Vivian's idea. She's the crazy one. I just smile and nod... and blame all of the illegal activities on my inanimate dressform.
'Yes. Of course. It's the dress form.....isn't it?'(nervously tapping fingers like the sound of plastic on ice...)

'of course it's Vivian" he thinks out loud as a dry scoff leaves his throat involuntarily. "it's always Vivian" he laughs his joyless laugh.."always Vivian'.....

It was a year ago the jangling of chains and muffling of fabric heralded Vivian at his porch door. The knocking....the incessant knocking.....

"yes. let's blame it allllllll on Vivian.... Shall we?"

'then look at me,,,,,my little dress form friend.....look at what you've done'

Hal1.jpg

call me.

A

AgnusDei

Oh dear!

Oh dear!

Oh my Hirthiknutsigeekst!

S

sydlit

Oh dear!

Oh dear!

Oh my Hirthiknutsigeekst!
Well that explains SOME things, but how do we determine which ones are geeks, and which ones are just nuts? And vice-versa.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
'Yes. Of course. It's the dress form.....isn't it?'(nervously tapping fingers like the sound of plastic on ice...)

'of course it's Vivian" he thinks out loud as a dry scoff leaves his throat involuntarily. "it's always Vivian" he laughs his joyless laugh.."always Vivian'.....

It was a year ago the jangling of chains and muffling of fabric heralded Vivian at his porch door. The knocking....the incessant knocking.....

"yes. let's blame it allllllll on Vivian.... Shall we?"

'then look at me,,,,,my little dress form friend.....look at what you've done'

View attachment 138577

call me.
P1310266 (2).jpg
TRICK OR TREAT
SMELL MY FEET

OH WAIT, I DON'T HAVE FEET
...CAN I HAVE YOURS?

V

VioletReigns

At my age I don't think men and women care who takes the initiative. Most of us older folks "been there, done that" and have other more important things to consider at this late stage of the game. :eek:

S

sydlit

At my age I don't think men and women care who takes the initiative. Most of us older folks "been there, done that" and have other more important things to consider at this late stage of the game. :eek:
Hi, Violet. I hit 'like', but I wish I could agree. I agree that there are other important things to consider, and I'm in that 'late stage of the game', but the 'been there, done that?.....um......no, not so much.:(
So at this stage, someone else will probably have to take the initiative, if it's to ever happen at all...I'm too often misunderstood.

Nov 25, 2014
So at this stage, someone else will probably have to take the initiative, if it's to ever happen at all...I'm too often misunderstood.
No kidding! I feel for men. What happened to the good-ole-days when men could make their pitch and receive a polite, "no, thank you," if a woman wasn't interested. Now, TONS of women act like a man is creepy for just making a pitch...of course, these are likely the same women who complain about how chivalry is dead, or how there are no more real men left in the world.

I give props to anyone, male or female, taking the initiative. You really have to gird your loins before entering the arena today.