dominations and a few questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
op of @Novawin87: dominations (denominations?) and questions...
I personally have been out of them for 31 years now - no regrets.
My advice to you is not to depend on a denominational or non-denominational church but on the Bible. Read it, study it. and do your best to understand it.
Denominations are usually quite dogmatic in a rather inflexible way.
CorrectiveLens and Runningman are correct and running the "GRACE race" for Jesus.
I would also add these Bible study Rules to help with "the understanding" of It.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged and Edified in your own "GRACE race" for Him!

GRACE And Peace...

op of @Novawin87: dominations (denominations?) and questions...
I personally have been out of them for 31 years now - no regrets.

CorrectiveLens and Runningman are correct and running the "GRACE race" for Jesus.
I would also add these Bible study Rules to help with "the understanding" of It.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged and Edified in your own "GRACE race" for Him!

GRACE And Peace...
thank you :)

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
I saw a post earlier about dominations and it made me think cause I don't have one I say I'm a follower of Christ or Jesus but I'm not Catholic or Pentecostal or Baptist i believe we are saved by grace through faith “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8–9). I believe Jesus is God he came in the flesh lived a perfect life died for our sins , rose and appeared again and is going to come again i also believe we live for him as his followers sharing the gospel and
“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. Matthew 16:24 i believe living a life for Christ is so important and having him guide us through prayer and the bible to lead a life not of this world but through him

growing up my mom went to church of latter day saints (Mormon) and then converted to jw Jehovah witness and my dad was Catholic but he didn't go to church much and when i first got married i went to the Mormon church off and on but i was stuck in addiction so it didn't last then , fast forward to 3 years ago when i started church i ended up going to a UPC church its united Pentecostal church but they don't believe in the trinity now i went and still go sometimes because i find the fellowship is great and i go to worship God but i don't believe in many of their teachings

unfortunately i live in a small town and there's not many to church's to chose from many are closed too because Canada has strict views on covid up here but like there's some where im lost at i feel sometimes like what's the truth on some things like for example baptism I believe its so important to be baptized at upc they baptize in Jesus name and i do agree with that part because i know some do in the Father Son Holy Spirit but the reason why i believe being baptized in Jesus name is because of how it says in 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: the part where it say NAME in this scripture indicates to me that would be Jesus name but then the part in UPC where they believe in salvation to be saved you have to speak in tongues and to receive the holy ghost now for me i struggle with this because i was in a alcohol addiction for 10 years on jan 11 of 2019 i hit my knees and asked God to save me cause i heard him say i had to stop or it was going to ruin me and my family and id end up in jail or worse dead so i felt convicted I just knew i couldn't do it on my own that was absolute i felt the Holy Sprit like i never have before and the following week when i went to church for the first time i remember them playing this song and i felt like scared cause i didn't feel like i belonged i felt shame and convicted again but i know that when Moses say the burning bush he was fearful at first and my initial thought was oh my goodness this is God this is a sign I'm on the right track here and i wasn't even baptized or talked in tongues or any of that so i believe i felt the Holy Spirit leading me then . i Love the fellowship at upc some make me feel like family there's some not so much but i feel like im loved by certain ones there and most important im there for God and to worship HIM i have been to other church's and just never felt like i was welcomed or fitted in even tho at upc im completely different in how i look and dress i don't feel like im judged by many some yes but i believe wherever you go that will happen

i do a lot of apologetics searching and watch some sermons online because i feel like i want to search for the truth and since i went to so many different church's with very vast views i struggle with what's true and what's not but i also believe what i wrote that i believe at the beginning of this forum is important and true . i watch a lot of YouTube and i feel like craig groeschel is really great i feel his sermons really relate to many things in my life and how i can turn to God for them there's more too just he stands out the most to me . is it wrong for me not to have a domination yet i just don't think like one certain denomination is saved and everyone else is not , what are your thoughts on this ? and any suggestions are welcomed thanks so much for reading :)
Best thing to do.. study the bible for yourself.. then see which church (not denomination) teaches as close to what you have found it.

There are some straight down the line beliefs that would put a church in strange waters if they didn't believe them..

Jesus is God.. the Holy Spirit is God.. The Father is God
Baptism is not part of receiving eternal life but a response to be given it afterward
Salvation is a gift from God, not by works through faith in Jesus Christ
The bible is the Word of God.. inerrant, infallible.

If a church goes off on these.. then it's going into non-christian waters (altho liberal christians will differ with me)

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Baptism is not part of receiving eternal life but a response to be given it afterward...If a church goes off on these.. then it's going into non-christian waters (although liberal christians will differ with me)
Not sure if I am a liberal (in non-christ waters) or not, but, some
"GRACE By faith" assemblies disagree that "water baptism" is for
Today, Under GRACE, as God Plainly Teaches us that "There Is Only

(Solving Massive Confusion of water Divisiveness), not two.

GRACE And Peace...

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Not sure if I am a liberal (in non-christ waters) or not, but, some
"GRACE By faith" assemblies disagree that "water baptism" is for
Today, Under GRACE, as God Plainly Teaches us that "There Is Only

(Solving Massive Confusion of water Divisiveness), not two.

GRACE And Peace...
I dont know of any church that has no water baptism for today.. which is what I was referring to

O

Oblio

I was water-baptized, and according to scripture, would instruct others to be also!