Is sin a rejection of Christ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

limey410

For any believer to say sin does not matter is to deny their faith.

The small sins people are talking about, are just sin like anything else and worthy
of damnation.

Lying, stealing are all main line sinful behaviour.

Anger is often a typical self condemning emotion which people deny in their lives
and ends up controlling them.

The real lie is when the fight against anger in the heart by repression makes it too
big and strong with massive outbursts occasionally. This is not about sin at all but
about denying everyone has the right to get angry. It is a God given emotion to
know we hurt and things really matter to us. Out of context and repressed it can
grow into rage and be truly dangerous, but by letting love and forgiveness into ones
heart most of this should be removed and sorted out.
You are twisting my words, I NEVER said sin doesnt matter. It took the death of our Lord to resolve the issue between us and God. But make no mistake, I trust that God completed that work and have faith that He does not hold my sin against me.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Bill, I agree 100%. What I do know is Christ overcoming in my life, and in testimony after
testimony because people sought His face. All I am calling for is faith and desire to take
up the cross and walk.

I started talking about love, loving God and loving each other. It is still the core issue
of our people, our life blood and desire and mission.

I wonder why these things would be disputed in the fellowship of believers?
I am not sure such things are disputed generally by believers.

I think those mature in the faith have a duty to come alongside others who seem to be struggling. Discipleship is very important to me along with a biblically based Christian birth.

It starts with Jesus, continues in and with Jesus and it ends with Jesus.

Feb 24, 2015

Abiding in Jesus is a way of life. It is not a sometimes act of worship. Jesus died so that we could live in this whole new manner of life.

And, no, when I leave Him and then turn back to Him I do not think I'm being too harsh on myself. I tell Him I'm sorry I left and thank Him for taking me back. And you know what? He never tells me "Go away you sinner. I've had it with you!" He always welcomes me back with open arms.

And, yes, I realize this is the "human condition" we all live with as shown in Rom 7. And I do not "ignore or appropriately park" the behavior. I try to go back and see if I can pinpoint whatever it was that caused me to leave so I can be more aware of the triggering event. If we can get to the point where we recognize these things that draw us away from Him, then we can ask God for strength to guard against that.
The problem with being vague, I wonder what you are talking about.
Your experience is not necessarily the same as others.

One believer said it was a selfish thought, or desire.
Now if these actions are not sinful, then they are not issues in the way
sinful actions are and do not require repentance or focus on change of
behaviour. So I get confused when people talk about priorities and issues
of life alongside obvious sin and rebellion.

Now when people say "the Lord did not reject me" is a very subjective
approach to righteousness and holiness. Is this saying the worst sinner who
still abides in their sin can worship Christ and Christ has no issues with this?

This is Gods attitude to this behaviour

Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations— I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.
Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being.
They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.
When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you;
even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening.
Your hands are full of blood!
Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight;
stop doing wrong.
Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.
Isaiah 1:13-17

God desires we walk in His ways and He takes pleasure in His people.

Feb 24, 2015
I am not sure such things are disputed generally by believers.

I think those mature in the faith have a duty to come alongside others who seem to be struggling. Discipleship is very important to me along with a biblically based Christian birth.

It starts with Jesus, continues in and with Jesus and it ends with Jesus.
I agree with you. I just want to encourage people to walk deeper and closer with
Christ.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
This is from my Oxford Study bible

A good way to understand and remember the different states of man in different ages in relation to sin is to learn the following:

Man in Eden was able to sin. After the fall, man was not able not to sin. After he is saved, a man is able not to sin. When he is glorified, man will be not able to sin.

Glorified is something to look forward to.

Mar 23, 2016
PeterJens said:
The problem with being vague, I wonder what you are talking about.
Your experience is not necessarily the same as others.

One believer said it was a selfish thought, or desire.
Now if these actions are not sinful, then they are not issues in the way
sinful actions are and do not require repentance or focus on change of
behaviour. So I get confused when people talk about priorities and issues
of life alongside obvious sin and rebellion.
Look, we worship a God Who is holy. Our human minds cannot fathom His utter and complete holiness. And He takes us when we are filthy and contemptible.

At the point we are first born again, we are washed clean and He takes away those things that have defiled us. But you know what? We are not perfect (yet) and we tend to get dirty.

As we learn to walk with Him and live the life He has for us, we sometimes stray and fall into the mud. So, He washes us again and He does this over the entire course of our lifetime.

As we grow and mature in Christ, God removes those things from our lives that cause us to become soiled. At first, it's the more obvious things that are removed.

And as we continue to grow and mature in Christ, subtle items are removed.

Are the subtle things any less capable of soiling us than the more obvious?

But God is faithful to us and He continues to wash and remove and cut away from us those things that are not beneficial to our lives. God is conforming us to the image of His Son and He will continue to do this as long as we live on this earth.

PeterJens said:
Now when people say "the Lord did not reject me" is a very subjective
approach to righteousness and holiness. Is this saying the worst sinner who
still abides in their sin can worship Christ and Christ has no issues with this?
Who (specifically) says this, Peter? I asked this question of you the first time I posted on this thread and you have yet to answer. Name the names of people who say "the sinner who still abides in their sin can worship Christ and Christ has no issues with this".

First off, a sinner who abides in his/her sin is not going to worship Christ unless and until he/she repents.

Once the sinner has repented, does Christ reject him/her?

Last edited:

EarsToHear

Jan 14, 2016
First, here’s how the Word defines sin:

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

The bad news is that we all sin, which means drifting away from Christ. The good new is that when you repent the slate is wiped clean. This is the beauty of Christianity.

Also, Christ did not destroy the law. It was only the blood ordinance that He nailed to the cross.

Matthew 5:17-20
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.