Misconceptions about the Bible.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JimmieD

Apr 11, 2014
Well I hate to be super spiritual here, but Jesus said nobody took his life from him, he laid it down.

John 10.17-18
[SUP]17 [/SUP]For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. [SUP]18 [/SUP]No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”

If we are to be accurate here and follow Jesus and the word, then based on this passage, nobody killed Jesus, he laid himself down and nobody took his life.
I get it, and fully agree, if you're saying Jesus allowed himself to be taken, tried, and executed. But I wouldn't get it if you just completely ignored the roles played by the Jewish leadership, Pilate, Judas, the soldiers, etc.. and literally meant that nobody killed him.. I mean, surely it's clear that they all played a role in executing him. Jesus didn't drive the nails into his own hands and feet. He didn't betray himself or arrest himself. He didn't stand in as prefect at his own trial. I don't think Caiaphas or Pilate could legitimately claim that they didn't kill Jesus.

Apr 13, 2015

KJV So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God .

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Actually, the 24 hour period known as a 'day' began at sunset.
I should have believed what I read in Genesis.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
It does start out with evening first then morning.
I can't say I know much about Jewish ways.
Thank you sir for that correction.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
That fruit could have been a banana or a plum. Personally, I prefer peach, because a peach would tempt me more than an apple or pomegranate. (Give me a pomegranate minus the seeds, and I'm in. lol)
Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Let's keep in mind that ever tree produces fruit after its own kind.

Luk 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Luk 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

A banana tree produces bananas, an apple tree make apples,... and so on. The tree of knowledge of good and evil had to be something entirely different, even as the Tree of Life had to have had fruit of its own unlike any other tree in the garden.

A

atwhatcost

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Let's keep in mind that ever tree produces fruit after its own kind.

Luk 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Luk 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

A banana tree produces bananas, an apple tree make apples,... and so on. The tree of knowledge of good and evil had to be something entirely different, even as the Tree of Life had to have had fruit of its own unlike any other tree in the garden.
True. It's extinct. But do we have relatives today? (And, prehistoric just means before our first known writings, so I'm not making an evolutionary claim. Dodo birds are extinct, but it wasn't evolution. lol)

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Other misconceptions;
Jesus was poor.
That faith stuff don't work.
What ever happens is God's will.
The miracles went with the apostles.
OSAS.
Okay, I know these subjects are a denominational thing, I was just having a little fun.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
No, it says "fruit," which was probably -- by the greatest of guesswork -- a pomegranate.

She wasn't raised in the first-century Mideastern culture, where a part of a day was considered a day. Example: We're traders in ancient Jerusalem. At the third hour (9 AM) on Monday, I ask you to deliver 100 ephahs of wheat to me "in three days." If you agree, you must deliver them by sundown Wednesday, as that is my expectation, as a first-century tradesman in the Mideast, of three days.[/FONT][/SIZE]

I have read about the pomegranate theory too...And that may be true, yet it is inconclusive..I would like to think that God meant for us not to know exactly what the fruit was, so we don't spend too much time worshipping it or burning people at the stake for eating it now..