question about the souls already dead

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nathan3

Give me time to respond to all of that. But reread those notes i posted and the scripture when you have time Hizikyah

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
no rush____________________

Oct 31, 2011
Guys...ENOUGH. ugh. Why is it everytime someone makes a thread someone has to start an argument or act holier than though or just be plain mean and obnoxious?? and yes, jimmydiggss this means you. Theres no reason for you to act the way you are and be so crude. Nathan13, I happen to agree with. Honestly thanks everyone for trying to answer but i feel more confused than ever i think but it's ok.
When ever we see someone using the devil's tactics rather than sincerely trying for truth, we can know there are demons trying to insert the forces that oppose God. Always, they use scripture to do this. Arguing against these people does no good, only praying for them and heaping God's words on them. And ignoring it. Where ever truth of God is given, it brings the devil out, and he uses people who love the Lord, too.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
When ever we see someone using the devil's tactics rather than sincerely trying for truth, we can know there are demons trying to insert the forces that oppose God. Always, they use scripture to do this. Arguing against these people does no good, only praying for them and heaping God's words on them. And ignoring it. Where ever truth of God is given, it brings the devil out, and he uses people who love the Lord, too.
2 Corinthians 11:13-14, "And no marvel; for satan is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore, it is no great thing if satan's ministers also are transformed as the ministers of righteousness--whose end will be according to their works."

Leviticus 19:17, "You shall not hate your neighbor in your heart. Rebuke your brother (or your sister) frankly, so you will not share in his (or her) guilt."

Oct 31, 2011
For a new way to look at this question, I think that our minds are not capable of fully understanding death, and when we try we each have only a veiled picture of it. We have to keep tight hold of what we can understand and trust the Lord with the rest.

Something I think we can understand is that there was a difference in death when Christ was crucified. Before, death was always referred to something like "asleep with the fathers", etc. When Christ was crucified we have this scripture:

Matt 27: 50-Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

After Christ was crucified, scripture usually uses different terminology to speak of death.

Dec 9, 2011
Sorry sis, but the verse doesn't say absent from the body IS to be present with the lord.
HI Sister Sanashankar
I wasn't sure if you meant that Paul was saying 1.) he was talking about himself or if he meant 2.) anyone who is not in there body would be in the presence of the LORD.

Which one did you mean? I was thinking about it and i was wondering.

N

nathan3

Vaniilakay, I'm pretty sure you dont agree with my view about the rapture. But we never talked about that yet.

Im just about done responding to this thread because it just gets tiring to try to respond over and over again. But I might give one more response or two later in the week. to something Hizikyah asked me about.

Last edited:
S

Sanashankar

HI Sister Sanashankar
I wasn't sure if you meant that Paul was saying 1.) he was talking about himself or if he meant 2.) anyone who is not in there body would be in the presence of the LORD.

Which one did you mean? I was thinking about it and i was wondering.
What i have learned is Paul and all other apostles, like us, thought that they wud see the end. They wud see Jesus Christ's second coming...and that is why Paul said

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Paul like anyone did not know the God's appointed time. But maybe Paul had a revelation or what i do not know, the next epistle for the tesslonicans says this:

2Th 2:1 . Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 . Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

So Paul has written alot of things thinking that their time was the time for Jesus to come again.the same is happened in this verse

2C 5:8 We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Because he thought he is one among those who will not die but change the body and be with Jesus Christ

1C 15:52 at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

I believe scripture is the word of God. God would have purposefully made Paul write like that so that the seriousness of the message can be passed to the whole world for the generations to come.