Reincarnation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DedZed

I recommend you read more apocrypha. . Your knowledge seems mostly in just the new testament. Christians shouldt be so narrow minded. Have you read the Book of Judas?

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
No , Matthew 11:14
John the Baptist was Elijah
Matthew 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. (Can a man restore all things??? We cannot read this literally: it is a layered prophetic riddle. Elias obviously cannot be a MAN but only GOD. Jesus is referring to His own coming foreshadowed in prophecy... prophecy is like babushka dolls. One thing signifies another. We cannot read this with carnal understanding. It's not about men anyways - it's always about JESUS.)

Elijah was not the same person as John the Baptist or Jesus, but a "figure likewise" or a shadow. Elijah is somebody whom people knew not, rejected and killed. "Elijah" means "martyr of God" here, it's a codename. This is very typical of Biblical prophecy.
God works in prophecy like that. You can reassure yourself in this easily by comparing the Old and the New testaments in general and important people in it. Elias was a type of Jesus.

Jesus was compared to Melchizedek, who was also a type of Jesus (the high priest bringing forth bread and wine). Boaz was also a type of Jesus (the kinsman redeemer). Abel was a type of Jesus (innocent blood). Elijah was also a type of Jesus (walked with God, ascension). Abraham was a type of Jesus (friend of God, gaining countless offspring). Solomon was a type of Jesus (Prince of Peace). Jonah was a type of Jesus (3 days immersed in the earth/water). Joseph was a type of Jesus (he forgave and saved his brethren). And of course it does not mean all these people were Jesus. Jesus is God. God just used the people and events in the OT to foreshadow His coming and tell of His nature.

D

Deliver

Has anyone ever got the feeling, that in the Bible, the word "resurrection" is just another meaning for reincarnation?
I know all the worlds faiths have many things in common, because of divine influence. There are billions of people in the East who follow reincarnation. I think one of the uniting things we can do to our societies is to recognize that, reincarnation is real.

I don't think all souls just go straight to heaven or hell..Maybe for a time, maybe not. But some are bound to keep on repeating that cycle until they can find some good...God would not of forsaken china, etc with their lack of Christ if some aspects of their beliefs were not true..

What do you guys think?

there are passages ofc to back me up- mostly when Jesus calls out John the Baptist for being the reincarnated Elijah.
I know how you could start being confused about the reincarnation thing but it's not Biblical. Elisha is included in there.
They share similarities, the miracles are similar, they're both wild men and stand up to people. If you study closely you will see the similarities. They are different men, not reincarnated spirit.
It's an interesting study.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I recommend you read more apocrypha. . Your knowledge seems mostly in just the new testament. Christians shouldt be so narrow minded. Have you read the Book of Judas?
Until you start reading the real Bible, the canon, and understand it, you cannot even call yourself a Christian. All this esoteric knowledge is the occult.

And from the devil!

If you want to ask how I know, it is because many years ago, I believed in reincarnation. I was a young person, very naive and very open to every suggestion, every wind of change. My study of religions lead me to wrongly conclude that we are reincarnated after death.

Until then, I had been reading the Bible, and praying to Jesus. From that point, evil entered my soul. I started experimenting with nonsense like astrology and Ouija boards. I believed in telepathy, and gradually got drawn into drugs and drinking.

I turned my back on Jesus, and instead found delight in all the special knowledge I found, including Alice Bailey and the Ascended Masters of Theosophy. From there, it was all downhill. I tried to pull myself out of that occultic nightmare by reading various holy books, even though I did not believe in God anymore. My life grew more and more negative and black. I was desperate to know the truth! Desperate enough to believe anything anyone wrote.

But then, I realized I had not read the Bible. I started to read the New Testament, and I did not understand a single word. But God was faithful. He brought Christians into my life who testified to the glory of Jesus Christ, resurrected and sitting at the right hand of God.

Then, through their faithful witness, and a special man (now my husband) who told me I need to repent of my sins AND especially the occult, I met Jesus Christ. Then I understood the Bible and its sufficiency. I have been studying it for 35 years now, and it has never let me down.

DedZed, you do not need all this mystical revelation and lies! You need to know the living God and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He is risen from the dead, and one day believers will join him in eternity. You are not following Jesus Christ when you point people away from Jesus. You are following Satan and his minions, who have disguised themselves as angels of light.

My challenge to you is to read the Bible. Start with the New Testament. Forget the extra-biblical lies. God is waiting to meet you. He is wanting you to know the truth, that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father but by him.

Praying you find Jesus Christ, instead of this terrible, evil occultic practices and beliefs you have so easily bought into.

T

thebesttrees

Has anyone ever got the feeling, that in the Bible, the word "resurrection" is just another meaning for reincarnation?
I know all the worlds faiths have many things in common, because of divine influence. There are billions of people in the East who follow reincarnation. I think one of the uniting things we can do to our societies is to recognize that, reincarnation is real.

I don't think all souls just go straight to heaven or hell..Maybe for a time, maybe not. But some are bound to keep on repeating that cycle until they can find some good...God would not of forsaken china, etc with their lack of Christ if some aspects of their beliefs were not true..

What do you guys think?

there are passages ofc to back me up- mostly when Jesus calls out John the Baptist for being the reincarnated Elijah.
In the case of Elijah, if reincarnation means the return of the "attributes and powers" of one person in another person then that would be correct in my estimation. It is like saying that I plant a seed which grows into a tree. I will find new seeds in the fruit of this tree. Do these seeds have the same power and characteristics of the first seed? Yes! But is the first seed identical to these latter seeds? Clearly no!

Was John the Baptist the return of Elijah? Yes as he went in the spirit and power of Elijah,

Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Matthew 17:12-13
But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Was John the Baptist the literal person of Elijah? Clearly no! As Elijah was taken up in chariots of fire and never died and John was born to Zechariah hundreds of years later on.

[TABLE="class: bibleTable"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Mar 20, 2015
One dictionary says,

reincarnated
To cause to be reborn in another body; incarnate again. (personify)

So perhaps one can be reborn in the body of Christ (metaphorically speaking of course)

I don't think any human being could be reincarnated as a nelumbo nucifera

Just my observations.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
How do you think Jesus's second coming is then? You realize he had/has to become a person again, and grow up....

Reincarnation...
no. don't you remember reading this?

. . . he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
(Acts 1:9-11)

i believe what it says here. in the same way - through the sky, the clouds - not to be born again as a man. this verse is not the only place it is written.
to believe as you said, you are setting yourself up to follow an antichrist, a man who would make himself god, a false Christ.

Ella85

May 9, 2014

What do you guys think?

You don't THINK?
Keep studying let the Lord help you to seek His word.

T

Tintin

What do you guys think?

God hasn't forsaken China. There's good evidence to suggest that the ancient Chinese were faithful to the one true God post-Babel and that they were for much of their early history. It's only recently that we've seen a return to the one true God. And how!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
In the case of Elijah, if reincarnation means the return of the "attributes and powers" of one person in another person then that would be correct in my estimation. It is like saying that I plant a seed which grows into a tree. I will find new seeds in the fruit of this tree. Do these seeds have the same power and characteristics of the first seed? Yes! But is the first seed identical to these latter seeds? Clearly no!

Was John the Baptist the return of Elijah? Yes as he went in the spirit and power of Elijah,

Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Matthew 17:12-13
But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
yes, as it is written in Malachai 4 - and it may be that his mantle will also rest on one of the two witnesses, before our Lord returns in judgement, because now the earth waits for that judgement - "total destruction" - while the Father extends His mercy, so all that would believe may come to Him.

T

Tintin

And who would that God be?, does he have a name?
The one true God of the Bible. In China, Shang Di. One God in three persons, not allowed to be worshipped with idols or anything similar. There's a brilliant book on the subject called "Faith of Our Fathers: God in Ancient China". And there are a couple sermons on YouTube concerning the topic.

Mar 20, 2015
The one true God of the Bible. In China, Shang Di.
Wow, so we now have Shang Di, Triune God, Jesus, Lord, Abrahamic God, God of the Bible, Yaweh, YHWH, Jehovah and a holy spirit that is a person?, so many God's so much confusion.

One God in three persons.
But someone could say that God is in them but does that make them a God?.

Last edited:
T

Tintin

Wow, so we now have Shang Di, Jesus, Lord, Abrahamic God, God of the Bible, Yaweh, YHWH, Jehovah and a holy spirit that is a person?, so many God's so much confusion.

But someone could say that God is in them but does that make them a God?.
Good grief! You must be trolling. God is Father, Son and Spirit. One God in three persons. Holy Spirit lives inside of Christ's followers, but Christians aren't themselves God. And Shang Di, Jesus, Lord, the Abrahamic God, Yahweh, Jehovah, YHWH are all the one true God found in the Bible.

Mar 20, 2015
Good grief! You must be trolling. God is Father, Son and Spirit. One God in three persons. Holy Spirit lives inside of Christ's followers, but Christians aren't themselves God. And Shang Di, Jesus, Lord, the Abrahamic God, Yahweh, Jehovah, YHWH are all the one true God found in the Bible.
Why would Father God call Himself a Son of God? and no i'm not trolling.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

What do you guys think?

If someone believes in reincarnation, then by definition, that person can't be a Christian.

In reincarnation, you keep coming back till you sort out your problems, and your sins, and eventually become righteous.
In reincarnation, there is NO NEED FOR A SAVIOR... because you are GRADUALLY SAVING YOURSELF.
In Christianity you have ZERO ability to become righteous, or save yourself from your sins... in any way.

Reincarnation and Christianity are inherently antithetical.
They cannot be reconciled.
They cannot coexist.

Last edited:
T

Tintin

Why would Father God call Himself a Son of God? and no i'm not trolling.
God the Father doesn't call himself the Son of God. Neither does Holy Spirit. God the Father isn't the Son and He isn't Holy Spirit. God the Son isn't God the Father and Holy Spirit. Just as Holy Spirit isn't God the Father and God the Son. They are three persons, but one God.