So apparently I am no longer a Christian, because I am Intersex

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Sorry if posted here already..

For your comfort Strickalator:

1 Samuel 16

6And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed is before him. 7But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart. 8Then Jesse called Abinadab, and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this. 9Then Jesse made Shammah to pass by. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this. 10Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these. 11And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.
Worship in Spirit and Truth.

P

Powemm

Psalm 91

1*Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
****will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2*I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
****my God, in whom I trust.”
3*Surely he will save you
****from the fowler’s snare
****and from the deadly pestilence.
4*He will cover you with his feathers,
****and under his wings you will find refuge;
****his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5*You will not fear the terror of night,
****nor the arrow that flies by day,
6*nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
****nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7*A thousand may fall at your side,
****ten thousand at your right hand,
****but it will not come near you.
8*You will only observe with your eyes
****and see the punishment of the wicked.
9*If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
****and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10*no harm will overtake you,
****no disaster will come near your tent.
11*For he will command his angels concerning you
****to guard you in all your ways;
12*they will lift you up in their hands,
****so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13*You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
****you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14*“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
****I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15*He will call on me, and I will answer him;
****I will be with him in trouble,
****I will deliver him and honor him.
16*With long life I will satisfy him
****and show him my salvation.”

Psalm 91:1 Hebrew Shaddai

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
If you believe that there are herds of unicorns wandering the earth you then go and read books about it, go to websites and find similar minded people on forums, then conclude that you are right as all these other people and publications say you are right, so you go around telling everyone that you are right and when they disagree you try to show them every publication under the sun that you are right, but at end of day you are not. This is also the exact behaviour you are demonstrating.

My ex wife ended up taking a pre-op transexual as a lover, a few years later he was now a she, my ex is still with this person. This person as also sexually abused as a child, he went on to marry, have kids, joined army but he was bullied and raped, so he left, he then went into deep depression, left his wife and children. After being treated for mental health disorders, he came to conclusion he would be better off as a woman and this is why he was unhappy being a man, so he then started the process and met my ex.

Guess what, neither of them are happy, both of them have attempted suicide and are still very unhappy with thier existence. Changing sex did not bring any happiness or peace. My ex will also deny she is a Lesbian.

So you want to be known as a woman but take women as your lover, like it or not that is wrong, but seeing as you found yourself a lesbian pastor to tell your problems to, then obviously she is going to tell you it is ok to be like this, despite what the Bible says on the subject. The general rule is that if you find yourself writing 10,000 words to explain away a verse in the Bible to justify your sin, then you are obviously in the wrong, so presenting us with "proof" that the Bible is not saying homosexuality is wrong , but simply meaning something else, is nothing more than manipulation to justify your own agenda.

From this topic and the others you have started, it is clear that you do not want solid Bible based advice to make serious life decisions as you already have closed your mind to anything other than being a woman and wanting to sleep with women, but simply for people to pat you on the back and say, "there , there never mind, everything will be fine when you are a complete new woman , its ok to be with other women.", in which case its going to be a waste of time trying to convince you otherwise, just like trying to convince a unicorn hunter that there are none alive today.

Dec 26, 2012
Have you not read?
Yes God did create Adam and Eve as male and female. But we leave out the two things that went along with the fall,one is that when sin entered into the human race things do not work perfectly anymore. Everything is in decay including our bodies,which goes into our very DNA. The earth itself is also under a curse.

Genesis 3

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”
16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”
17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

How far and wide does the sin that entered in reach? How far and wide does the curse go? Do we really understand all of the ramifications of the fall? Paul goes so far as to tell us that even our bodies are subjected to frustration along with all of creation.

Romans 8

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Why is it that if one is dealing with those issues that we are told that it is the only place where things still somehow work perfectly? If the world and our bodies are no longer perfect then why should it be a surprise that in this area also it no longer works as God intended it? Jesus Himself says there are eunuchs that are born that way. Which then bodes the question who is He including in that statement? If He is including those that are intersexed then we are on dangerous ground when we say it's not possible and do not deal with them with compassion and love,just because they are dealing with something that most can never understand or relate to. Can you be 100% percent sure that it doesn't happen if Jesus already says there are those born that way?

Dec 26, 2012
Now that being said the onus is on us that we can not use it as justification to excuse our behavior. We still need to live our lives in Holiness and purity.

T

tonyp71190

Your identity lies in Christ as you are being indwelt by the Holy Spirit. If anybody tells you anything contrary to that, they are liars. We live under the dispensation of grace and grace is exactly what God offers to wretched people like us, therefore, since we are the only beings on this planet that have the capacity to pass the message of grace onto those who seem unloveable, we must do exactly that. You have the potential to reach many people who are sexually misunderstood as well as those who are practicing sexual immorality etc. Christ died for the ungodly, that's all of us and when we are placed in Christ and adopted into Gods family, that's where we stay until we go home. Jesus never addressed anyone by their sin and put a label on who they were according to their deeds. He never condemned anybody for anything they did, he just spoke life into people, you have life in Christ and in him you have that same potential. Pray for your parents and don't believe lies.

Jun 7, 2013
Wow plenty of quotes on offer here.

Here's another

You can safely say that you have made God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people that you do.

Feb 7, 2013
Peace be with you, there is a wrong spirit in you that you need deliverance from. Pray to our LORD JESUS CHRIST who sympathizes on you to help in your weaknesses. May HE guide to a meeting place for deliverance from this foul spirits.
May GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST rebuke that foul spirits in you and restore spirit and truth in you.
All Honor, All Praise, All Glory, All Power and All Thanks, be always HIS and is HIS, forever and ever, Amen.

D

danschance

Peace be with you, there is a wrong spirit in you that you need deliverance from. Pray to our LORD JESUS CHRIST who sympathizes on you to help in your weaknesses. May HE guide to a meeting place for deliverance from this foul spirits.
May GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST rebuke that foul spirits in you and restore spirit and truth in you.
All Honor, All Praise, All Glory, All Power and All Thanks, be always HIS and is HIS, forever and ever, Amen.
I don't think you read his first post?
This is a physical and or medical issue. Why would you think he has a demonic issue? Talk like that seems hurtful to me.

Feb 7, 2013
Peace be with you, it will be only hurtful for a carnal person like you because of your selfish feelings and desires. Don't you serve a true Living GOD who completely heals you and others who seek faithfully, in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST? This is only for those who have faith to stomach as truth.
In the kingdom of this world, this issue is truly, lyingly a physically and medical issue to be solved. This person who have a kind of similar medical issue like my friend, who goes on a medication and he reaps the side effects. At times i am not happy with this friend because of his side effects that he is at times rude and arrogant.
In the Kingdom of GOD, this is an unclean spirit issue that disturbs natural functions in a man as how GOD initially wholly created them and bless them to multiply, That unclean spirit need to be cast out immediately first by HIS anointed servant to restore a person again to function naturally for the Kingdom of GOD and not for the kingdom of this world and it's patterns.
"You and i can be slave to only one Master. You and i will only love one and despise the other." This is the Word of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
But we cannot stop those who have faith in seeking doctors and medical treatment for solutions. Historically there is no consistency in medical care and treatment.
May GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST forgive and bless you in spirit and truth.

Last edited:
T

TiredOfMisunderstanding

Strickalator,

I am also an intersex Christian. I am a Baptist who has a mosaic genotype, meaning my genotype is xx/xy. I am neither male nor female genetically. I am intersex, and I am as God created me. You are intersex, and you are as God created you. Like you, my parents had to choose a gender for legal purposes. If you have partial AIS, you probably didn't look typically male or female at birth, and you shouldn't have. I'm sorry for any surgeries or "corrections" your parents chose for you.

There is a tremendous amount of misunderstanding that has been thrown your way, and I wanted to lend my voice to you, letting you know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE! God loves you, He made a plan for you, and He knows your heart. In many ways, we have the loneliest walk of all on Earth. At this point in history, we are reviled by our fellow Christians because we muddy the waters on gender. We're not male and we're not female. Sorry, to everyone who is going to be riled because of that phrase, but we're not. We're born between, and God did indeed create us that way.

In the Bible, there is talk of three kinds of eunuch. There is the naturally born eunuch, which no one wants to talk about, but this is the intersex individual! If you look at the words used, other ancient texts from the time which use the same words to describe those who are both male and female, this is what you find. Then there is the man-made eunuch. This is an xy male who has been castrated. The final is the one who sets his/her life aside for Christ. There is a VAST difference between those three, despite what many theologians say. There are others who are starting to see and starting to understand that the long-held dogmas are incorrect.

Strickalator, I encourage you to not look at yourself as transgender. You are simply being who God intended you to be. There is a genetic reason you have never "fit" into your legally assigned gender. It's because you are not that. I am nearly 40 years old, and I have no idea how old you are, but when I was born, my parents had 3 days to choose if they would call me a boy or girl. They chose girl, with every intention of removing anything male from my body. It was clear in early childhood that they chose the wrong gender. As a Christian family, this caused all sorts of problems.

Many thought I could never accept Christ, as I was born outside of His creation. Um... was I not human? Was I not one of those "everyone who believes" mentioned many times when sharing the Gospel? Did God create me, and others like me to be lonely here on Earth, and then to have no hope of eternity? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I want you to look at the story of the Ethiopian Eunuch with a new eye. This eunuch had been banned from the temple, as is dictated in Leviticus 21 and Deuteronomy 23. He knew he could not go sacrifice, as he was "damaged goods". Being a eunuch, whether naturally or man-made, kept him from worshiping. This is the reason for his question "is there anything to prevent me from being baptized?" He wanted to take part in eternal salvation through Christ, and wasn't sure if he could! We know that he was able to, as the quick reply was to the effect of "well, here's some water!" This means we can belong FULLY to the Body of Christ. We're not outsiders anymore!

As to being sexually impure if you date? Well, this is between you and God. It really is. I know some fellow intersex individuals who feel the need to be single, while I know many others who live according to the gender they actually are (instead of their forced legal assignments), and are happily married with families. You know? Every one of them arrived at their decision through prayer.

Please know that I understand your pain and your journey. Don't listen to the hate coming in the form of "godly counsel". It's what it is... anger at something they don't understand and aren't taking the time to understand, or having the compassion to even think past their own ideas or what they've been taught. Read Isiah 56, especially verse 4. God promises we naturally born eunuchs something (as He does in other areas of the Bible, as well). It's comforting to know that we're loved, we're created this way, and that God has a plan. Don't let others drag you down.

I

Is

I have dated women always and have been attracted to women always, I don't want to be alone, I need a wife. I am 40 years old and still searching. What If I had Down's syndrome and that is also a condition, am I not allowed to love and be loved in return, just because i have a condition? That makes no sense.

Please make your type bigger, it's really hard to read you posts.

Feb 7, 2015
Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that 6 months ago I found out from a doctor I have Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (either mild or partial). It has only confirmed what I knew all my life that I was not a typical male. I have feminine features and gynecomastia and other things (which I wont mention) that did not make sense as to me being a typical male. I then learn that there are women who have complete AIS and even though they have xy chromosomes, there bodies convert all testosterone into estrogen. These women look, act and feel and appear and sound like a woman in every way, they even look more feminine than most women due to the condition.

So now some of my family and friends are telling me I am no longer a Christian, because I am intersex and have always felt like a woman inside and that i have never really felt male even though I was raised male. I mean how in 6 months could I go from serving the Lord Jesus Christ and being saved since I was 16, and now I am no longer saved and will go to hell because I learned i am intersex and told them I have always felt different?

How could that change my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I have been the same person I have always been. Can anyone explain to me why I am being treated this way?

Simply because many of us do not listen to Jesus. I know it's hard, but try to ignore them. This is just between you and God. People often want to usurp Him, but they are all the more wrong for trying.

Feb 7, 2015
Peace be with you, it will be only hurtful for a carnal person like you because of your selfish feelings and desires. Don't you serve a true Living GOD who completely heals you and others who seek faithfully, in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST? This is only for those who have faith to stomach as truth.
In the kingdom of this world, this issue is truly, lyingly a physically and medical issue to be solved. This person who have a kind of similar medical issue like my friend, who goes on a medication and he reaps the side effects. At times i am not happy with this friend because of his side effects that he is at times rude and arrogant.
In the Kingdom of GOD, this is an unclean spirit issue that disturbs natural functions in a man as how GOD initially wholly created them and bless them to multiply, That unclean spirit need to be cast out immediately first by HIS anointed servant to restore a person again to function naturally for the Kingdom of GOD and not for the kingdom of this world and it's patterns.
"You and i can be slave to only one Master. You and i will only love one and despise the other." This is the Word of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
But we cannot stop those who have faith in seeking doctors and medical treatment for solutions. Historically there is no consistency in medical care and treatment.
May GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST forgive and bless you in spirit and truth.
You type a bunch of garbage that I usually just ignore, but not this time.

State your opinion, if you must, but other than that keep your mouth shut. You are not God, and you do not speak for Him.

A

atwhatcost

You type a bunch of garbage that I usually just ignore, but not this time.

State your opinion, if you must, but other than that keep your mouth shut. You are not God, and you do not speak for Him.
Ah, man! You're going to get on Fred's case for something he wrote two years ago? Strick hasn't been on here (except by another name and then he was banned) for two years now. Let's not resurrect the gone, nor argue with someone's opinion from two years ago. :D