The Differences

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 14, 2009
And did cain not serve his punishment on earth?

Was that price enough? Did he murder again?

Sep 8, 2012
But camels go through the eyes of needles ...

What can't logically happen?

If a killer never hears it, how can he know it?

We all say that we are brought to salvation, moulded in Christ. But we have constant exposure to that which is beneficial for our growth.
First off, the word translated as 'camel' is 'rope'.
No camels go through any eyes of needles, for that matter ropes don't either.
This metaphor was for how hard it was for one who trusted in riches to find heaven.
Over and over Jesus and the apostles (Paul and Peter and James) pointed out how those that trusted in the
mammon of this world would in no wise enter into the rest and peace of eternal heaven.
Jesus even pointed out a particular person who died in his riches, as juxtaposed to the beggar laying at his gate.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
And did cain not serve his punishment on earth?

Was that price enough? Did he murder again?
Interesting that you mention Cain. Recently while meditating on the writings on Cain, the realization came to me that Yahweh, God, blessed Cain with the famous mark of Cain. It was given him to protect him from any kind of revenge being taken on him.

Yes, the mark of Cain was a blessing.

Sep 8, 2012
The difference between those that seek their gain in this life verses those that are beaten down in this life(usually by the same), is graphic and stark.
It's not a zero sum game where all find bliss in the end.
God(Jesus) and His apostles made that perfectly clear.

Dec 14, 2009
First off, the word translated as 'camel' is 'rope'.
No camels go through any eyes of needles, for that matter ropes don't either.
This metaphor was for how hard it was for one who trusted in riches to find heaven.
Over and over Jesus and the apostles (Paul and Peter and James) pointed out how those that trusted in the
mammon of this world would in no wise enter into the rest and peace of eternal heaven.
Jesus even pointed out a particular person who died in his riches, as juxtaposed to the beggar laying at his gate.
What is more of the mammon of this world than the mindset whereby men have the need for lost, wayward people to be thrown into an eternal torture?

All things are possible through God.

Do you think that man, who did many good deeds, will get to heaven and God will say 'You were blinded by your fortune. And for your blindness, you're going to torture'?

Or will he rub the mud of the earth in the mans eyes and give him his vision back?

Sep 8, 2012
And I can show you that not only did Jesus speak of the eternal separation in his pre-ascended life, but I can show you where the risen savior(after His death and resurrection) also spoke of the tangible inability for those that trusted in riches to attain eternal bliss.
Would you like me to show you?

Dec 14, 2009
You show me the part where men decide where they go after death, and I'll show you the part where all stand in the eternal domain of God praising him out of their own free will.

Sep 8, 2012
What is more of the mammon of this world than the mindset whereby men have the need for lost, wayward people to be thrown into an eternal torture?

All things are possible through God.

Do you think that man, who did many good deeds, will get to heaven and God will say 'You were blinded by your fortune. And for your blindness, you're going to torture'?

Or will he rub the mud of the earth in the mans eyes and give him his vision back?
Mediate, I love you.
I really do.
But I can't change the Word.
You aren't arguing with me.
I love you.
I can only show you what Jesus said.
Read Luke 16:20-25
And Revelations 3:13-19.
If you have need of more proof I will provide it for you;.....but please READ!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You show me the part where men decide where they go after death, and I'll show you the part where all stand in the eternal domain of God praising him out of their own free will.
I can show you without an exact quote. Anyone hearing the gospel and rejecting it has chosen evil over good.

The prophet, Joel, tells us that in the last days anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Think about that! It is too wonderful to contain. What grace and goodness is awaiting all, yes, ALL, who love goodness. Those who have loved evil will also get what they worked for, and this is very sad.

God bless you and light the way He has for you always, amen..................

Last edited:

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
'For the letter brings death, but the spirit brings life'.

'Even as I am bound in chains, the word of God is not bound'.

EDIT: Don't even worry about it. You're a different person than you were when you posted that. Or else you wouldn't be apologizing!!

The mind keeps on flowing! :)

Yes the Spirit leads, may it always be so.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
From what I have learned from my Hebrew study is:
Laws are called the teachings they are divided up and called the Law and the Decrees.
The ones called the Law are moral teachings and believers and nonbelievers can understand them and their judgments.
The other Laws are called decrees, these laws or teachings and their Judgments nonbelievers cannot understand because the Spirit of God is the one who give the insight into them.
We are told to carry out the Laws ( moral teachings and judgments) and to safeguard the decrees ( laws not understood by human intelligence)
Judgments are blessings for living by the Teachings (Law,moral and decrees) and curses for not living by the Teachings.
In our time there is still the blessings for living by the Teachings, but through Yeshua if we ask for forgiveness and repent ( turn from our ways) we do not have to have the curse because Yeshua paid the price for the curse by dying on the cross.

Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.

Aug 15, 2009
If I say 'dont eat the food on your brother's plate'

If I say 'when you eat that food, your brother will starve and i will be displeased'

If I say 'love your brother'

If I say 'I know you are inclined to try it to see what happens and what you can get away with, but i promise you, it will be bad for you. You will feel guilt and sorrow'

If i say 'if your brother eats off your plate, forgive him, a multitude, nay, all times'.

You can see the forgiveness of God, yet the 'please, dont try it because I dont want to see you or your brother starving or hurt, or either of you at odds with each other'.

You can see the 'I dont wish you to suffer for the things you do, please listen to me and what you do will be beneficial for both of you'
But 'the wicked' will have much 'turmoil' in 'receiving' these gifts.

Though they will eventually.
To different people, law, statutes, commandments and judgements can be the very same thing.

To search for God's intent was what brought me into understanding of his fatherly nature.

And it's there for the taking, or the creation of turmoil.

But the turmoil is not God's doing.
All I can say is:

What in the world are you talking about?

Dec 14, 2009
I can show you without an exact quote. Anyone hearing the gospel and rejecting it has chosen evil over good.

The prophet, Joel, tells us that in the last days anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Think about that! It is too wonderful to contain. What grace and goodness is awaiting all, yes, ALL, who love goodness. Those who have loved evil will also get what they worked for, and this is very sad.

God bless you and light the way He has for you always, amen..................
They hear, but they do not yet perceive.

W

webchatter

I think what mediate is saying in this thread,is that: God is good, Jesus is good too, and that if we suffer on earth we will have eternal life in heaven, & so will the poor & the dogooders too, but those who judge will not go to heaven, & only people are evil, there is no satan.

Dec 14, 2009
Not entirely.

webchatter, if you were in need, dire need, and you came with a need, any need, would you look fondly upon the person who gave you what you needed without without asking in return, regardless of their perceived intention or outwardly professed belief? And if you saw a person after yourself in such need, would you not respond in the same manner the dogooder responded to you?

If you saw the person you helped, walk straight past a person who was in the same need again as you, without helping them, would you point and say 'you evil person. I gave to you and you didn't give to them'? Or would you rather walk over and give yet AGAIN to someone in need?

What I am saying is, judging another person may be righteous in a man's eyes, but does the person in need get what they need by the action of judgement? Do you gain anything from it? Does the person you are judging gain anything from it?

I am not saying that ANYONE will not go to heaven. In fact the complete opposite. What I am saying here and now is that there are things that are beneficial on Earth. Things that save from the Earthy consequence of sin. Patience, kindness, , holding one's temper, charitable giving, creating peace, holding the tongue, hope for people rather than condemnation of people.

Last edited: