What's Your Favorite Romantic Movie & Why

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Love of country? :) Jean Arthur is one of my favorites. She and Stewart are lovely in You Can't Take it With you (if you haven't seen it). She's great with Gary Cooper in Mr. Deeds Goes to Town.

You know, I think it's so cool that at your age you have such a love for the classics. :). Yes Jean Authur is great - She really brightens up the screen! I have both of those movies.

Both of my kids tell me how much they appreciate the fact that I brought them up on the classics. They don't run into too many their age that has an interest in that time in movie history. My 2 kids are in their early 40's. We have the movie Princess Bride too. The kids loved the part that began ma-wage is whot bwings us togewer today. :)

Nov 14, 2016
Rebecca
Roman Holiday
The Farmers Daughter
Now Voyager
An Affair To Rmember
The Princess Bride
Shop Around The Corner
All This And Heaven Too
Goodbye Mr. Chips
Emma
Random Harvest
Valley Of Decision
Suspicion
Remains Of The Day
All This And Heaven Too
****How about the "Shop Around the Corner" with Jimmy Stewart----the remake of this movie is "You Got Mail"---Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan...

R

renewed_hope

I would say the Indiana Jones Trilogy, Cowboys and Aliens (yes, I adore Harrison Ford ❤) Legally Blonde, and PS I love you

Nov 14, 2016
I would say the Indiana Jones Trilogy, Cowboys and Aliens (yes, I adore Harrison Ford ❤) Legally Blonde, and PS I love you
****I like "Regarding Henry"---Harrison Ford and Annette Benning-----buy some Mallomars...

G

Galatea

You know, I think it's so cool that at your age you have such a love for the classics. :). Yes Jean Authur is great - She really brightens up the screen! I have both of those movies.

Both of my kids tell me how much they appreciate the fact that I brought them up on the classics. They don't run into too many their age that has an interest in that time in movie history. My 2 kids are in their early 40's. We have the movie Princess Bride too. The kids loved the part that began ma-wage is whot bwings us togewer today. :)
I love that part, now I want to watch it again, Lol. The best part is the battle of wits between Westley and Vizzini. The actor who plays Vizzini steals the show, I wish he'd been in the movie longer. Every time I hear someone yell "inconceivable!" I think "That must be a good person, they know The Princess Bride." I prefer old movies. When we were kids, we did not have cable or satellite. My aunt told us that the library would let patrons check out movies for a dollar a piece for two weeks- this is how we got exposed to old movies and musicals. By the end of two weeks, we pretty much knew all the songs.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
I love that part, now I want to watch it again, Lol. The best part is the battle of wits between Westley and Vizzini. The actor who plays Vizzini steals the show, I wish he'd been in the movie longer. Every time I hear someone yell "inconceivable!" I think "That must be a good person, they know The Princess Bride." I prefer old movies. When we were kids, we did not have cable or satellite. My aunt told us that the library would let patrons check out movies for a dollar a piece for two weeks- this is how we got exposed to old movies and musicals. By the end of two weeks, we pretty much knew all the songs.
LOL! Vizzini did do an excellent job! I think of Him too whenever I hear inconceivable!!! Our kids were young when we got saved and we didn't have cable either. So we rented movies all the time as well and bought the ones we thought were keepers that we'd watch again and again.

At one point, Dish Network had a special deal with Sky Angel. We could choose 10 channels for a small fee so we chose TCM, AMC, History Channel, a news channel, A&E, Food Network, TLC and I don't remember the others. But after a while they did away with the A la cart via Sky Angel so we got rid of Dish network. Our friends teased us about our movie marathons on the weekends. :) My kids new many movies by heart. Great memories!

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
****How about the "Shop Around the Corner" with Jimmy Stewart----the remake of this movie is "You Got Mail"---Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan...

I thought that was a remake of An Affair To Remember with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
There are only three movies in Hollywood history that have fan clubs:

Gone With The Wind

The Wizard of Oz

and,

Get this: it is the only romance movie in history to have as many MALE fans as female!

Why?

Because it was inspired by this beauty:

The beautiful Maude Adams [1872-1953] was the wealthiest actress of her time. She still has many fans to this day. The author of the story is Richard Matheson - he, like me, and like many other guys, have found her photos to be utterly entrancing.

Here is the novel:

https://www.amazon.com/Somewhere-Time-Richard-Matheson/dp/0765361396

Also known as Bid Time Farewell ​though it was not quite as good as the movie.

W

Woman_Of_GOD

Though none go with me and A vow to cherish :) .and there's another one The Disney's Pixar Up :) (Carl and Ellie)

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Tru dat. Can someone tell me what is the proper amount of lace to have on one's drawers? I don't want to be "that guy" who wears the ugly skivvies. LOL
I'm not sure there is a "proper" amount. Sometimes you want just a hint.. .maybe a little that shows when you're doing the "plumber's crack" thing... sometimes you want mostly lace... for those "special" nights out dancing....

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
There are only three movies in Hollywood history that have fan clubs:

Gone With The Wind

The Wizard of Oz

and,

Get this: it is the only romance movie in history to have as many MALE fans as female!

Why?

Because it was inspired by this beauty:

The beautiful Maude Adams [1872-1953] was the wealthiest actress of her time. She still has many fans to this day. The author of the story is Richard Matheson - he, like me, and like many other guys, have found her photos to be utterly entrancing.

Here is the novel:

https://www.amazon.com/Somewhere-Time-Richard-Matheson/dp/0765361396

Also known as Bid Time Farewell ​though it was not quite as good as the movie.
Somewhere in Time was a really good movie... I think this is the first time I've agreed with you.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
When Harry Met Sally, because it's hysterical and I like Sense and Sensibility.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I think my favorite "romantic" kind of movie is "Love Actually".... several love stories all at one time.. combined with British humor.

If they could have worked Benny Hill into it, it would have been PERFECT.... :rolleyes:

I actually like quite a few... "Sleepless in Seattle", "While You Were Sleeping", "The Proposal", "Pride and Prejudice"

notmyown

May 26, 2016
The Princess Bride hands down. my kids still say "as you wish" to one another. :)

if you like Jean Arthur, you're going to love The More the Merrier. (with Joel McCrea)

although Charles Coburn steals the show in that one.

it was remade with Cary Grant in his role, but it's not as good. (trust me! lol)

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Sound of Music....

Because there is music and the story is true.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
it has everything!

"fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles."

maybe i've seen it too many times. :eek: