Who do you think the Antichrist is?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

peterT

And do you think HE is alive today?

Love to hear your thoughts and ideas

A

AnandaHya

mmmm

is this your version of sports stats?

18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the[c] Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.[d] 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

24 Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.
26 These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you. 27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will[e] abide in Him.
2 John 1:7-11
King James Version (KJV)
7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

there are MANY ANTICHRISTS.

its what the BIBLE says. I think I'll stick with the Bible on this subject.

Requirements to be an Antichrist: deny that Jesus is Christ, deny that Jesus came in the flesh, deny the Father and the Son which IS that Jesus is CHRIST and CHRIST is GOD.

Last edited:
B

Brandon777

The anti-Christ is my boss.

R

RachelBibleStudent

i don't think there is actually -one- antichrist...there are many and always have been

P

peterT

I think the only time this subject will grow old, is after the last trumpet.

And it’s still a new subject for lots of Christians

P

peterT

While there are many that oppose Christ, there will be AN antichrist. That's what Rev 13 is talking about.
Amen.
And not just Rv13

P

peterT

The anti-Christ is my boss.
Your boss maybe an antichrist but he’s not the antichrist.

Lucky am I, because my boss is the lord Jesus.

Matt6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Oct 22, 2011
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

My grandfather was an atheist. Which according to scripture is an antichrist. My mother did not believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Which according to scripture is an antichrist. My neighbor down the road denies Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Which according to scripture is an antichrist. There are many antichrists in the world today and I could go on and on and on. But sadly some people refuse to see the truth even when it is before their very eyes. Which brings to mind the following verse,
Mat 13:15
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

May the Lord open their ears to hear and their eyes to see!

In Christ, 1Christianwarrior316

Feb 9, 2010
I believe the antichrist is alive today,and that he is being prepared to be the New Age Christ,who will have an upbringing in the occult,nature worship,who will be a man that will say that he has tapped in to the highest powers of the Cosmos,and achieved the most power a man can have.

The people who are waiting for the New Age Christ believe that he will restore all the hidden mysteries of the past,that man lost,and they can have occult powers.

His agenda will be it is all about man with no authority above them,and no religious or governmental authority above him,and believe in the God of forces and not a personal God,and cause craft to prosper on earth,who will have no desire for women because that is not on his agenda but power is his game and dedicated to it.

The antichrist will be Satan possessing a human being,for that human being will be terrible in how much power he wants.

Nobody can be the antichrist on accident,but because this man is so terrible wanting power,and knowing beforehand what type of world that he wants to establish,and all the people he will have to go against and get rid of them,billions of them,for they do not fit his agenda,and in to the occult so much,in which he believes that Lucifer is the helper of this world,that Satan is able to get a hold of him and control him.

This man will be terrible to the extreme,who wants power to the extreme,and believes in the occult that he will ascend in to godhood,and will exalt himself above all that is called God or is worshipped.He will get rid of all religions for he will say he is above all their religious beliefs.

No wonder the Bible calls him the man of sin,for this man will be ridiculous in his quest for power.

M

midwestbob

The only 4 verses in the Scriptures that use the term antichrist or antichrists tell us that there are many antichrists and that antichrist is a spirit.

1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I know that most end time doctrines teach that there will be a “the Antichrist” in the end times. But not once in Scripture is the word antichrist capitalized. Nor do any of the verses that use the term state that antichrist is an end time world leader. In fact the verses tell us that antichrist was already in the world when John wrote the verses. Now many say that John said there would be a future “the Antichrist” because in 1Jn2:18 he said “ye have heard that antichrist shall come” but they neglect to recognize the fact that John also told us what that antichrist was in 1Jn4:3 when he said “this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come”. There are literally well over a billion people in today’s world that deny God even has a Son and by doing so they prove that they are inhabited by the spirit of antichrist. To use the term “the Antichrist” in singular fashion to describe an end time world leader does not match what Scripture tells us about antichrists.
Mar 7:13Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Could the end result of this traditional teaching be making “the word of God of none effect” by taking the eyes of the average Christian off the literally billions of antichrists that have existed past, present and future? Just for grins next time you go to church, after the service ask a few members of the congregation who or what are antichrists. I’ve asked many people that question over the years and even though when asking I used the term in plural fashion not once has any one pointed out antichrist is a spirit and that there are many. I’m not a gambler but if I was I would give odds that the majority of people asked would say that antichrist is some end time figure (and proceed to guess at who it might be), and that few if any would point it out it is a spirit and there are many. Is it time that we as Christians start correcting this improper application? After all wouldn’t doing so bring the focus of the average Christian back to the literally billions of antichrist that have or will exist past, present and future? Who, other then satan would want to take the focus off these antichrists? Is it possible that this traditionally taught doctrine is a ploy of satan’s to keep us busy trying to figure out who “the Antichrist” is instead of concentrating on witnessing to the billions of antichrists past, present and future?

M

midwestbob

While there are many that oppose Christ, there will be AN antichrist. That's what Rev 13 is talking about.
That’s what many claim. But God’s inspired word tells us beasts are kingdoms.
Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in piece
And history proves God’s word true. Daniel’s leopard beast was Greece, the bear was Medo-Persia, and the lion was Babylon.

Rev13 is talking about beasts. Beast’s are kingdoms, there are two beasts in Rev13 the first beast is the one that rises out of the sea(Rev13:1-2) and the second beast comes up out of the earth(Rev13:11).

P

peterT

Not just Rv13

Out of the beast ten kings come to power, then one more king after the ten. These have one mind; these shall make war with the Lamb. and wear out the saints of the most High, And make war with the saints and prevailed. And HE shall speak [great] words against the most High

Daniel7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [were] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
20 And of the ten horns that [were] in his head, and [of] the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even [of] that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look [was] more stout than his fellows.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom [are] ten kings [that] shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Revelation17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

P

peterT

mmmm

2 John 1:7-11
King James Version (KJV)
7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

there are MANY ANTICHRISTS.

its what the BIBLE says. I think I'll stick with the Bible on this subject.

Requirements to be an Antichrist: deny that Jesus is Christ, deny that Jesus came in the flesh, deny the Father and the Son which IS that Jesus is CHRIST and CHRIST is GOD.
Yes. you have shown us all that there are lots of antichrists and we all know that.

But can you pull a rabbit from a hat, and show us from Bible prophecy that there is on king no leader no antichrist man in the last days?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The world is of anti-Christ agenda, but one will be ushered in as the one, they will use it to deceive even the elect if possible.

Do not await the the anti-Christ, it is ruling the world, it as infiltrated the church. It is using everything to control you, we consume and we rely on them.
We are slaves to this world, only Jesus can set you free, he will awaken you, and you will see it all around you, born again.

You will not enjoy their music, film or news. You will see it for what it is and that is evil. you will no longer desire worldly things, you will be consumed with the truth. And you will feel free, and full of love and forgiveness and you will praise the Lord. You will praise and love him, you will be excited by the idea of the world ending, for that is when u will be reunited with the most loving, merciful, almighty our Heavenly Father. Jesus is the only way to God.
Jesus came to pay the price, so that we will be able to go home to our Lord, how loving how wonderful.

A

AnandaHya

Yes. you have shown us all that there are lots of antichrists and we all know that.

But can you pull a rabbit from a hat, and show us from Bible prophecy that there is on king no leader no antichrist man in the last days?
I stand in the negative. It is up to you to prove your positive assertion from scripture that there IS an Antichrist as you describe it.

I assert that there are many antichrists and have provided scriptures

. You claim there is one and give Revelations 13 which has been shown to mean kingdoms not just one man but many. You would like one of the two beast to be "the Antichrist" but have not shown with Scripture your support but only continue to repeat your personal opinion.

therefore the burden of proof is upon you for you claim things not clearly found in scripture.

W

woodl

2 John : 7> For many deceivers are entered into the world
( a false teacher who leads others into heresies, i. e., away from the cross )
who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh
( a denial of the Incarnation).
This is a deceiver and an Antichrist.
( All false doctrine begins with a misinterpretation of the " Person " of Christ.)
2 John : 8> Look to yourself, that we lose not those things which we have wrought
( is the same as Paul's " examine yourself " ( ll Cor. 13 : 5 )
but that we receive a full reward
( refers to the coming Judgment Seat of Christ, where and when every true Christian will give acccount).
2 John : 9> Whosoever transgresses, and abides not in the Doctrine of Christ, has not God.
( The " Doctrine of Christ " is in brif " the Cross. " If one leaves the Cross, one transgresses, and no longer has the Lord, which means that the soul will be lost if such direction is continued.)
He who abides in the Doctrine of Christ, he has both the Father and the Son. ( Gal. 5:1-6)
2 John :10>If there comes any unto you, and bring not this Doctrine
( Jesus Christ and Him Crucified ),
receive him not into your house. neither bid him God speed
( to receive such shows acceptance):
2 John :11> For he who bids him God speed is partaker of his evel deeds.
( To help or finance false Apostles makes the person doing such a part of the false doctrine, which is serious indeed!)

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
Your boss maybe an antichrist but he’s not the antichrist.

Lucky am I, because my boss is the lord Jesus.

Matt6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

which ONE is it? choose...

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
the meaning of 666

not yet...it's not yet time for him, but soon.

7 days - to each day a dimension and time and purpose is allocated. Read Gen 1

understanding that the seventh dimension can only be reached through Christ and Love we know that the devil cannot enter this. Therefore he is limited to the sixth day.

that is the first 6.
where did he get the authority of the sixth day? Adam

:)