Who Is A Jew

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 14, 2013
Hello brothers and sisters,

I am a gentle Christian.

I have several questions about Jews.

Are they Jews ?

[video=youtube;2Pvjrfk7AOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pvjrfk7AOE[/video]

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
First, where does the word, Jew, originate in relation to a people? When Leah gave birth to Judah she names him such by saying, "This time I will praise the Lord." Judah is comprised of two Hebrew words, Yah and yadah, or Yahweh and to praise, give thanks, confess. Together they mean praise or praiser of Yahweh. The word, Jew, is short for the title of any person of the tribe of Judah, as were called all believers of Yahweh at the time of Yeshua.
All who love Yahweh are praisers of Yah, they are all Jews...............
Jews are of the tribe of Judah (one of the twelve tribes of Israel), thus Judaism and the reason Jesus is called the lion of the tribe of Judah.
All who love Yahweh are Israel (all of the tribes, including Judah).

Apr 14, 2013
Jews are of the tribe of Judah (one of the twelve tribes of Israel), thus Judaism and the reason Jesus is called the lion of the tribe of Judah.
So who believes in Jesus, is Jew ?

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
So who believes in Jesus, is Jew ?
No, not all that believe are Jews (of the tribe of Judah), but all that believe are of Israel (comprised of 12 tribes). There no longer is Jew nor Gentile concerning the promises of God. All that believe on Christ Jesus, are Israel.

The twelve tribes of Israel:
Judah (the Jews known for Judaism)
Reuben
Gad
Aser
Nephtalim
Mannaseh
Simeon
Levi
Issachar
Zabulon
Josheph
Benjamin

Revelations 7:4

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2013
No. Israel. There no longer is Jew nor Gentile concerning the promises of God. All that believe on Christ Jesus, are Israel. Israel is comprised of 12 tribes.
Judah (the Jews)
Reuben
Gad
Aser
Nephtalim
Mannaseh
Simeon
Levi
Issachar
Zabulon
Josheph
Benjamin

Which tribe do you belong to ?

W

wdeaton65

No, not all that believe are Jews (of the tribe of Judah), but all that believe are of Israel (comprised of 12 tribes). There no longer is Jew nor Gentile concerning the promises of God. All that believe on Christ Jesus, are Israel.

The twelve tribes of Israel:
Judah (the Jews known for Judaism)
Reuben
Gad
Aser
Nephtalim
Mannaseh
Simeon
Levi
Issachar
Zabulon
Josheph
Benjamin

hey now what about ephraim and dan LOL

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
hey now what about ephraim and dan LOL
That is a VERY good question. I haven't studied this but I am curious also as to why they are not mentioned in Revelations. I am wondering if their names were replaced with their offspring maybe? I would be very interested to hear if anyone has any information on this.

I just might have to search the scriptures on this now. lol If I find anything, I will share. Please do the same. :)

W

wdeaton65

That is a VERY good question. I haven't studied this but I am curious also as to why they are not mentioned in Revelations. I am wondering if their names were replaced with their offspring maybe? I would be very interested to hear if anyone has any information on this.
Off the thread brother please I will PM. It takes a long time and study to explain. I hit that with the big time walid shoebbats and hagees they dont know because it tears down the false teaching brother. There is a reason why they are not mentioned it is pretty cool. Most dont even realize they are missing LOL

H

haz

Rom 2:28,29

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
Off the thread brother please I will PM. It takes a long time and study to explain. I hit that with the big time walid shoebbats and hagees they dont know because it tears down the false teaching brother. There is a reason why they are not mentioned it is pretty cool. Most dont even realize they are missing LOL
I actually NEVER noticed that until you mentioned it. lol Please... yes, do PM me. I am interested in why Dan is not mentioned and Mannaseh seems to be in its place. However, Ephraim on the other hand was not a son of Jacob. lol

Looking forward to your PM.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
A lot of people have things backwards in their understanding. They think they must belong to the One True Church in order to be saved. This is how cults form.

The truth is that people are saved by the Lord Jesus Christ first, and then they belong to the One True Church. Once this happens the understanding of the scriptures is opened for that person.

JaumeJ was essentially correct in his op. We who love the Lord and follow Jesus are spiritual Israel. What do you call someone who is of Israel? I don't refer to myself as an Israelite but I think in my head that I am of spiritual Israel. I think Christian covers it too but we have many "brands" of that as well...

We all have errors in our understanding here and there but it is important have a grasp on the fundamentals...

zone

Jun 13, 2010
hold on....

1 John 4
On Denying the Incarnation

1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

4You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

2316 theós (of unknown origin) – properly, God, the Creator and owner of all things (Jn 1:3; Gen 1 - 3).

declared by Holy Spirit inspired Israelites Aposlte John c90ADish.
did God change His mind about that?

where can i see that?

we could pretend Romans says mercifully blinded unto salvation.
but aside from that.....

where can i see that THEOS changed His mind about who is from God.

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Hello brothers and sisters,

I am a gentle Christian.

I have several questions about Jews.

Are they Jews ?

[video=youtube;2Pvjrfk7AOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pvjrfk7AOE[/video]
according to Judaism, yes.
what was your question.
are they saved?
according to Jesus, no.
can they be?
of course.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

W

Wyclif

A member of the tribe of Judah. A descendant of the nation of Israel. It's an ethnic group and a religion. But one must ask if a Jew accepts Christ is he/she still a Jew? If Jesus is the real Messiah then he remains a Jew.

W

Wyclif

I'm sorry to say this but the men in that video look so silly. And why do people who come from a land where it is hot and where there are deserts wear fir hats and black clothing. Isn't that the dress of 17th century Polish and Russian nobility? Where did a large number of Jews live in the 17th century? Poland and Russia. So is that the dress God gave them to wear in the Bible? The Bible was written in ancient Canaan, not 17th century Russia.

Apr 14, 2013
I'm sorry to say this but the men in that video look so silly. And why do people who come from a land where it is hot and where there are deserts wear fir hats and black clothing. Isn't that the dress of 17th century Polish and Russian nobility? Where did a large number of Jews live in the 17th century? Poland and Russia. So is that the dress God gave them to wear in the Bible? The Bible was written in ancient Canaan, not 17th century Russia.
[video=youtube;2mR2W43t6tI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mR2W43t6tI[/video]

Apr 14, 2013
[video=youtube;VwR6znFSD1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwR6znFSD1U[/video]