Why do we feel the need to pull apart everyone elses thoughts on scripture?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Here on BDF you can start a thread on "drinking milk while reading your bible" and the sabres will rattle. It's just something you learn to navigate through as you stick it out here. :)
Milk? Really?

Everyone knows coffee is far more beneficial. The nerve
Probably uses a straw.

Dec 18, 2013
I think the point of pulling apart thoughts is to learn and study. Since I think that, pull it apart to your leisure.

Using scripture I'd make the case for that iron sharpening iron.

E

ember

[h=2]Why do we feel the need to pull apart everyone elses thoughts on scripture?[/h]
it might mean we had to change if we didn't

for the record, I have changed quite a number of times...it would be more correct to state God has shook me up more than once

W

WoundedWarrior

Another one rambling is if you don't speak in tongues, you aren't saved. (Posing as comfort to tongue-talkers.)
No offense intended, but you are mistaken on this thread " http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/120184-comfort-those-who-speak-tongues.html " the OP is NOT stating that if you don't speak in tongues, you aren't saved.

Here's what's going on with that thread/group: She claims to have the gift of tongues, others claim the gift of tongues is a dead gift -- she's attempting to defend this (because she has the gift), others are attempting to debunk her (because of their beliefs from studying scripture and history).

So, I guess, I find that misunderstandings create a lot of arguments here on CC -- especially those who argue a point, then move on to points 2, 3, 4... Without FIRST determining whether it is necessary to even argue "point 1".

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Why do we feel the need to pull apart everyone elses thoughts on scripture?

That's like saying, "Why complain when someone puts one drop of arsenic in a glass of water - it's mostly water?!"

Introducing error - no matter how small - has a snowballing effect. Two opposing viewpoints of Scripture cannot both be correct. Bad theology must be challenged.

W

WoundedWarrior

That's like saying, "Why complain when someone puts one drop of arsenic in a glass of water - it's mostly water?!"

Introducing error - no matter how small - has a snowballing effect. Two opposing viewpoints of Scripture cannot both be correct. Bad theology must be challenged.
Yup -- Man, I really wish all of a banned person's threads would disappear upon receiving the ban.

(Unfollowing thread - PM me if needed)

A

atwhatcost

No offense intended, but you are mistaken on this thread " http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/120184-comfort-those-who-speak-tongues.html " the OP is NOT stating that if you don't speak in tongues, you aren't saved.

Here's what's going on with that thread/group: She claims to have the gift of tongues, others claim the gift of tongues is a dead gift -- she's attempting to defend this (because she has the gift), others are attempting to debunk her (because of their beliefs from studying scripture and history).

So, I guess, I find that misunderstandings create a lot of arguments here on CC -- especially those who argue a point, then move on to points 2, 3, 4... Without FIRST determining whether it is necessary to even argue "point 1".
Yup. You're right, so I went back and dealt with it. Thanks for the heads-up.