Hi Kelby, i met them in 1988 and 1989. They said, so far i renember, every christian can get this gift.
If those people had said "We have it, but you can't." I would have taken issue with that. But please note that saying "I have something and you can have it, too" is significantly different than saying "I have it but you can't".
It seems you acknowledge that they had SOMETHING that they were hoping you'd also receive. I also acknowledge that they have SOMETHING. And I have received it, too.
What I'd like everyone to consider is the following type of questions about that 'SOMETHING':
1. "What exactly did those Pentecostal people have?"
2. "What benefit do they actually receive from having it?" (excluding prideful "bragging")
3. "What is it for?"
4. "What does it do?"
5. "How does it accomplish it?"
6. "When/where should it be used?"
7. When/where should it NOT be used?"
8. "Are there other things it does or leads to?"
9. "Are there other things that can do what it does (could replace it)?"
10. How do you get it?" / "How do you do it?"
11. Does everyone get it at the same time / or in the same way?
12. If not, what can hinder a person, and how do they overcome those obstacles?"
13. etc., etc.
The purpose of this thread is to start uncovering the answers to those types of questions. If not for everyone, at least for the people who have that particular gift.
If you don't think it's necessary or available to all, that's fine.. consider that it is not necessary or available to all. But please allow those that would like to learn about it, to do so in peace.
Love in Jesus,
- Show all