this is the issue
Though I imagine that person has long sense left I am hopeful for them. Their first few posts revealed a heart that genuinely wants to learn and understand and seemed to be coming from a place of love , acceptance and openness.
I always tell people to be aware of their own echo chambers. If everything you read, watch and are told comes from something like just one interpretation by heterosexuals who says it’s evil then that’s all you will know. All scripture will be filtered through that preconceived idea.
So I suggest looking at a wide range of work on this subject. See what all these groups have to say and study their work and east their books and listen to their podcasts.
1. Active homosexuals who identify as Christians.
2. Inactive homosexuals ( gay people who reject it and choose to be celibate or get with the opposite sex anyways and pray it all works out) who also identify as Christian.
3. Heterosexual Christians who believe the Bible teaches same sex relationships are ok.
4. Heterosexual Christians who believe the Bible teaches it’s a sin.
Get out of a echo chamber and look up opposing views and counter arguments. Spend some time meditating on scriptures and trying to see their point of view.
Then decide what makes best sense to you.
with what you are saying and it is Truth.
1. the false narrative
of saying Active homosexual who identifies as Christian. This is a false statement and deceptive at its origin.
If one is a Christian they are to identify with Christ. Not a sexual preference
but the very word of God.
2. inactive homosexual who rejects it and chose to be celibate
? Get with the opposite sex anyway
and prays it all works out? Who also identifies as Christian.
This is a humanistic approach to sin(
while trying to stay a Christian)
and one who has not been set free from the sin of sexual idolatry.
AS if God would be so impressed with my ability to be celibate yet my heart is still bound with perversion.
That is not freedom. And Christ sets the person free. Much of what has been said in all the things in 1-4
are worldly positions mixed with Christian language. Using human rationale to justify sin and prop a false narrative of homosexuality is a kind of race of people.
here is the heart of the deception:
"Then decide what makes best sense to you."
Christians are not to decide what makes the best sense to them but obey the very word of God.
And submit to God resist the devil and he will flee from you. WE are to take the full counsel of God's word and apply it to our lives. The carnal mind will always gravitate to the things that bring pleasure to the flesh. Sexual sin is the strongest one of them all.
A homosexual is no different than a person addicted to pornography.
Many people who had their first homosexual experience did so after being bound to pornography. They never even thought of being gay but the sexual experience brought pleasure
and a stronghold in their life.
When a person comes to Jesus He doesn't refuse them. Yet that person must leave and cleave to Jesus and the word of God.
That cannot happen if they hold to the false narrative above.
A Drug addict, homosexual, fornicator, drunkard, etc. will not remain free after and in counter with Jesus if they do not do the following:
1. Separate yourself from " friends" who are not chritians and still engage in the addiction listed above or any for that matter.
2. has no prayer life and is not empowered with the Holy Spirit and the word of God
3. doesn't receive godly counsel and applies it to their life.
4. has the Understanding being tempted is part of the battle while we all are in the flesh Jesus was tempted in all points as a man yet HE did not sin. Temptation is a suggestion from the devil and the flesh from past experiences you are known to give into. There is victory over this in Christ. Not appeasement. No compromise, not word games and phrases. The Truth. The Way, and The life all in Christ.