❤What type of person do u like ❤

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheWriter

I think you need to go back and read those Bible stories because you're remembering and / or interpreting them pretty incorrectly. So let's go through a very brief history of love, marriage, and Bible. First off, this idea that you have to or should be "in love with" or feel some attraction to a person to make that person a good marriage partner is only about 200 years old. Really it just started up around the time of Jane austen and other classic romance writers of that period; before that people (at least people who were prominent and important enough to get stories told about them) were much more likely to marry for position, power, money, or political alliances.

Second God's choice of David had nothing to do with how he looked, in fact in explaining his rejection of David's oldest brother (and by implication choice of David) we get the rather famous 1 Sam 16:7 -But the LORD said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” You could say it was Saul who was chosen because he looked like a king, and look how that turned out.

Esther was beautiful but probably didn't become queen just because of her looks. The less sanitized version of that story is something more like Xerxes former wife refused to come and be on display for a room full of dunken men so she was fired as queen and banished. Xerxes went off to war and got his butt kicked by the Greeks ( I believe that included 300 Spartans at a little battle no one's ever heard of in a place called Thermopylae) and consoled himself by coming home and rounding up all the pretty single young ladies in town for his harem and having sex with each one of them so he could decide which one he liked best and declare her the new queen. Anyone still want a love story like Esther's?

Samson had a thing for Philistine women. They seemed to have a thing for betraying him and he ended up blind and a prisoner because of it.

Joseph was sold into Egyptian slavery by his brothers. Bible says he was good looking and it got him falsely accused by his master's wife and imprisoned. After attracting the attention of Pharaoh and being promoted, I'm not sure how much choice he had in if he was going to marry or who to marry (probably one of those political alliance marriages). But it sure was better than being stuck in prison.

I won't say it's impossible for everything to line up and you to feel immediately attracted to and in love with a person and actually go on to have a long and fulfilling relationship with that person, but that is extremely rare. And I would side with those who assert that this mythology of romantic love as something bigger than two people that fates them to be together and live happily ever after does more to destroy relationships than strengthen and improve them. Best anyone in the modern age can do is realize that relationships require a lot of work, sacrifice, compromise, and commitment and become the kind of person who can fulfill such responsibilities once in a relationship (and then choose who to be in that relationship with wisely).
Oh my goodness my friend!! U got it!!! I congrad u my friend *bows* 🤠🙃 God Bless!

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Ok whatever if u dont like my opinion that fine. but u dont have to make a huge agrument about it or make a big deal about it. Im just simply expressing my own thought and opinion which people can respect and related to.
Yeah you don’t have to make a big argument @TheWriter pick someone your own size this girl is 19 years old you should get banned for this fool!

T

TheWriter

Lol i had to review something im jot picking on anyone lol lol dang lol dont get so angry dang its a misunderstanding thats all.

Lol its funny that people misunderstand stuff online like one thinking i was yellimg and im not to be truthful?

This lady and i spoke and its a understanding and nothing is out of sorts.

I had to leave to get myself in order to be honest i had to see a doc and i very well could have virtigo.

Yes i change subject i hate confeontations but dang just cuz its a friend dont mean nothin lol

Im not trying to be mean or rude or even cruel they have their views so have i.

They explained their part as have i and thats all it is lol.

And now u know why i didnt wanna post this here so much drama

T

TheWriter

Going back to my own thread in blogs lol God Bless you all family!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I had a perfect post for this thread. I had it all planned out in my mind, the thoughts I was going to express and exactly how I would word them.

And then I catch up on this thread and it seems we have divided into two groups of kindergarten children, each patting their own group on the back while yelling at the other group.

Forget it! No way am I posting what I was going to in this kind of atmosphere. It would just get trampled in the squabbling.

H

Hamarr

Guess now would be a good time to mention I prefer people with good communication and coping skills.

T

TheWriter

I had a perfect post for this thread. I had it all planned out in my mind, the thoughts I was going to express and exactly how I would word them.

And then I catch up on this thread and it seems we have divided into two groups of kindergarten children, each patting their own group on the back while yelling at the other group.

Forget it! No way am I posting what I was going to in this kind of atmosphere. It would just get trampled in the squabbling.
I understand that, my manner is different and i get that. I can see how some words i use can be out of context, however misunderstandings happen everywhere.

This is a text forum and we are n various places in the world, that is what causes the confusion.

So with that said, it would be helpful to be more open to the discussions instead of shredding each other apart.

I mean that towars everyone, myself included that is why i wrote my responce.

Words without verbal words can be mistaken very badly because not everyone sees everyones point of view.

That is why one time i posted my voice on here thru youtube.

However we should as a whole get a long, then we should understand and be more open to each other

On my part? Never yelled or even got mad i pulled away by my own doing. When i was at the doctor i had it planned out to explain wht i meant and to apologoze for anything i may have said wronf.

I have done that but not in the forums the person and i are not mad we carried on a great conversation as brother and sister in Christ should.

And trust me i will not put a camera on my life just to tell u guys everything, i do have some privacy.

I write how i write and feel how i feel to a solid degree.

I write what i am lead to write by God's spirit.

I also change the subject alot to avoid any miscomings. Meaning this, if anyone tells ke something theb i change the subject that dont mean i dont care because i do it means why go down that dark road that broke ur hearts in the first place?

In time things coulda been said and expressed as a whole but it was not God's time to expeeas things that hurt a person the most.

I get that because I never feel right aaking until God places it in my heart to do so.

A person's business is their business. It is up to them male ir female to explain in their own way no matter what to make themelves feel more relaxed to the conversation.

I had that twice it seems frim here i wont go into detail but we should all as a whole as questions without jumping to conclusions.

Not everything ahould be done in the open thats why i went to chat.

And i did take the person off ignore after i thaught it all out.

ANd their responce was kind they explained and i explained.

And we both agree that to judge by apperences is to know the demeanor of the person as a whole and not by the psysical good looks but as to see them thru thir self emptions.

That is the understanding i have from the conversation maybe they do too.

God Loves you all and so do i.

A

amberlynlover7

Lol i had to review something im jot picking on anyone lol lol dang lol dont get so angry dang its a misunderstanding thats all.

Lol its funny that people misunderstand stuff online like one thinking i was yellimg and im not to be truthful?

This lady and i spoke and its a understanding and nothing is out of sorts.

I had to leave to get myself in order to be honest i had to see a doc and i very well could have virtigo.

Yes i change subject i hate confeontations but dang just cuz its a friend dont mean nothin lol

Im not trying to be mean or rude or even cruel they have their views so have i.

They explained their part as have i and thats all it is lol.

And now u know why i didnt wanna post this here so much drama

TBH there wasnt any drama at all or any argument at all. there wasnt even yelling either. You guys are making it as if it was opera. If there was argument right now. There would have been World War 3. we will all be fighting and saying offense things to each other. so that totally different. It just simple disagreement how we each expressed our thought/viewpoint/perspective while we give our reasoning and valid answer in a civil manner. this was actually more like a debate we were having about outer apperance. And does outer apperance play a role in a realtionship through personality.

Writer already appoligez and message me. I already explain to him what I mean by judging people apperance. Which he kind of understand and agree a little bit.

T

TheWriter

Yeah you don’t have to make a big argument @TheWriter pick someone your own size this girl is 19 years old you should get banned for this fool!
Dang lol such anger.

Im a fool, but God says different.

No big deal anyway, i guess that alot of people here really trully take things way out of context as it seems
MAny know as many do not know.

My name on here used ti be jbrooks5912.

I closed the account and returned a new a few days later. I Needed a change and i needed new views in life.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Dang lol such anger.

Im a fool, but God says different.

No big deal anyway, i guess that alot of people here really trully take things way out of context as it seems
MAny know as many do not know.

My name on here used ti be jbrooks5912.

I closed the account and returned a new a few days later. I Needed a change and i needed new views in life.
Good on you for admitting this. Sometimes it Takes alot for a person to admit they are in the wrong, no worries bro. Nobody’s perfect. :)

T

TheWriter

Good on you for admitting this. Sometimes it Takes alot for a person to admit they are in the wrong, no worries bro. Nobody’s perfect. :)
Im not lole every person tho sis. I dont cate ehat people think about me i can care leas if im liked.

Lol i write to help those who need it and i always show my errors. ANd idc if someone gets mad at me for clearly no reason at all.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Im not lole every person tho sis. I dont cate ehat people think about me i can care leas if im liked.

Lol i write to help those who need it and i always show my errors. ANd idc if someone gets mad at me for clearly no reason at all.
I guess you cared enough to delete your old profile and come back with a new one? Lol