1 Year Old Sees Jesus...Says "He is Coming Soon"

  • Thread starter Thread starter phil112
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I've raised 4 children and I have 4 preschool grandchildren. Children that are one simply do not have the vocabulary to say such a thing. Not even a two year old would be able to say it.

At one, most kids have about 2 or 3 words. By 18 months that climbs to about 20 words, and by two, maybe 100 words. Plus, the concept of a "coming soon" would also be WAY over the head of a one year old.

More nonsense from the internet, no doubt about it.
Yes, the fact the the word "angel" appeared in an 18m old's vocabulary means that the parents definitely influenced this event,
regardless of any spiritual implications that a person might try to take from this.
 
Hey, "Single-Eyed", (half blind?) did I say this child was predicting the "Endtimes?" You should know by now that I don't believe in that book-selling hogwash.... BUT, if an event like this gets people to reading their bibles, and turning their thoughts toward God, then it is no one but a fool who would dare to decide God can't use something like this.

All things work for good
 
Hey, "Single-Eyed", (half blind?) did I say this child was predicting the "Endtimes?" You should know by now that I don't believe in that book-selling hogwash.... BUT, if an event like this gets people to reading their Bibles, and turning their thoughts toward God, then it is no one but a fool who would dare to decide God can't use something like this.
God uses even the heretics to do His Will.
It's not about the ends (as God has the End covered), but about the means.
Do we "share" this story to our friends on Facebook, or share a story that has real Gospel power?
 
Hey, "Single-Eyed", (half blind?) did I say this child was predicting the "Endtimes?" You should know by now that I don't believe in that book-selling hogwash.... BUT, if an event like this gets people to reading their bibles, and turning their thoughts toward God, then it is no one but a fool who would dare to decide God can't use something like this.

Goodness.
: )

So, I suggest that instead of taking our theology from 1-year-olds, we should study the bible...

and your carefully articulated theological response is to call me names?

:)
Excellent.

I mean... really excellent.

: )
 
This is just nonsense! You won't believe an event witnessed by 70,000 people including faithful and secular, but you will believe this? I have bridges on discount right now! Hurry and don't miss my low, low prices!!!!

Now, let's be a little more circumspect with our arguments. You know that, had the baby seen a bunch of angels and a woman, with ketchup coming out of her eyeballs, you'd call that proof.
 
God uses even the heretics to do His Will.
It's not about the ends (as God has the End covered), but about the means.
Do we "share" this story to our friends on Facebook, or share a story that has real Gospel power?
Exactly!!!!!! We have been handed a ready-made opening to talk with dozens, maybe hundreds, of people who might not even think about Jesus returning ...... but what do we pigheaded dolts do? We try to look for something more to argue about.

Get out and do God's work.... and NOT by just ridiculing things...... but by opening dialogues with others.
 
Goodness.
: )

So, I suggest that instead of taking our theology from 1-year-olds, we should study the bible...

and your carefully articulated theological response is to call me names?

:)
Excellent.

I mean... really excellent.

: )
I calls 'em like posters present themselves. LOL
 
Yes, the fact the the word "angel" appeared in an 18m old's vocabulary means that the parents definitely influenced this event,
regardless of any spiritual implications that a person might try to take from this.

There's an epidemic of people vying for some story that will get them on talks shows or into a best selling book. "Caveat emptor." In theology, that means watch out for extra-Biblical crapola.
 
I'm skeptical of all of these Heaven is for Realz, Yo. Don't you read your Bible? moments.
 
Exactly!!!!!! We have been handed a ready-made opening to talk with dozens, maybe hundreds, of people who might not even think about Jesus returning ...... but what do we pigheaded dolts do? We try to look for something more to argue about.

Get out and do God's work.... and NOT by just ridiculing things...... but by opening dialogues with others.
I'm not so sure that a speculative story is a great way to start a conversation about spiritual things.

It's more a story to assure lukewarm believers,
than a story to kindle a spiritual flame.

The best way to talk about spiritual things, is to just talk. Spiritual things come up.
Talking about [potentially false] spiritual things just leads to a conversation about how hypocritical churchy people are.
 
To be fair, Jesus has been "coming soon" since the writing of the New Testament. The kid's not really making an out there prediction, and certainly not adding anything 'new' to the discussion.

And, look, really, one year olds say a lot of crazy stuff. Anyone who has been a parent could tell you that. There are whole websites online devoted to the topic.
 
Now, let's be a little more circumspect with our arguments. You know that, had the baby seen a bunch of angels and a woman, with ketchup coming out of her eyeballs, you'd call that proof.
OK, Go with your talking baby. Good Luck with that
 
Friends, on the surface I say its bogus, however, looking at it in a deeper sense with hope, faith and humility, I agree with Willie. God will use who and what He desires in order to advance His Kingdom.
 
ummm, at 1 year old, a baby can't even speak coherent words, let alone know who Jesus is.. just sayin'... :/

Which toddler wins?

My 2-year-old just saw Jesus, and Jesus told him he's NOT coming back soon.

So which toddler wins?



I have a crazy idea...
how about instead of being so lazy we let toddlers determine out theology,
we actually try READING THE BIBLE.
But toddlers read it better lol
I want my binky :)
 
All the Prophets in the bible were Jewish or Jewish Christians...no Gentile Christians. Does this little one have Jewish blood in her?