10 commandments=TV, movies, watching sports, novels, music, video games and computer games are all sins

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2021
After God gave me the Holy Spirit, by read the 10 commandments, I found proof that TV, movies, watching sports (violence like football, covet their lives and they are idols), novels, music, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons and Christian music words that gives messages. I found out that in them there is lying, stealing, adultery (Matthew 5:28 looking at someone with lust is adultery), fornication which is sex before marriage, revenge, murder, jealousy, pride=self-pity, hypocrisy, using God’s name in vain as a curse word, they are all idols (breaks 2nd Commandment) because most people can’t live without them and they love them more than God and more. Just read the 10 commandments for a list. You must remove all sources of sin.

1 John 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 New King James Version

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now I will be preaching about how to receive the Holy Spirit and be 100% going to Heaven.

First, it’s only by the grace of God that he gives you faith in Jesus Christ in order to give up your sins. It’s only by the grace of God that he leads you to pray to him to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV or any sinful desires. When you pray to God to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV or sinful desires (Romans 6:6-7 and Galatians 5:24), Satan will intervene and extremely tempt you in watching the TV. But if it’s God’s will and if you are one of God’s elects, you will overcome it and God will destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. After God has destroyed all your evil desires of watching TV and if you are one of God’s elects, you receive the joy of the Holy Spirit for a short amount of time. After the joy wears off, all existence of boredom no longer exists and you no longer burn out (psychology) anymore. That is when you have received the Holy Spirit.

Then it’s by the grace of God that he forgives you of your sins, as you confess and repent of your sins (confess and not do those sins anymore) throughout your life which is called sanctification.

After you have received the Holy Spirit and have confessed and repented of any known sins that you have done, then you pray to God to get rid of all evil spirits out of you.

Say “In the name of Jesus Christ I bind and cast out all evil spirits out of me.” Then automatically your mouth will open and you will exhale all those evil spirits out of you.

When you sin, demons have the legal right to enter your body and you have less self-control in what you do.

The Holy Spirit is the permanent cure to boredom but it is only given to God’s elects. (Proof: John 14:26-27 and Philippians 4:7) The Holy Spirit also gives the fruit of the spirit.(Galatians 5:22-24)

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

If you love God, you will obey God.

Avoid: The First Step to Defeating Lust // Six Steps to Defeating Sexual Sin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you can watch Christian stuff that don’t have sins (Like sermons) because that helps you grow more mature as a Christian spiritually and for more information about this sermon, go to spreadthegospel59.wordpress.com then go to The short version of “To be free from sin (sin deceives and hurts everyone) and how do we receive the Holy Spirit?”

Why does God hate sin? | GotQuestions.org
What does it mean that “you were bought with a price” (1 Corinthians 6:20; 7:23)? | GotQuestions.org

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/sin-will-never-make-you-happy

(What does the Bible say about hypocrisy? | GotQuestions.org)

Gives thanks to God, that you are free from sin (sin deceives=never satisfied no matter how many times you do it, gives pain, makes you guilty, go from bad to worse)

if you are one of God’s elect, to fight off self-pity is to give thanks to God for everything.

What does the Bible say about self-pity? | GotQuestions.org

Is eternal security a “license” to sin? | GotQuestions.org

(John 15:18-19)

Read James 4:4, Proverbs 29:27, 2 Corinthians 6:14-17

Just so you know Jesus had to carry all of God’s elects sins and endure the punishment for God’s elects sins which is Hellfire spiritually, which is extreme love and mercy. Go to the bottom website, for better explanation.
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/jesus-eternal-punishment-hours/
https://www.gotquestions.org/calvinism.html
Lazarus and the rich man Luke 16:19-31

Extreme Dehydration, rich man begs for a drop of water.

Luke 16:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

A place of outer darkness Matthew 8:12

A place of no rest Revelation 14:11

A place of blackness and darkness forever Jude 13

A place where people are tormented with fire and brimstone Revelation 14:10

Extreme pain since you are in everlasting fire and constant guilt.

If Jesus didn’t die on the cross and carried all of our sins=https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/jesus-eternal-punishment-hours/, God would still be just and holy, in sending us all to Hell because we are all guilty of our sins. Remember TV, movies, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons. Just read the 10 commandments for a list.

But God was willing to have some mercy (to God’s elects), which we don’t deserve because we are all guilty of our sins. At least God was willing to have at least some mercy (to God’s elects), better than no mercy at all.

Isaiah 1:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant (God’s elects), we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Jesus came to save us elects out of sin.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Jesus said, "Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean'" (Mark 7:15)

A TV is not a sin, it's an electronic device, a mere object. Objects aren't sins; thoughts and actions are. Watching TV may or may not be a sin for a particular person.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
After God gave me the Holy Spirit, by read the 10 commandments, I found proof that TV, movies, watching sports (violence like football, covet their lives and they are idols), novels, music, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons and Christian music words that gives messages. I found out that in them there is lying, stealing, adultery (Matthew 5:28 looking at someone with lust is adultery), fornication which is sex before marriage, revenge, murder, jealousy, pride=self-pity, hypocrisy, using God’s name in vain as a curse word, they are all idols (breaks 2nd Commandment) because most people can’t live without them and they love them more than God and more. Just read the 10 commandments for a list. You must remove all sources of sin.

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now I will be preaching about how to receive the Holy Spirit and be 100% going to Heaven.

First, it’s only by the grace of God that he gives you faith in Jesus Christ in order to give up your sins. It’s only by the grace of God that he leads you to pray to him to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV or any sinful desires. When you pray to God to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV or sinful desires (Romans 6:6-7 and Galatians 5:24), Satan will intervene and extremely tempt you in watching the TV. But if it’s God’s will and if you are one of God’s elects, you will overcome it and God will destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. After God has destroyed all your evil desires of watching TV and if you are one of God’s elects, you receive the joy of the Holy Spirit for a short amount of time. After the joy wears off, all existence of boredom no longer exists and you no longer burn out (psychology) anymore. That is when you have received the Holy Spirit.

Then it’s by the grace of God that he forgives you of your sins, as you confess and repent of your sins (confess and not do those sins anymore) throughout your life which is called sanctification.

After you have received the Holy Spirit and have confessed and repented of any known sins that you have done, then you pray to God to get rid of all evil spirits out of you.

Say “In the name of Jesus Christ I bind and cast out all evil spirits out of me.” Then automatically your mouth will open and you will exhale all those evil spirits out of you.

When you sin, demons have the legal right to enter your body and you have less self-control in what you do.

The Holy Spirit is the permanent cure to boredom but it is only given to God’s elects. (Proof: John 14:26-27 and Philippians 4:7) The Holy Spirit also gives the fruit of the spirit.(Galatians 5:22-24)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you can watch Christian stuff that don’t have sins (Like sermons) because that helps you grow more mature as a Christian spiritually and for more information about this sermon, go to spreadthegospel59.wordpress.com then go to The short version of “To be free from sin (sin deceives and hurts everyone) and how do we receive the Holy Spirit?”

What does it mean that “you were bought with a price” (1 Corinthians 6:20; 7:23)? | GotQuestions.org

Gives thanks to God, that you are free from sin (sin deceives=never satisfied no matter how many times you do it, gives pain, makes you guilty, go from bad to worse)

if you are one of God’s elect, to fight off self-pity is to give thanks to God for everything.

Just so you know Jesus had to carry all of God’s elects sins and endure the punishment for God’s elects sins which is Hellfire spiritually, which is extreme love and mercy. Go to the bottom website, for better explanation.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

If Jesus didn’t die on the cross and carried all of our sins=https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/jesus-eternal-punishment-hours/, God would still be just and holy, in sending us all to Hell because we are all guilty of our sins. Remember TV, movies, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons. Just read the 10 commandments for a list.

But God was willing to have some mercy (to God’s elects), which we don’t deserve because we are all guilty of our sins. At least God was willing to have at least some mercy (to God’s elects), better than no mercy at all.

9 Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant (God’s elects), we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Can you please give a rundown/list of which denominational churches to avoid? Who would you recommend listening to on the radio regarding sermons etc. Who do you like that teaches sound doctrine? Thank You!

In Him,
bluto

Jun 12, 2021
Can you please give a rundown/list of which denominational churches to avoid? Who would you recommend listening to on the radio regarding sermons etc. Who do you like that teaches sound doctrine? Thank You!

In Him,
bluto
Most churches have gone apostate. (falling away where they won't endure sound doctrine).

All of God's words will be fulfilled.

John Piper and John Macarthur. https://testallthings.com/2010/05/31/when-is-the-rapture/

After the true gospel is preached. You will find out if you are God's elect or nonelect.
Also this is gospel that needs to be preached.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Most churches have gone apostate. (falling away where they won't endure sound doctrine).

John Piper and John Macarthur. https://testallthings.com/2010/05/31/when-is-the-rapture/

After the true gospel is preached. You will find out if you are God's elect or nonelect.
Also this is gospel that needs to be preached.
Your link goes to an article written by Tony Warren, not John Piper or John Macarthur.

Get some integrity, if you please.

As for God's words, they will indeed by fulfilled. Your interpretation of them may or may not. Don't confuse the two.

Jun 12, 2021
Your link goes to an article written by Tony Warren, not John Piper or John Macarthur.

Get some integrity, if you please.

As for God's words, they will indeed by fulfilled. Your interpretation of them may or may not. Don't confuse the two.
I didn't say it was from John Piper or John Macarthur. You just assume that...

G

Godsgirl83

Well, from going back and re-reading your post,
you throw in the names "John Piper and John MacArthur" followed by a link.

So, why would you mention names if you were not intending to suggest that this article was written by them, or that they are some way connected to it?

How do those 2 names fit in with what you were saying either BEFORE the link or in any way related to link?

Mar 4, 2020
After God gave me the Holy Spirit, by read the 10 commandments, I found proof that TV, movies, watching sports (violence like football, covet their lives and they are idols), novels, music, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons and Christian music words that gives messages.
Honestly I can't fault anything you've said. That doesn't mean I agree with it all, but I'm glad it's working for you. If you feel convictions to avoid media sources (TV, Internet, radio, video games, etc) then more power to you.

We agree that much of it is corrupt and that unless we are firmly-grounded in the truth they can lead us astray. However, someone correctly pointed out that it is not external things that defile, but the things that originate in our heart.

So stay firmly grounded in the truth. Much of what is cleverly disguised as "entertainment" is actually artfully-crafted propaganda disguised to push an agenda that often isn't apparent to the casual viewer.

It is possible that well-meaning people, even the elect, can be deceived by secular media. That being said, many false teachers and false prophets are in the world who can also deceive the elect of God with heresies that gradually supplant the truth with lies. If we aren't vigilant in all things we can become ensared.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
It's a reasonable assumption from your post. Perhaps you can explain why you included their names if it wasn't to imply that the link was to their material.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
I disagree with your belief about TV, movies, watching sports , novels, music, video games and computer games. I don’t see them as sins.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
In the old days when a storm came the phones still worked. When TV's were analog and everyone had antennas we new what was going on. At times we now go a few days with no service and when we call they tell us a tower is down. A day is coming and the phones will not work and when we try to stream the news it will buff and buff and buff.

Maybe if we put it in a window it will pick up something, if not lets try the window on the other side of the house. Maybe we could walk out in the yard and it will connect. It's been three days since mom called I hope shes okay. All of the children stream everything and so if they don't have a signal they don't know whats going on. Will they come to our house and so we should just wait or should we go to their house? Should we drive down to our parents and check on them or wait and see if the kids come and our grandchildren?

I wonder what happened was it an invasion from Russia or China? No honey I bet it's just another one of those ransom hackers and they hacked the grid or something. I tried the radio in the car but all I could get was static. What if it's Yellowstone erupting, should we go down to Mexico? No honey we have to stay here and wait until the kids call or come then we'll go get your mom and dad and my parents.

Did you hear the gennerator come on when the lights went off? No, but mabye it's gotta be off a while and then it will kick on. If it dont come on pretty soon I'll collect water in somthing before the pressure starts to drop. How much gas is in the car? Well I was going to fill it tomarrow on the way home but theres enough to run it long enough to chage the cell phones a few times, I think I have some in the can from when I mowed the other day....

jb

Feb 27, 2010

Your recipe of avoidance of the things you've listed is a sure way to produce a hard legalistic loveless character in the person who holds such a view!

Granted, there is content in the things you have listed that can be harmful for a Christian to watch/participate in, however, there is content that is not.

I suggest you use some common sense and get a life!

Unearthed

May 18, 2021

In Him,
bluto
Very good question.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
HatedForNoReason, I basically agree. I don't know if I would categorically say they're all sinful but they can be. However, they're a huge waste of time and can influence people in a worldly way. In a sense, loving these things is nothing short of idolatry.

Today's Christians are so steeped in all of these they're completely oblivious to how they're being influenced and how these things hold a person back from totally following the Lord. They live in a state of lukewarmness and can't see it. Even if they can see it they don't have a clue how to get out of it.

I don't judge people for this but I'm not afraid to warn them. I pray and hope people will listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.