153 fish

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Sardine?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Grouper

My dad told me these fish get up to 400 or so pounds and are quite large. He scuba dived and told me they were pretty harmless but they do swallow their food whole kind of like catfish...unlike catfish (I think) their gills and mouth create a vacuum to pull prey in. Maybe that's where the Hoover idea came from? ;)

Wikipedia says that a certain type of grouper has been measured at 880 lbs and almost 8 feet (2.43m)

I'd certainly like to swim with such a fish if I ever end up scuba diving.

Might get snapped but that's what came to mind :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish? I've only ever caught a common fish that is tasty with tartar sauce and has already been mentioned here (feline phish).

I digress.

I don't think anyone's said Guppy yet.
Snap (#14) for red fish, blue fish.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish? I've only ever caught a common fish that is tasty with tartar sauce and has already been mentioned here (feline phish).

I digress.

I don't think anyone's said Guppy yet.
I make my own tartar sauce. Oh yeah, always got to have lemon.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sprat

tourist the coastguard is watching you fishing without a licence..or even any bait. You havent even caught anything yet have you? :D

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
fish stocks are running low and I havent reached my magic quota yet.

Lord we need more fish!

Like St Peter's Fish

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
fish stocks are running low and I havent reached my magic quota yet.

Lord we need more fish!

Like St Peter's Fish
Yeah! St. Peter's fish. It's actually a kind of tilapia found in the Sea of Galilee. I've read all these restaurants along the coast serve the fish to guests, Maybe they'll find a shekel in its mouth.

Next:
Harlequin Cod

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
A search yields "an eel"...Is there some sort of fish by this name also?

Tarpon

There's a place called Tarpon springs in FL and since someone I know fishes there occasionally I figured that was likely a distinct fish as well. Woo :)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
A search yields "an eel"...Is there some sort of fish by this name also?

Tarpon

There's a place called Tarpon springs in FL and since someone I know fishes there occasionally I figured that was likely a distinct fish as well. Woo :)
eel is a kind of fish...you dont think so?

anyway...I like the sound of this one ...wahoo

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
eel is a kind of fish...you dont think so?

anyway...I like the sound of this one ...wahoo
Yes I wonder where that name originated lol. A brief search suggests that there is no known reason but since it was discovered in Hawaii and Oahu sounds fairly similar that's probably how it came about :p

apparently it's also known as a barracuda so...mini-snap?

hmm... seems like I'll get snapped for this but...Carp!

Also, would it be against the rules to post a current list?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yes I wonder where that name originated lol. A brief search suggests that there is no known reason but since it was discovered in Hawaii and Oahu sounds fairly similar that's probably how it came about :p

apparently it's also known as a barracuda so...mini-snap?

hmm... seems like I'll get snapped for this but...Carp!

Also, would it be against the rules to post a current list?
snap! post #10 said carp

haha
whats on your list? bring it on but you may get snapped more!

I'm not certain anyone said anchovy but I am putting it out there.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
snap! post #10 said carp

haha
whats on your list? bring it on but you may get snapped more!

I'm not certain anyone said anchovy but I am putting it out there.
A list of all fish named so far.