2,000 years old

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
LOL...Is this a joke? There is nothing to even debate here. I'm sure everyone everywhere will agree that the world is over 2000 years old. Heck it's already 2019 AD....So if it is only 2000 years old is the BC time period in history just a fairy tale....LOL

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I did love all the pics and the light show here, though....lol(y)

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Ok i think this is the last millenium. Who wants to bet?

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Your probably right. All the signs point to it being close to the end and I really don't know how much longer this world can last....

But still they've been saying that since Jesus was crucified, so...????

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
I don’t know, i lost count

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Maybe it'd be easier just to go back to the light show....1, 2, BOOM

Feb 24, 2019
I could imagine Creation is like a great big movie.

And anyone who was in that movie, whether first scene or last, nonetheless was in that movie!
And that's all of us.
And Adam couldn't say he was before Peter, or any of us.
The only date to count by is the release date of the movie, and in that light, we are all as old as Adam.
That is, if we see ourselves as part of God's Creation and not as an individual, separate entity.

Anyway, I just cancelled my pension that I would be able to get in about 5 years time.
I think God is going to wrap this whole thing up in days rather than years. ( but i advise no-one - only He knows the day! )

When the last egg has hatched, there really is no reason to sit on the nest anymore!

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Because i won’t be alive in the third millenium that’s for sure.

GHClarkII

Mar 20, 2019
The Bible does not give us an age of the earth. Counting back genealogy doesn't give you an accurate number. In Jewish genealogy it is not important to list every person in a lineage, this can easily be shown by read extrabiblical sources and even from the gospel.

This however does not mean that the earth is billions of years old. Radiometric dating methods have been shown to have insane discrepancies even within themselves. The moral of this appears to be that God is not concerned with telling us how old the earth is. He did not say, and no known scientific practice appears to give valid results.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
old... really old...It's like as old as the dirt....lol

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Today I realized the earth is really 2,000 years old. I thought it was more than that.
Biblically speaking, the earth is 6000+ years old as we know it today.

Genesis 1:1,2
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Now, this was before God said "Let there be light", and evening and morning the first day. The bible does not state the actual age of the earth but only records what has happened since God said those words. The earth and the universe could be millions or billions of years old but that would not contradict the bible because any time span involved before God spoke the light into existence.