2020 A better choice?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SpoonJuly

In 2016 I refused to vote for Hillary or Trump. Neither were worthy of my vote.
I am glad Hillary lost but do not see Trump as the "Christian" savior of our nation that many do.
While Trump has done a few, very few, things I approve of, I see him as a very vile, self centered man.
I see nothing to cause me to believe He is a Christian.

Don't see any one running yet that I deserves my vote. Hope that changes. Hope we have a better choice.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
There hasn't been anyone worthy of voting for in a good long while.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Based on the current field of candidates it looks like 'none of the above' .

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Choices:

I ran into a guy in a 7-11 that had a very hungry child in tow, but he didn't have enough money to feed him properly.

He had just enough money to buy 1 piece of junk food.

He was standing there in the aisle, complaining about how all the junk food was bad, and none of it was "worthy of his money."

He then raised the question to me, like I was supposed to agree with him.

I said, "Well, you could probably read the labels, and find whatever junk food is LESS BAD, and then buy that so your kid won't starve. But if you're too busy being self-righteous to buy your kid some food... then I guess your kid deserves to starve."

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Continued...

When all your choices seem bad, that is the WORST time to stand by and do nothing.

S

SpoonJuly

Continued...

When all your choices seem bad, that is the WORST time to stand by and do nothing.

That is why I am working very hard at the local and state level to elect people of good moral values.
That is also why I say "none of the above" when I am only offered a choice of people with no moral values.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Voting "none of the above" is to rise to the heroic level of COMPLETE INACTION... while trying to make it sound virtuous.

But it's a free country.
People who don't vote are still free to have their own opinions... for now.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Lesser of 2 Evils:

1. In normal day-to-day life, we are commonly confronted with opposing choices, neither of which we may like.

2. In normal day-to-day life, we accept that choices have to be made, and we FREQUENTLY and COMMONLY pick whatever choice is "less bad."

3. We do this all the time.

4. It is perfectly logical, and rational, to consider two choices we dislike, and pick the one which is "less bad", and which will do us "less harm."

5. We do this all the time in normal daily life.

6. This kind of decision making is normal; we do it daily, and it's perfectly rational and perfectly simple.

6. However, when it comes to politics, suddenly everyone is such a sublime paragon of virtue they can no longer make simple, rational decisions.

It's quite ridiculous.

S

SpoonJuly

Voting "none of the above" is to rise to the heroic level of COMPLETE INACTION... while trying to make it sound virtuous.

But it's a free country.

In my opinion, we have come to this point in our country because people continued to vote for the lesser of two evils time and time again instead of saying enough is enough.
It is time to stand up and say NO, none of these disgusting people will get my vote.

S

SpoonJuly

Lesser of 2 Evils:

1. In normal day-to-day life, we are commonly confronted with opposing choices, neither of which we may like.

2. In normal day-to-day life, we accept that choices have to be made, and we FREQUENTLY and COMMONLY pick whatever choice is "less bad."

3. We do this all the time.

4. It is perfectly logical, and rational, to consider two choices we dislike, and pick the one which is "less bad", and which will do us "less harm."

5. We do this all the time in normal daily life.

6. This kind of decision making is normal; we do it daily, and it's perfectly rational and perfectly simple.

6. However, when it comes to politics, suddenly everyone is such a sublime paragon of virtue they can no longer make simple, rational decisions.

It's quite ridiculous.

To have to choose between the likes of Clinton and Trump as the president of this nation is what is RIDICULOUS.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
In my opinion, we have come to this point in our country because people continued to vote for the lesser of two evils time and time again instead of saying enough is enough.
It is time to stand up and say NO, none of these disgusting people will get my vote.

I'm glad you have freedom of opinion.

You are free, for the time being, to have your opinions, and do whatever you like.

I was only commenting so that people who've never thought about these things could see a logical view, rather than only an emotional view.

Will you protect MY freedom of opinion?

However, you might consider that the far left wants to remove free speech... so you'll no longer be able to even have an opinion.
In the U.K. and Canada, people are already being jailed for having the wrong opinions.

So even when you have two political choices you dislike... there is certainly a choice which is more dangerous.

Perhaps when the stakes are this high, as high as losing free speech and the rights to your opinions... maybe inaction is a bad choice.

God Bless.
I realize I was a little hard on you.
I'm not mad at you, and I'm sure you're a nice person, but I would like the readers here to think these things through.

M

Miri

I’m not from the US but you would be better to pray about it and ask
God who to vote for.

By the way God can use ungodly people to bring about his plans.
Look at Cyrus in the bible.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
To have to choose between the likes of Clinton and Trump as the president of this nation is what is RIDICULOUS.
But you are not really choosing between Clinton and Trump.

You are choosing between the PLATFORMS, or rather what they intend for POLICY.

Jesus Christ is only on the ballot to the extent of which each party get's closest to Godly values. That's it!

Would you vote for a guy that plotted, and carried out to murder a man, just so he could steal his wife, and commit adultery with her?

That's pretty bad stuff. To my knowledge Trump didn't murder anyone. But the greatest king of Israel, a man after God's own heart DID!
Now don't get me wrong, Trump is NO King David. But if you honestly examine the AWESOME accomplishments he has had, in face of democrats, the swamp, and many in the GOP, you would definitely vote for him again.

So look at the party platforms.
One pushes for the dismemberment of unborn, and now, EVEN born babies!

One pushes to abolish the family unit of ONE MAN, ONE WOMAN. Letting those that commit what the Lord says is abominable acts marry, have children, and put on the same level as a true family.

One pushes to FORCE Christians and others to participate in the celebration and recognition of these acts.

One pushes for the removal of God, and BOOS God, from THEIR platform.

I could go on and talk about economic issues, or global warming hoax issues, or social justice issues, or Supreme, and other court nominations issues, but you get the idea.

The other party, although certainly not as pure as the wind driven snow in their platform, pushes NONE of that.

So forget about the INDIVIDUAL, and look to what the individual wants to DO through their partys platform.

cobalt1959

Feb 10, 2019

But it's a free country.

No, it is not. When confronted with two choices and both are bad, it is only a complete fool that actually chooses one. The secular world has no moral mandate to make a moral choice, since morals are unimportant to them. A Christian doesn't get that pass. SpoonJuly didn't say he voted for no one. He said he did not vote for either of the two morally-flawed candidates we were offered. Neither did I. Both Hillary and Trump are hugely morally-challenged, just in different areas of their life. So both were a poor choice. A Christian is supposed to say "No" to moral compromise wherever the concept presents itself. The country got to where it is today because people telling everyone who would listen they were "Christian" compromised their values every time it became politically, or socially acceptable to do so. Every time you compromise, spiritually, you lose. Your argument sounds suspiciously close to some of my friends and family telling me I was required to vote for Trump because he was so "godly."

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Let us be duly reminded of governmental authorities whom God has placed
over us for our protection and well being...true, often to be doubtful or not
pleased, but are they not our earthly authorities...does not God's 'Inspiration'
warn of 'rebelling against that which God has instituted...'to be'.

'Praise God'

Attachments

S

SpoonJuly

I'm glad you have freedom of opinion.

You are free, for the time being, to have your opinions, and do whatever you like.

I was only commenting so that people who've never thought about these things could see a logical view, rather than only an emotional view.

Will you protect MY freedom of opinion?

However, you might consider that the far left wants to remove free speech... so you'll no longer be able to even have an opinion.
In the U.K. and Canada, people are already being jailed for having the wrong opinions.

So even when you have two political choices you dislike... there is certainly a choice which is more dangerous.

Perhaps when the stakes are this high, as high as losing free speech and the rights to your opinions... maybe inaction is a bad choice.

God Bless.
I realize I was a little hard on you.
I'm not mad at you, and I'm sure you're a nice person, but I would like the readers here to think these things through.
Did not feel you were hard on me at all.
While you and others see one choice more dangerous than the other, I see both dangerous. Maybe in different ways, but both dangerous.

It seems that many expect a president to do more, good or bad, than he is allowed by law to do.
Seems presidents are often given more credit for the good that happens and more blame for the bad.
This is why I believe the election of congressmen and senators may be more important than the president.

And by the way, I will fight for OUR freedom of speech, worship, and living as we choose.
I may have to vote for Trump in 2020, but I really hope I am given a BETTER CHOICE.

S

SpoonJuly

"Bitterness is known in the Bible as spiritual poison and a means by which many are defiled."
'Praise God.
Not bitter, just very disappointed in the choice offered.

S

SpoonJuly

"Let us be duly reminded of governmental authorities whom God has placed
over us for our protection and well being...true, often to be doubtful or not
pleased, but are they not our earthly authorities...does not God's 'Inspiration'
warn of 'rebelling against that which God has instituted...'to be'.

'Praise God'
Trump was elected president according to the law and I respect the law.
But, often God has allowed men to have the leader THEY choose, not the one HE would choose.
Remember Israel and Saul? Saul was never God's chose.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Trump was elected president according to the law and I respect the law.
But, often God has allowed men to have the leader THEY choose, not the one HE would choose.
Remember Israel and Saul? Saul was never God's chose.
Sorry to disagree with you but God DID choose AND anoint Saul.

Saul certainly wasn't in sight of foreknowledge who God KNEW, and raised up to be King, but He did choose Saul.