229 Christian Missionaries in Afghanistan Sentenced to Death

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This is sad news indeed, and I am very sorry to learn of it. If anyone had any doubts about Islam being a religion of peace, perhaps this will clear it up for them.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Geez... should I pray for the judgment of these Taliban SOBs???

I have been praying this: That those destined to be saved get saved, but that they all pay, at least, a temporal price.

Aug 4, 2021
Makes me wonder if they martyr themselves. If they are locals or foreign. Our foreign department arranged for evacuation of non essential nationals some time ago. Only military stayed to protect an airport. Pressconference now, I expect our secretary of state to state that they are also evacuated now. It is weird if other nations have not withdrawn personel to Kabul early on and have evacuationplans in place. If this is afghan missionaries, I do not understand that they have not gotten asylum.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
"..has just taken Qaragosh.." (OP)
It seems that 'Qaragosh' is in Iraq..
---
"Christian persecution is 'set to rise'..after Taliban takeover."
"Please pray for Christians in Afghanistan."
Christian News
----
Iraq & Afghanistan are 'restricted' countries.
- 'Severe persecution'..
Open Doors USA

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Dear Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus Christ,

HELP!! Show Yourself strong in Your people. May Your people know nothing but peace and have no fear of the enemy.

Father, we ask that You send Your Mighty Army of the Most High God with flaming swords of Your Fire drawn ready to defend Your people and execute Your justice in Iraq.

Protect and deliver them as You protected Elijah....send Your Fire from Heaven and devour all the enemy that rises up against Your people, called by Your Name, and filled with Your Holy Spirit - they have received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and King.

Fill the hearts and minds of the enemy with the fear of the LORD, cause them to tremble even at the mention of Your Name - Jesus Christ.

Let the True God of the followers of Jesus Christ be exalted and praised in Iraq, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.

To Your glory Father God, raise Your Banner over Your people....Your Banner of Love, to Your glory Father! :love:

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Okay America was in Afghanistan for 21 years and didn't accomplish anything?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
so very bad
I recall one of our church members went to Afganhistan a few years ago working as a nurse and she told us about the conditions of the hospital there and they way people live, even when not controlled by Taliban it was pretty dire that they dont know God

You have to operate somewhat undercover if you want to be a missionary in a closed country. But if its Gods mission to spread the gospel its not going to fail whether you come out alive or not. Spare a thought for the christians in afghansitan who ARENT missionaries. Missionaries are an easy target because they are foreign and easily identifiable.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
I apologize for not checking the source before posting (did search twitter just to be safe and saw one and thought it was legit).
I received the "news" via text from an old friend, shared with others including here, and prayed.
Only comfort is that most praying was done in the Spirit so nothing was lost.
It also promted me to think about missionaries out there risking their lives while praying, and where do I stand in my own faith.
My sister sent me the same text next morning and thought that was funny and encouraging at the same time as how we Christians come to support for each other when we face situations like that.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Let's just stop for a moment and realise that anyone in Afghanistan who opposes Taliban will be persecuted. It's a tragedy whether they are Christians or not.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Let's just stop for a moment and realise that anyone in Afghanistan who opposes Taliban will be persecuted. It's a tragedy whether they are Christians or not.
Breno, I agree fully with your post. However, it is clear that the Afghan people were more than willing to have American soldiers defend them, at risk of American soldiers lives, but they had no will at all to defend themselves at the risk of their own lives. Threw down their weapons and ran away. The Taliban retook Afghanistan without a shot being fired.

Most Americans absolutely don't want their children to serve in the military, much less Afghanistan. If you are adamant on having Americans lay down their lives for the Afghan people, I suggest you join the military or have your children do so. And then lobby the government to reenter Afghanistan.

I'm not a fan at all of Joe Biden, but it was time to get out of Afghanistan. No more American lives, let the Afghans fight for their rights. But the Afghans aren't interested in doing that.

None of this has anything to do with the original thread. The original post was a hoax, not true, in essence a lie. No matter the situation in Afghanistan, there is no reason to inflame the situation with untruths.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
I apologize for not checking the source before posting (did search twitter just to be safe and saw one and thought it was legit).
I received the "news" via text from an old friend, shared with others including here, and prayed.
Only comfort is that most praying was done in the Spirit so nothing was lost.
It also promted me to think about missionaries out there risking their lives while praying, and where do I stand in my own faith.
My sister sent me the same text next morning and thought that was funny and encouraging at the same time as how we Christians come to support for each other when we face situations like that.
No worries, you learned a valuable lesson. You at least have the integrity to own up to your mistakes. Many people love to post misinformation from other unreliable "news" sources without fact checking their information. When presented with information that debunks their claim, they resort to name calling and mud slinging. This is a spirit of contention and not a fruitful spirit. God bless and thank you for being a mentally mature human being.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Breno, I agree fully with your post. However, it is clear that the Afghan people were more than willing to have American soldiers defend them, at risk of American soldiers lives, but they had no will at all to defend themselves at the risk of their own lives. Threw down their weapons and ran away. The Taliban retook Afghanistan without a shot being fired.

Most Americans absolutely don't want their children to serve in the military, much less Afghanistan. If you are adamant on having Americans lay down their lives for the Afghan people, I suggest you join the military or have your children do so. And then lobby the government to reenter Afghanistan.

I'm not a fan at all of Joe Biden, but it was time to get out of Afghanistan. No more American lives, let the Afghans fight for their rights. But the Afghans aren't interested in doing that.

None of this has anything to do with the original thread. The original post was a hoax, not true, in essence a lie. No matter the situation in Afghanistan, there is no reason to inflame the situation with untruths.
My post had zero political inclination. I'm not laying blame on anyone. I haven't read or heard anything what happened with Afghan military and how this escalated so quickly. All I'm supposing is that they either fled or joined the Taliban or Taliban had infiltrated their military.
It all seems like they were just waiting for the day all Western military pulled out.

It's a tragedy that their own forces failed/refused to defend themselves.

It's a tragedy that people were so desperate to escape that they fell from planes.

It's a tragedy that women are throwing their babies over barb wire fences.

It's a tragedy that men are being murdered, women raped and children being forced into wedlock.

Aug 20, 2021
It's god who decides who wins remember that there's always a reason

Aug 20, 2021
i remember what r motive was surppose to b early on.I know r Goverments motives is not always one of honor.I think many in that county did not see us as Heros maybe even a majority.Do u know? or is it mostly proprogada?Goverments of the world r not righteous and do lie from time to time..Just something to think about...peace