3 days of darkness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 23, 2023
Why r there so many people talking about the 3 days of darkness when I don’t see it in the Bible

May 24, 2023
Why r there so many people talking about the 3 days of darkness when I don’t see it in the Bible
Three days of darkness is one of the Plagues of Egypt found in Exodus 10. If they are meaning the darkness during Jesus' crucifixion however, then perhaps they have misread Luke 23 which describes three hours of darkness rather than days, and so perhaps they have misread or conflated the two events and chapters.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭10:21-22‬ ‭

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
These are all I could find about 'days of darkness,' in God's Word Of Truth:

Exo_10:22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:

Ecc_11:8 But if a man live many years, and rejoice in them all; yet let him remember the days of darkness; for they shall be many. All that cometh is vanity.

Possibly, many may try "read the three days into" these future prophetic passages?:

Joel 2:1-2 ...for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness...

Zep 1:15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

Mat_24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun
be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall​
from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:​
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then​
shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see The SON of​
man coming in the clouds of heaven with Power and Great Glory.​

I'm not sure that 'kind of reading' changing 'a day' into 'three days' is
Permitted ( 'Approved' ) By God? What think ye?

Amen.