3-ingredient Peanut-butter fudge!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
For those that are dairy-free and gluten-free, this recipe is allergy-friendly. :) For those who are allergic to peanuts, I apologize. This is obviously not the recipe for you. Anyways....here we go!! :D

So, when I make my peanut butter fudge, I don't do much measuring. I just do what looks good. haha though, every time I make it, it's a huge hit! So I'm gonna take some educated guesses. :) If you think something doesn't look right or taste right, feel free to tweak the recipe. :D But I promise, you can trust me for the most part. Here's my (educated guess) recipe:

About 1/2 to 3/4 cup of peanut butter

Exactly two tablespoons of (I use hard, and you can use dairy-free butter, but since I can have butter even though I'm mostly dairy-free, I use regular) butter (this is something I can manage to measure out since there's little measurement things on the side :p)

1 (if not 2) cups of powdered sugar.

---

Now for the preparation!!!

1. After you've measured out the butter and peanut butter, put the butter and peanut butter in the microwave until the hard butter is melted (I usually do around 45 seconds to a minute and a half...but microwave strength will vary and you need to keep a close eye on it so it doesn't splatter all over the place in your very lovely microwave).

2. After the peanut butter and butter is all melted, stir it for a little bit until the ingredients are mixed fairly thoroughly.

3. After you've mixed everything, SLOWLY mix (by hand with a large metal or wooden spoon) in your powdered sugar. Don't put in a whole bunch at one time. So measure out everything in little bits. I cannot emphasize how important it is to add your powdered sugar in slowly. It saves you a lot of arm ache.

4. Make sure there are no powdered sugar clumps in your fudge when you're done!

NOTE:

If you have too hard of a time mixing your powdered sugar in, add a little bit of melted butter in it.

To make sure you have all the clumps of powdered sugar mixed in, what you gotta do is take a little bit of your mixture at a time and press it up against the side of the bowl and look to see if there's any white clumps. If there is, just press and fold your mixture. Gets rid of the clumps fairly decently.

This can get hard to stir and get all powdered sugar clumps out. But it takes less than half an hour to get done. And for the most part, it doesn't need refrigerating or time to set.

Though this may not be the world's easiest recipe, I've been told I make the BEST peanut butter fudge. :) (not trying to sound cocky or over confident over here :p)

If anyone has ANY questions, PLEASE post them! I'll be happy to answer them!! If you have any comments on how I can improve this recipe or if you have problems with it, PLEASE post them!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Wow. That's some rich fudge!

I did have a hard time getting out all the lumps of powdered sugar. In fact, they never did leave. :p Maybe it would have been better to sift the sugar first? Do you sift it before you use it, Lil?

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Wow. That's some rich fudge!

I did have a hard time getting out all the lumps of powdered sugar. In fact, they never did leave. :p Maybe it would have been better to sift the sugar first? Do you sift it before you use it, Lil?
Nope, I've never sifted it. But y'know, I've never thought of doing that...that's a GREAT idea actually. I think next time I make it I'll try sifting it to see if it makes it easier :)

But I hope either way you liked it :) (fudge is kinda supposed to be rich ;) lol)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Popclick, you just use non-lumping powdered sugar. It's a little more expensive but worth the cost. :D

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Popclick, you just use non-lumping powdered sugar. It's a little more expensive but worth the cost. :D
It might save you lots of arm ache :p

It'd be so much better if you could use a mixer, but you can't with this kinda mixture. (I typically just use a whisk anyways when I can because mixers are sooooo annoyingly loud I hate it. Plus depending on the kinda mixture I can have a super hard time keeping control of it and I end up getting more on the backsplash and counter than in the bowl at times :eek: )

Last edited:

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Ah, yeah. It is pretty thick. Maybe a food processor would get the job done?

S

StephenH

I'll have to try this sometime - I know a few people who have to eat gluten free at church and I'm sure they'd love to have another option at a future get-together where food is served. Thanks!