3 year old Kentucky toddler found alive

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
But then again maybe the child did just wander off. I know children can sometimes wonder off and get lost, even if you take your eyes off them for only a few seconds. So I will be interested in seeing the findings in this case.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I also wondered why the dad wasn't out looking for him. If it would have been my child, then there is no way I would have been sitting at home.

The KY State Police is still investigating, and I am interested in learning what their findings will be. It is strange that a child that age just walked out into the mountains alone. Where were his parents and why were they not watching him? Or worse yet did someone take him out there and leave him? I don't know, but it sounds a little strange to me.
If I'm remembering correctly, the article said the parents looked for him for an hour before calling the police. But you're right, I would be out looking. I couldn't sleep or stay home waiting.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
But then again maybe the child did just wander off. I know children can sometimes wonder off and get lost, even if you take your eyes off them for only a few seconds. So I will be interested in seeing the findings in this case.
One of my daughters kept figuring out how to get out of the house. it only took a moment of me stepping into the bathroom or turning my back. One time the neighbor brought her back home. sigh.
We ended up having to put extra locks up high on the doors.
At any rate, kids move fast when they want to!

G

Godsgirl83

Also, I don't mean to be negative but the fire department assistant chief seemed to show more emotion about the 2-year-old being lost and found than the father. The dad said he was "Tickled to death" that his son was found "Best thing that ever happened" to him.
I know guys tend to not be as...emotional...as women, but I expected something more from him. I mean, the assistant chief...a male stranger... CRIED.
Is it just me, or does it seem like the dad just wasn't as, um, concerned? Or is it just the way this article was reported?
It may just be the way it was reported. Often things are over or underplayed in reports, and for people in service jobs (first responders, Chiefs) they see so much of the negative, and unsolved cases that one being solved/found, esp as quickly as he was is much a relief, espically if he's a father/grandfather.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We, as belonging to Him, must build up and not tear down. If they are strong in the faith and it seems they are, and we should give the benefit of that belief, they knew after they searched for an hour it was best to call it in and go to prayer, they could do more with Jesus helping than on their own.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
We, as belonging to Him, must build up and not tear down. If they are strong in the faith and it seems they are, and we should give the benefit of that belief, they knew after they searched for an hour it was best to call it in and go to prayer, they could do more with Jesus helping than on their own.
Yes, we should put faith in Jesus. Sorry though, but just sitting in a warm house while your babies out in the cold lost just don't sound right to me. You can be praying while your out searching.

Mary and Joseph even went searching for Jesus and he was twelve years old and they knew he was the Son of God. Yet, they still went searching for him because he was their child.

Jesus was never in danger and we know that but this child was in grave danger. So I'm sorry but the parents were responsible and they should've been out searching.

And yeah, they did well by calling the police, I never said they should search on their own, but they should've been right out there searching with the others for their child not sitting at home in warmth and comfort (praying if they even were) while he was out in the cold dark mountains wandering helplessly.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I know people deal with things differently, but I'm just blunt. They had to call the dad at home and tell him they found his son and then he wanted them to send him a picture to make sure it was his son....I mean really, how many 2 yrs old do you think are out roaming in the mountains of KY by themselves? I would say, most likely, none ever, but this child. The child was less than half a mile behind his house so why in the world didn't he take off to get there as fast as he could. Just some questions, I've got about it anyhow. Still it will be interesting to see the police findings on this case.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"Judge not lest you be judged"
Is "blunt" coming from Jesus? The Fruit of the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, etc."
Living to oneself produces the opposite, which in this case would be "blunt".
Perhaps his bride was not able to assist and needed the support at home, perhaps Jesus would direct you to be out looking and in this case directed the father to be with her in prayer. Jesus didn't go to Lazarus right away, He tarried 2 days, would you have judged Jesus with the same measure? We know He was without sin, should we impute sin to Him? We know He did the will of the Father, and He is our model of how to live.
Lets do the same here as we are called to do and give thanks lest we bring trouble to our own houses through disobedience.
Blessings

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Sorry dude if these are members of your family or something. Faith without works is dead, though. We were none called to sit around and pray and do nothing else. If someone is cold, naked, or hungry are you supposed to tell them to depart and you will pray for them or are you supposed to help them. This goes for all of us, and in this situation especially that child's parents.

Still seems really odd to me that the dad needed a picture to confirm it was his child. He seemed sure that the child was dead and could not have been found alive....Is it possible that he or someone else took the child in the mountains and left him on the edge of that cliff? We can't be naive in such matters. Now I'm not saying that he did, but this is still under investigation by the State Police.

If I can get my camera to work I'm going to take a picture of the view of the mountains from my back yard and post it to show how hard it would be for a child that is 1 yr and 10 months old to maneuver through the mountains in KY. The news crew could not even get to the place where the child was so it's a little hard to believe he got there all by himself. But hey anything is possible.

It is fully daylight here, but the mountains are still dark. In the night you cannot even see your hand in front of your face with out some type of light. My son was asking me just the other day why the mountains here looked like a jungle. They are overgrown with brush and have rocks and jagged cliffs hanging out every where, fallen trees in the way, so it is really hard to imagine a baby making it's way through the mountains. Also, it is warm now, but when the child was lost, temperatures reached freezing during the night and it's even colder on top of a mountain. So how the parents could be sitting at home in comfort praying knowing their baby was lost in the cold dark mountains is beyond me. Just saying.....

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
"Judge not lest you be judged"
Is "blunt" coming from Jesus? The Fruit of the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, etc."
Living to oneself produces the opposite, which in this case would be "blunt".
Perhaps his bride was not able to assist and needed the support at home, perhaps Jesus would direct you to be out looking and in this case directed the father to be with her in prayer. Jesus didn't go to Lazarus right away, He tarried 2 days, would you have judged Jesus with the same measure? We know He was without sin, should we impute sin to Him? We know He did the will of the Father, and He is our model of how to live.
Lets do the same here as we are called to do and give thanks lest we bring trouble to our own houses through disobedience.
Blessings
Oh and in case you didn't notice Jesus was blunt, as well...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Without acting bitter and hateful, He is our model.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
And another thing, If you think because someone from Kentucky says God was sure with us means they are saved and were praying then you really need to learn the KY dialect. Someone can get drunk or stoned go out driving, wreck, and wrap their car around a tree or shoot up too much meth and almost OD and when asked they'll say I'm not saved but the Good Lord was sure with me that night.

Also that was a very small town. Where everyone knows everyone so if the police are investigating there may be good reason such as a family history, etc.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Without acting bitter and hateful, He is our model.
Who's acting bitter and hateful?

Look dude, I actually just came on here to thank God for this miracle that the child was found and is alright. But you still gotta use a little wisdom with judgement. To say thank God the kids alright, no need for an investigation is not using wisdom in my opinion.

I didn't really want to have to say all the things I did here, but seems like you were instructing people to just thank God and turn a blind eye.

Anyhow, I hope this was all just an accident, but it still needs investigated...That's all I'm saying here.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"I didn't really want to have to say all the things I did here, but seems like you were instructing people to just thank God and turn a blind eye."

Not at all, and am not going to participate in discord.
Please continue then to give thanks.
bye

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Remember when Jesus was separated from His parents and they had to go back and find Him? Luke 2-44- "Assuming He was in their company, they traveled on for a day before they began to look for Him among their relatives and friends. "

Are we to lambaste God for giving the Holy One of Israel defective, negligent parents?
I give thanks and rejoice for this return of the child.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Remember when Jesus was separated from His parents and they had to go back and find Him? Luke 2-44- "Assuming He was in their company, they traveled on for a day before they began to look for Him among their relatives and friends. "

Are we to lambaste God for giving the Holy One of Israel defective, negligent parents?
I think the point was that Jesus's parents looked for him and didn't give up looking. That's what parents do. The father in this article looked for an hour and then called the police (I would do the same) but then it sounds like Daddy went home and just waited (which I, personally, could never do...I'd HAVE to be out looking).

Nobody is saying Mary and Joseph were negligent parents.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016

I don't understand where the above (bold) statement is coming from. I wasn't trying to imply that Mary and Joseph were negligent parents at all. Gen's post, above, is spot on with my thoughts on this incident.

I am thankful to God that the child was not harmed, and do consider this to be a miracle from God.

This seems to be a touchy subject for you. So I would like to apologize if I have offended you.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
not touchy, wanting to reduce the rancor directed at the parents.