33 y/o Christian Male in Massachusetts... Find someone?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Woodsrun

Apr 29, 2020
So how do you all do it? My state is fairly difficult to find fellow Christians. Not really able to date within the church as there really isn’t anyone there in my (we will say range for lack of a better word).
I’ve tried online sites, and most of them have awful or fake people. It’s like pulling teeth.
Obviously staying in the word and prayer, I know God will bring someone to me, but I it isn’t going to just drop through my roof while I’m sitting on my couch haha. And let’s be honest... this isn’t 1955, you don’t go to the grocery store to pick up the ladies.

Any advice?

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Welcome to Cc! Hang around here long enough and you're sure to make some lasting friendships and you never know... you might actually meet someone here youd be interested in. It doesn't happen for everyone but it has for a few.

Woodsrun

Apr 29, 2020
Welcome to Cc! Hang around here long enough and you're sure to make some lasting friendships and you never know... you might actually meet someone here youd be interested in. It doesn't happen for everyone but it has for a few.
Thanks for the kind welcome :). That was a part of my reason for finding this group. That and I would like to surround myself with more fellow Christians.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hi Woodsrun,

Although Christian Chat isn't an official dating site, we do try to help people meet each other and become friends, and whatever happens after that is up to God and them. :)

We have a thread going right now -- The DIY Matchmaking Thread -- that isn't meant to be anything super serious, but just a fun way to get to know each other.

There's a poll in which you can share your hobbies and interests, and post #2 in the thread gives a list of information you might want to share about yourself when answering the thread (though we recommend not sharing anything too personal on the general forum, which is searchable to the rest of the internet.)

You can also read a bit about the other members here. As Pipp said, the best way to get to know people is to read, write, or participate in threads that interest you.

Nice to meet you!

Woodsrun

Apr 29, 2020
Hi Woodsrun,

Although Christian Chat isn't an official dating site, we do try to help people meet each other and become friends, and whatever happens after that is up to God and them. :)

We have a thread going right now -- The DIY Matchmaking Thread -- that isn't meant to be anything super serious, but just a fun way to get to know each other.

There's a poll in which you can share your hobbies and interests, and post #2 in the thread gives a list of information you might want to share about yourself when answering the thread (though we recommend not sharing anything too personal on the general forum, which is searchable to the rest of the internet.)

You can also read a bit about the other members here. As Pipp said, the best way to get to know people is to read, write, or participate in threads that interest you.

Nice to meet you!
Pleasure to meet you as well! And yes I totally agree that the main point of this site isn’t for specifics in dating. I definitely can’t wait to be a part of the discussion and study of scripture.
Thank you for the information! I will check that out!

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
My fiance wasnt Christian when i met him. The he came to church with me and didnt take long for him to become a believer.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
welcome to cc! i'm sure you'll meet a lot of amazing people here in the forums. comment/posts in the threads so others may get to know you and vice versa. as for the singles forum, some of us are married folk who enjoy the conversations. fellowship is awesome!

Woodsrun

Apr 29, 2020
My fiance wasnt Christian when i met him. The he came to church with me and didnt take long for him to become a believer.
Yeah, sadly she is “Christian” but that’s where it stops. You are very fortunate though!

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
So how do you all do it? My state is fairly difficult to find fellow Christians. Not really able to date within the church as there really isn’t anyone there in my (we will say range for lack of a better word).
I’ve tried online sites, and most of them have awful or fake people. It’s like pulling teeth.
Obviously staying in the word and prayer, I know God will bring someone to me, but I it isn’t going to just drop through my roof while I’m sitting on my couch haha. And let’s be honest... this isn’t 1955, you don’t go to the grocery store to pick up the ladies.

Any advice?
Don’t lose hope, stay in prayer, focus on YOUR walk with the lord, and before you know it... someone will come into your life unexpectedly and bam! You made the connect and met who you’re meant to be with.

It doesn’t happen often, but God does work in mysterious ways, just have to learn to be patient (easier said than done right?) and let him do the work. There IS someone for everyone... don’t care what anyone else says, cause God is good all the time, and it pleases him to see us (his children) happy. 😁

Btw... welcome to CC! 🤓

Woodsrun

Apr 29, 2020
Don’t lose hope, stay in prayer, focus on YOUR walk with the lord, and before you know it... someone will come into your life unexpectedly and bam! You made the connect and met who you’re meant to be with.

It doesn’t happen often, but God does work in mysterious ways, just have to learn to be patient (easier said than done right?) and let him do the work. There IS someone for everyone... don’t care what anyone else says, cause God is good all the time, and it pleases him to see us (his children) happy. 😁

Btw... welcome to CC! 🤓
Thanks a ton. You are awesome. I appreciate the community on here being so kind and welcoming. :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well you won't meet any fake people here and while it is not exactly common it is not unheard of to find love in this place. My good friend tourist and my adopted mom Jesuslives met here and got married I found love here as well but I am single now

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
There IS someone for everyone... don’t care what anyone else says, cause God is good all the time, and it pleases him to see us (his children) happy. 😁
If there is someone out there for everyone, then why do some people die single without ever finding that person?

No disrespect to you, ma'am. I just would like to hear your thoughts on that.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
If there is someone out there for everyone, then why do some people die single without ever finding that person?

Ooh heavy question time bring it on:cool: In theory there is someone for everyone out there the issue is that you can live several lifetimes and never come across them. Everyone is different and unique but at the same we as humans share traits quirks and personalities so scientifically speaking there is a person out there that would be perfect for you.
But since you could live in say texas while this person lives in the amazon the odds of finding each other are slim at best. Social networking has greatly linked the world but that still doesn't guarantee anything especially if you want to be able to get to know that person face to face instead of face time or something.

Woodsrun

Apr 29, 2020

My guess, seeing as we have free will, God gives us opportunities, and we either open the door or we close them. This is why people end up alone. Or at least one of the main reasons

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
Ooh heavy question time bring it on:cool: In theory there is someone for everyone out there the issue is that you can live several lifetimes and never come across them. Everyone is different and unique but at the same we as humans share traits quirks and personalities so scientifically speaking there is a person out there that would be perfect for you.
But since you could live in say texas while this person lives in the amazon the odds of finding each other are slim at best. Social networking has greatly linked the world but that still doesn't guarantee anything especially if you want to be able to get to know that person face to face instead of face time or something.
What he (^^^^^^^^^) said lol.

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
My guess, seeing as we have free will, God gives us opportunities, and we either open the door or we close them. This is why people end up alone. Or at least one of the main reasons

Also.. that’s why they say “speak positive, that will happen, speak negative, that will happen”. It’s true too.

Someone is out there looking for you, you just don’t know it yet 😎

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Also.. that’s why they say “speak positive, that will happen, speak negative, that will happen”. It’s true too.

Someone is out there looking for you, you just don’t know it yet 😎
Ya I have noticed how that works if I think or say something bad is going to happen it just does and I'm like seriously!? Honestly I admit it would be amazing to find the one for me but I come with baggage and complications I just fear even if I did I would only be a burden

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Any advice?
I have a habit of observing people so I can avoid the mistakes they make. I'll never have enough time in one life to make all the mistakes, so I learn from the mistakes of others.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Any advice?
I have made it a priority to observe those around me and learn from their mistakes, because I will never have enough time in one short life to make all the mistakes myself.

One mistake I have seen a LOT is when people go out looking for a partner. Every time I see someone set out to intentionally find a spouse it always ends badly. I have theories about why it always fails, but I have never proven anything. The only thing I know for sure is, the couples that meet by chance while they are going along in their normal everyday lives seem to have a much better chance of staying together than any relationship that is started intentionally.

Personally I'm happy being single until I happen to meet Ms. Right. I have a lot less drama in my life than what I see in the lives of people around me who think they have to find a partner.

"Any advice?" Just chill. Keep living life. Explore hobbies, find out who you are and what you like. When you do meet her, you'll have a real life to share with her. And if you wind up never meeting her - such things are not guaranteed - you will have a full life and no regrets.