When it comes to the book of Revelation, there are certain things that I believe God has given me very good understanding of, and there are certain things that I basically have no clue about, and you picked one from each category with your questions.
Regarding Revelation 17:8, I definitely believe that it is referring to a kingdom coming back, and I am highly certain (positive, actually) that I could not only tell you exactly what kingdom it is, but also prove my assertion from both scripture and history. That said, I really do not like having discussions about end-time prophecies publicly because I know, from vast experience, how those types of discussions go. In other words, a bunch of people inevitably disagree, and a free-for-all of sorts begins, and I am neither into strife and contention, nor do I have the time for it. Anyhow, in regard to this question, I would consider having a private discussion with you, to avoid all of the inevitable strife and contention, if that is something that you might consider yourself.
Regarding Revelation 17:10, that is probably the most confusing verse of scripture for me in the entire Bible. God only knows how many times I have prayerfully read it, prayed for understanding of it, and even read commentaries galore about it, and I honestly still am clueless as to what it truly means, so I cannot presently help you with that particular verse.