4 of Satan’s biggest lies to born-again believers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Yep. The warning and the answer

John said those born of God are unable to habitualy sin

So why do you continue to ignore what John said? And insist a child of God who has his HS in them, can habitually sin?
Forest and trees come to mind.......and the same old Phariseeical rigmarole

Dec 12, 2013
No where in I John 3:7-10 does it say that doing good works earns or maintains salvation.

Being born again, born of God - we are new creations created unto good works in Christ Jesus. Of course, we will have good works but NOT to earn or maintain our salvation. Salvation is a GIFT.

The "seed" is Christ - He is in us and we are growing more and more in Him.
Hey Laffy Duck now you know.........the one you are addressing is exactly WHY I tooth and nail with heat and sarcasm out of LOVE for the truth and men OPPOSE the false gospels that lead straight to hell..........

Dec 12, 2013
Whatever,

Your the one who does not understand..Your trying to make a simple term mean somethign it does not mean.

But then again, You do not think eternal means eternal. So it just goes to show a pattern.

And your right, You can’t help me, God already did. He saved me and adopted me as his child. He gave me every blessing under heaven.

The only thing you offer is continued death
AMEN to that........funny how he rolled in here and started peddling that religiously inept blather...........his JESUS must be as weak as they come.....NO HOPE or FAITH in his message

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
1 John 3:10
"In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God"

If you are NOT practicing righteousness, you are a child of the devil.
BC, do you think God wants me focused on "good works" or "knowing and loving Him"?

Didn't Yeshua/Jesus reprimand the Church at Ephesus because they had lost their "First Love" by being so busy busy with good works? I really don't think God is holding "good works" over us as a measuring stick.

What did Yeshua/Jesus say was the greatest commandment? Wasn't it to LOVE the Lord, our God with all our heart, mind, soul, body, and strength?

Isn't the 2nd greatest commandment to LOVE our neighbors as we love ourselves? Don't ALL the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments?

I choose FIRST LOVE, the good works will follow but, good works are NOT the FOCUS and have NOTHING to do with earning or maintaining salvation.

Salvation is a GIFT. Just receive it and give thanks to God for His Love, Mercy and Grace! Hallelujah!! Amen. :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hey Laffy Duck now you know.........the one you are addressing is exactly WHY I tooth and nail with heat and sarcasm out of LOVE for the truth and men OPPOSE the false gospels that lead straight to hell..........
Oh dc, I think you're that "whip" that Yeshua/Jesus made to drive out all the money changers from the Temple. lol! :giggle:

You can be pretty brutal at times but, you are in God's Hands and so be it according to the Father's Will. Amen. :love:(y)

E

eternally-gratefull

AMEN to that........funny how he rolled in here and started peddling that religiously inept blather...........his JESUS must be as weak as they come.....NO HOPE or FAITH in his message
I am dumbfounded at all those who profess faith and love in jesus, Yet do not trust Jesus enough to KEEP THEM and complete that good work he promised he would finish when he started that good work in them. Just as he promised he would

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
How many trillions of times do I have to repeat ...

All of your above was true INITIALLY when you were born-again (if you actually were).
However, all that you initially received must be MAINTAINED through obedience, etc.
This is type 2 works salvation. :cautious:

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
That's up to God.
How do you interpret 1 John 1:9?
Notice that - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (vs. 9) is IN CONTRAST TO - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (vs. 8) and - If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make him a liar, and his word is not in us (vs. 10).

Some people misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and "if we forget a sin we are toast!"

Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness. (y)

Children of God practice righteousness!
Children of the devil practice lawlwssness!

Pretty simple ... even I can understand it.
If you understood it so well, then you would not teach that there are children of God who practice lawlessness and lose their salvation.
*1 John 3:9 - No one who is born of God practices sin..

Jul 23, 2018
Yet another salvation thread that confuses salvation with the walk.

Its not a scorecard.

Its nor a factor.

Its not loosing out to a single sin after walking for years in holiness.

Its not salvation maintenance.

Here it is.
You get born again.
You get the H S like Jesus and Paul did.
Then you walk in power and light,and Holiness.

IF YOU SIN as a born again beliver you get before God in repentance. He cleanses and washes you in the blood.

All this formula stuff of " hey all sins past present and future are forgiven"
Is a mask.
A formula to ease the concience.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Incorporate that in the formula

Jul 23, 2018
Salvation formulas.
Thats all it is.
Salvation formulas.
I was rebuked from heaven years ago for that same concept.

Witnessing is not doctrine/formulas

You give the lost Jesus,not doctrine.

Jul 23, 2018
BC, do you think God wants me focused on "good works" or "knowing and loving Him"?

Didn't Yeshua/Jesus reprimand the Church at Ephesus because they had lost their "First Love" by being so busy busy with good works? I really don't think God is holding "good works" over us as a measuring stick.

What did Yeshua/Jesus say was the greatest commandment? Wasn't it to LOVE the Lord, our God with all our heart, mind, soul, body, and strength?

Isn't the 2nd greatest commandment to LOVE our neighbors as we love ourselves? Don't ALL the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments?

I choose FIRST LOVE, the good works will follow but, good works are NOT the FOCUS and have NOTHING to do with earning or maintaining salvation.

Salvation is a GIFT. Just receive it and give thanks to God for His Love, Mercy and Grace! Hallelujah!! Amen. :love:(y)
You are dealing with people parked on salvation.

Anyone in minisrty involving "works" rolleyes is in "danger" rolleyes of salvation by works"

How funky is that.

To go through a christian experience,reframing everything into a fear of salvation by works.

I will call this "baked potatoes christianity"

Pull it outta the oven,serve it up. Now we all just look at it and talk about it. But do not touch it. It will destroy the whole deal.

Jesus said go,lay hands on,heal,cast out,get forgiveness,pray,fast,love,witness,tarry,watch, and so on.

Work.
Do.

The disciples "aw man,why cant we just be a forgiven potatoe on the table"
"We could roll of and be lost forever if someone bumped us wrong"

Salvation formulas.

Jul 23, 2018
How about this:
"This is my friend Jesus. We laugh and cry together. We talk and i worship Him and we both enjoy my worship."

I read about John with his head on Jesus breast. So i asked Jesus ,can i do that?
He said "come up here son"
I was like a little doll in his lap.
I put my ear to his breast and could hear his heart beat.
It beat 7 times and stopped. There was a rythm.
Over and over seven times,then stopped. Then restart.
I asked him "why is there that pause over and over"?

He said "anticipation"

I asked "for what"

He said "not what,WHOM"..."I am waiting for my bride. Thats why my word ends in calling my bride"

Thats my witness to the unsaved.
Thats my formula.

Dec 12, 2013
I am dumbfounded at all those who profess faith and love in jesus, Yet do not trust Jesus enough to KEEP THEM and complete that good work he promised he would finish when he started that good work in them. Just as he promised he would
AMEN......this site seems to be overrun with salvation losers, working for dogma peddlers and those that have no honesty or integrity when it comes to contextual interpretation and or a simple honest acceptance of the inspired words and their definitions........rather sickening........

Sep 2, 2019
The point is not a narrow focus of an echo chamber, but to refine how we express the word of God
to its essential details.

Without these to fro's many issues would just be assumed because they are not challenged.
Why is flat earth wrong? It is not because we do not like them.
Why is the earth only 6,000 yrs old? It is not because we do not like them.

This is why the foundations need to be put and how we draw certain conclusions.
If we cannot do this, how can we witness we stand upon the truth?

So I rejoice that many are prepared to spend their time putting forward their positions, no
matter how awkward sometimes this becomes. God bless you.
The Earth is not flat. But neither is it a spinning globe where we live on the outside :mad:

The Earth is concave, okay??!! :mad: It is immovable!! There are no planets, galaxies & universe!! :alien:

We walk on the inside of the globe. The rectilineator experiment proves this:

See here :

& here :

Mmmmkay..... TQ & God bless :coffee::giggle:

Dec 9, 2011
How many trillions of times do I have to repeat ...

All of your above was true INITIALLY when you were born-again (if you actually were).
However, all that you initially received must be MAINTAINED through obedience, etc.
Is all sin the same In GODs view?
Is one sin bigger than the other In GODs view or Is one sin bigger than the other sin In mans view?

We all sin If not outwardly we sin Inwardly I mean In what your motivation,thoughts and Intentions are.

So then what could you do to maintain your salvation that GOD would look at with favor since we know GOD Is perfect and those who worship Must worship HIM In Spirit and In TRUTH.

your obedience Is a good thing but what about your motivation,thoughts and Intents,are they always perfect.
answer =No.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
The Earth is not flat. But neither is it a spinning globe where we live on the outside :mad:

The Earth is concave, okay??!! :mad: It is immovable!! There are no planets, galaxies & universe!! :alien:

See here :

& here :

And where did you get this tosh from?
Arvind Gupta by any chance?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
All of your sins (past, present, future) have been forgiven

“For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness,
and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his OLD sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NKJV)

>>> “OLD sins” is also in the KJV, RSV, NLT, AMP
“… having forgotten his purification from his FORMER sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NASB)
>>> “FORMER sins” is also in the ESV
“… forgetting that they have been cleansed from their PAST sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NIV)
>>> “PAST sins” is also in the HCSB

John is writing to his fellow Christians …
“But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all wickedness (unrighteousness).” (1 John 1:9, NLT)
This is an extremely important verse … all men need to be repeatedly purified from
all unrighteousness – from all their sins … We must confess our sins and turn from them
… We must also confess them with our actions … (John) is talking here about repentance
… we must hate our sins and turn from them. This is true repentance.
(The Applied New Testament Commentary; Dr. Thomas Hale, missionary to Nepal)

Paul warns the errant Corinthian church that their …
“godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation” (2 Corin. 7:9-10, NKJV)

You are now righteous

“… you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living …
So now you must give yourselves to be slaves to righteous living” (Romans 6:16-19)

“… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous just as He is righteous.
He who sins is of the devil … Whoever has been born of God does not sin (habitually)
… In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God” (1 John 3:7-10)

“… who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him” (Acts 10:35)

“But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness and a godly life
… pursue righteous living” (1 Timothy 6:11, 2 Timothy 2:22)

You are now holy

“… give yourselves to be slaves to righteous living so that you will become holy.” (Romans 6:16-19)

“work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.” (Hebrews 12:14)

“God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin … live in holiness and honor.
… God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives. Therefore, anyone who refuses to live
by these rules is not disobeying human teaching but is rejecting God” (1 Thessalonians 4:3-8)

“you must live as God’s obedient children … now you must be holy in everything you do,
just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, ‘You must be holy because I am holy.’ ”
(1 Peter 1:14-15)

You have been saved and you can never lose your salvation

“… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death,
or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)
“For to be carnally-minded is (eternal) death, but to be spiritually-minded
is (eternal) life and peace.” (Romans 8:5-6)

“For IF you live according to the flesh you will die (eternal death); but IF by the Spirit
you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live (eternal life).” (Romans 8:13)

“For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption (eternal death),
but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

Greetings BCsenior,

All of the above that you listed disproves your title above! There are two sides to each of those verses.

As a believer, if you live according to flesh you will die (eternal death)

As a believer, if you are carnally minded, you will die (eternal death)

As a believer, if you sow to the sinful nature, you will reap eternal punishment

None of the scriptures above support that one can never lose salvation.

"But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence— if indeed you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope of the gospel you heard, which has been proclaimed to every creatured under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant."

Salvation is dependent upon having faith, from beginning to end. Once a believer stops having faith (goes back to willfully living according to the sinful nature), they are accumulating sin and are on their way to death until they return to faith. Once the person who wanders away from faith returns to faith, then he/she will be saved from death and a multitude of sins will be covered over. Cosider the following:

"My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, consider this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and cover over a multitude of sins."

Notice that in that when a believer is in that wandered stated (not having faith) they are on their way to death and are accumulating sin.

The very teaching of once saved always saved is a lie from Satan. For our salvation and eternal life is dependent upon continuing in faith. Once a believer turns back to willfully living according to the sinful nature and goes back into the world, he has unplugged from faith and needs to plug back in.

In this wandered state, the individual is no longer being transformed into the image of Christ and is no longer in the process of being made holy and no longer bearing fruit.

All of the promises are based on those having Faith, which is the catylst.

All of your sins (past, present, future) have been forgiven

The above is true if you continue in faith

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Why did I even click on this stupid thread?
I should have known better.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

See here :

& here :

Bunch of nonsense. Seriously. Perhaps you were being sarcastic. To be on the safe side I gave your post a Red X.

Feb 28, 2016
Oh my, there is definitely a LOT MORE that (4) from the father of lies