4th Industrial Revolution

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
AI and Robotics are here to stay.

The question is what we will do to live with them.

I'm 82. I would love to have a robot that does those chores that I now have to pay someone to do (like house keeping, gardening, driving me to the places I need to go, etc).

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
The government has been compiling a list of every single person in the country. They use phones, emails, texts, social security, driver's license, cameras, etc. As long as you don't have a Social Security number, or a phone, don't use the computer, don't have a bank account, and don't have a driver's license and live as a hermit it might be possible that you will escape their initial roundup.

But then they will use satellite images, drones, heat signatures, and a variety of techniques to track down the individuals that escaped their net. This is of God because everyone will have to choose between worshipping God with all that you have or taking the mark of the beast.
I am 80 years old, so I will not leave here alive.
And if they come for me some will die in the process unless they bomb me.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I see the time tribulation and the man of sin very differently than most.
I see him as being able to control this world because the world has come to rely on machines to do everything and people can not being able to do anything without those machines and the power to run them.
He and his followers will be able to live and control the world because they have learned to live "off the land" as they say.
Every power grid in the world can be shut down very easily.
I saw a report several years ago that said that just taking down 5 of those big towers that care power lines in the west could black out the entire western half of the US in a single blow.
That 6th seal earthquake that moves every mountain may very well shut down all power grids.
I think all should rethink what may happen when the man of sin comes forth.
What we have all been taught is probably wrong.
Yes, it can bring down the grid because the grid is connected. I would think the AI would be powered by a dedicated power source that. is not part of the grid.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
There will still be saints alive when Jesus comes, so some will survive.
Not the way I read it. I think the tribulation saints will all be gone by the middle of the tribulation when the two witnesses die.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I am 80 years old, so I will not leave here alive.
And if they come for me some will die in the process unless they bomb me.
You obviously have not seen the videos of killer drones the size if a hummingbird.

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
You obviously have not seen the videos of killer drones the size if a hummingbird.
I do not watch such videos.
If that is true, I still will not go alive.
They may take my body, but I will be with my Lord.

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
Yes, it can bring down the grid because the grid is connected. I would think the AI would be powered by a dedicated power source that. is not part of the grid.
That will take a lot of time and money to bring about.
Don't see that happening any time soon.

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
What seems to be happening is that this Al thing is growing faster than the power necessary to make it operate like you say.
But I could be wrong.
I don't pay a lot of attention to such things.
Maybe I should.
Time to shut this down.
Rain today so I have to watch how much power I waste on the internet.

Apr 18, 2024
These are black box budgets.
You have some interesting thoughts and insights. Are you involved in the industry or do you study it or?

I agree with you re: the budgets. For some there are simply unlimited funds. Like much of the tech things, these young guys who come up with an algorithm and within a very short time relatively speaking have an organization with some of the world's brightest leadership and talent, are not building these companies on their own. And the amount of money floating around the globe is simply staggering.

This is clearly taking place no matter what we think or say about it. It's far beyond robotics as some of these posts recognize. There are some fascinating applications being developed. Like any cultural revolution - industrial or technological - there will be harm to many and a new culture will be developed that most if not all of us can barely comprehend, or comprehend at all.

I've been watching some of Bryan Johnson for a few months who was recently interviewed by Tucker Carlson. You can see the shift take place in Tucker from an AI bad why don't we just destroy it now, to having an open ear to what he was learning and the perspectives he was being given. If open, Bryan will lead to reexamining the mental boxes we are all in. He will also lead to a fascinating book re: the historical search for Zero. In some senses he's trying to prepare people for the inevitable and is investing in technologies that are coincident with AI and the time we are in and rapidly going further into. AI looks like it will be changing most of the "___ologies" we know of and likely opening more.

It really does seem like a whole new world is soon to come. As one who is not locked into this or that eschatological box, I just find it all fascinating. Even if, guys like Bryan - previously Mormon - disavow God, that's his box. Mine is different. But where thinking men go in their search for more knowledge and understanding fascinates me probably as much as it does him.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
You have some interesting thoughts and insights. Are you involved in the industry or do you study it or?

I agree with you re: the budgets. For some there are simply unlimited funds. Like much of the tech things, these young guys who come up with an algorithm and within a very short time relatively speaking have an organization with some of the world's brightest leadership and talent, are not building these companies on their own. And the amount of money floating around the globe is simply staggering.

This is clearly taking place no matter what we think or say about it. It's far beyond robotics as some of these posts recognize. There are some fascinating applications being developed. Like any cultural revolution - industrial or technological - there will be harm to many and a new culture will be developed that most if not all of us can barely comprehend, or comprehend at all.

I've been watching some of Bryan Johnson for a few months who was recently interviewed by Tucker Carlson. You can see the shift take place in Tucker from an AI bad why don't we just destroy it now, to having an open ear to what he was learning and the perspectives he was being given. If open, Bryan will lead to reexamining the mental boxes we are all in. He will also lead to a fascinating book re: the historical search for Zero. In some senses he's trying to prepare people for the inevitable and is investing in technologies that are coincident with AI and the time we are in and rapidly going further into. AI looks like it will be changing most of the "___ologies" we know of and likely opening more.

It really does seem like a whole new world is soon to come. As one who is not locked into this or that eschatological box, I just find it all fascinating. Even if, guys like Bryan - previously Mormon - disavow God, that's his box. Mine is different. But where thinking men go in their search for more knowledge and understanding fascinates me probably as much as it does him.
AI is both good and bad. In every way it will be a game changer to all kinds of businesses. They will become far more efficient and able to operate for a much lower cost. Of course the downside of that is that many people will lose their jobs and become obsolete or unnecessary. On the bad side it is a game changer for war. Iran fired 300 drones at Israel and their AI was able to identify all 300, target them and destroy them all in a matter of seconds or minutes. Of course the downside of that is that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The problem with AI is that if you cut your costs for labor by 90% but at the same time the revenue of the company is also cut by 90% because all your former customers are now unemployed what have you accomplished? The curse to the serpent was to lose its legs. All those people who were slaves to the worldly system will now be out of a job and as a result the world's economy will become dust that this serpent will be forced to crawl around in and eat.

Apr 18, 2024
AI is both good and bad.
Like most to all tech, is it really the AI that is good and bad, or is it people who design and use it that are good and bad? Is Christ opposed to guided human progress or to human depravity?

Of course the downside of that is that many people will lose their jobs and become obsolete or unnecessary.
From what I've seen, many people should lose their jobs and for many reasons. The thing with humanity is that we usually figure out some way to function when the game is changed. It takes a while, but it happens. Honestly, unless some of us discussing such things are able to look at the minutia of the budget of the nation, what do we really know about what this nation can afford for its people if established wisely and handled efficiently and expenses that have been created through crony lobbying and such things were ended? Maybe AI should handle the budgeting. It's men who abuse it.

Obsolete or unnecessary is a big picture conclusion based upon limited data and being stuck in the box of the old game thinking. This is also my counter to your last paragraph. If the box no longer works, look for a new box. I think many of us can see that much to all of the current system is broken - or "obsolete". We either fix it, trash it and create a new one, or watch it die its inevitable death and see what becomes of the ashes. How about using the better tools to build something better? Someone is going to do this. The US is just another socio-political theory in history. To consider it in its current condition the best and only thing available to men will make it obsolete.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Like most to all tech, is it really the AI that is good and bad, or is it people who design and use it that are good and bad? Is Christ opposed to guided human progress or to human depravity?

From what I've seen, many people should lose their jobs and for many reasons. The thing with humanity is that we usually figure out some way to function when the game is changed. It takes a while, but it happens. Honestly, unless some of us discussing such things are able to look at the minutia of the budget of the nation, what do we really know about what this nation can afford for its people if established wisely and handled efficiently and expenses that have been created through crony lobbying and such things were ended? Maybe AI should handle the budgeting. It's men who abuse it.

Obsolete or unnecessary is a big picture conclusion based upon limited data and being stuck in the box of the old game thinking. This is also my counter to your last paragraph. If the box no longer works, look for a new box. I think many of us can see that much to all of the current system is broken - or "obsolete". We either fix it, trash it and create a new one, or watch it die its inevitable death and see what becomes of the ashes. How about using the better tools to build something better? Someone is going to do this. The US is just another socio-political theory in history. To consider it in its current condition the best and only thing available to men will make it obsolete.
Yes, people will figure out a way to function. AI has a major flaw, the cost for AI to do the same job as a human is a fraction of the cost, however, the product that AI will consume is 0. They won't buy the clothes or shoes they help make, they won't eat the food they help ship and produce, they won't use the drugs they design, etc. With each person you replace with AI you cut your costs, but you also cut down on your sales by even more. Initially the cost for the electricity will seem like a reasonable expense, but as GDP continues to drop due to the adoption of AI even though profits stay high the consumption of electricity will grow. Also you can't afford not to keep growing AI because it will be a matter of national security. It will be a game of chicken with each nation racing to go over the cliff.

The second big problem is the speed with which this will take place. I believe one year from now people will be stunned by how much everything has changed and the year after that the change will be twice as fast.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Tech CEO Shows Shocking Deepfake Of Kari Lake At Hearing On AI Impact On Elections

Apr 18, 2024
The second big problem is the speed with which this will take place. I believe one year from now people will be stunned by how much everything has changed and the year after that the change will be twice as fast.
Agreed. It's upon us now and the stun is assured. But that's the point. Start getting geared up.

As for the economics, I see this as a box that needs to be altered. Just because society works one way now does not mean that it is the only or best way for it to function. Such shifts are an idea away. There are plenty of things that people can do to improve and maintain what still requires human effort. It's one of the things some are considering re: AI. What will be the next phase of humanity if humans are free from some of the tasks they now do and are healthier and have better tools due to the expanded abilities for thought and analysis that AI will provide?

What if like so many things and times, our eschatological interpretations are wrong and we sit here in some deluded box expecting something that is not going to happen, or happen at this time? I have done most of my biblical studies on computers for 4 decades. I'm happy to have the tech. It's afforded me some capacities that only some of the most gifted minds in history have been able to utilize without the tools we now have. My theological library is digital now. I can carry it in my pocket and it has room for much more. I thank God for such tools and capacities. They will be replaced by systems hard for most of us to imagine. As long as I'm here I'm likely going to continue the process of using what's available to me while maintaining my foundation which is Christ - the only foundation per 1Cor3 - and seeking His wisdom in His Spirit for what not to partake in and to be wary of.

He has control of the clock and the calendar. We'll live through and witness for Him during whatever He allows to take place while we draw breath in the time and place in which He has determined for us to live in. He's not surprised by the tech revolution. It's being developed utilizing the materials and mental capacities He has provided. It looks to me like He's on the verge of allowing men to develop tech - not just AI - in many areas of existence that, again, few of us can comprehend. With all you seem to have knowledge about (I've read some of your posts on economics matters also) I'd be surprised if you're not familiar with some of the current phases of developments in physics, biology, and such things. At one point I wondered if I'm not just posting to an AI. That's a complement by the way.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Agreed. It's upon us now and the stun is assured. But that's the point. Start getting geared up.

As for the economics, I see this as a box that needs to be altered. Just because society works one way now does not mean that it is the only or best way for it to function. Such shifts are an idea away. There are plenty of things that people can do to improve and maintain what still requires human effort. It's one of the things some are considering re: AI. What will be the next phase of humanity if humans are free from some of the tasks they now do and are healthier and have better tools due to the expanded abilities for thought and analysis that AI will provide?

What if like so many things and times, our eschatological interpretations are wrong and we sit here in some deluded box expecting something that is not going to happen, or happen at this time? I have done most of my biblical studies on computers for 4 decades. I'm happy to have the tech. It's afforded me some capacities that only some of the most gifted minds in history have been able to utilize without the tools we now have. My theological library is digital now. I can carry it in my pocket and it has room for much more. I thank God for such tools and capacities. They will be replaced by systems hard for most of us to imagine. As long as I'm here I'm likely going to continue the process of using what's available to me while maintaining my foundation which is Christ - the only foundation per 1Cor3 - and seeking His wisdom in His Spirit for what not to partake in and to be wary of.

He has control of the clock and the calendar. We'll live through and witness for Him during whatever He allows to take place while we draw breath in the time and place in which He has determined for us to live in. He's not surprised by the tech revolution. It's being developed utilizing the materials and mental capacities He has provided. It looks to me like He's on the verge of allowing men to develop tech - not just AI - in many areas of existence that, again, few of us can comprehend. With all you seem to have knowledge about (I've read some of your posts on economics matters also) I'd be surprised if you're not familiar with some of the current phases of developments in physics, biology, and such things. At one point I wondered if I'm not just posting to an AI. That's a complement by the way.
Jesus rebuked Sardis for not watching. Because they did not watch for his coming He said they wouldn't know the hour of His coming. Jesus rebuked the Jews for not knowing the time of their visitation. In hindsight we know that the prophecies were there in the Bible where they should have known the year of His coming, and there were prophets like the Magi who came and there were testimonies from others, news stories, many things that should have waken them up. If they had listened to John when he said "behold the Lamb of God" they would have known Jesus would be the Passover lamb. Jesus charged the disciples repeatedly to watch.

I don't like it when people spend all their time trying to figure out the day of the rapture because it seems the Lord warned us that no one knows and for me that means it was not in the OT prophecies or NT prophecies. But the Lord never said we would not know the year and He also made it clear that if we were watching we would see all the signs He told us about taking place.

For example, what you talked about with digital study tools for the Bible, that was all prophesied in Daniel about knowledge increasing and people running to and fro in the Bible.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I see the time tribulation and the man of sin very differently than most.
I see him as being able to control this world because the world has come to rely on machines to do everything and people can not being able to do anything without those machines and the power to run them.
He and his followers will be able to live and control the world because they have learned to live "off the land" as they say.
Every power grid in the world can be shut down very easily.
I saw a report several years ago that said that just taking down 5 of those big towers that care power lines in the west could black out the entire western half of the US in a single blow.
That 6th seal earthquake that moves every mountain may very well shut down all power grids.
I think all should rethink what may happen when the man of sin comes forth.
What we have all been taught is probably wrong.
945-acre data center development coming to Cheyenne, Wyoming
Development known as 'Project Cosmo' from a company operating under Goat Systems LLC
November 09, 2023

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/...enter-development-coming-to-cheyenne-wyoming/

Wyoming is the least populated state in the US, this is in the center of the continent, they can dig deep into the mountains, and the advantage of the low population is they can have a dedicated power source and probably won't have a lot of people saying they need the power.

A large data center development is being planned in Cheyenne, Wyoming, by an unknown hyperscale operator or developer.
The Cheyenne City Council Public Services Committee this week approved a development agreement for a data center development known as ‘Project Cosmo’ on the outskirts of the city, according to the Wyoming Tribune Eagle.

– City of Cheyenne
A company operating through a shell company known as Goat Systems, LLC is looking to develop around 800,000 sq ft (74,320 sqm) of data centers on a 945-acre plot.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Maryland educator accused of using AI to frame the school's principal

Get this, he isn't charged for using AI to impersonate the principal because it currently is not illegal.