4th Letter to the Church of Thyatira

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hello everyone, :love:

There are 7 Letters to 7 Churches in Chapters 2 and 3 of Revelation. Let’s read them one by one and share any understanding that the Holy Spirit gives us.

I’ll create a thread for each letter to each church so we can discuss them separately.

Try to stay away from commentaries…just read the scriptures and ask the Holy Spirit to open them to you and give you understanding…then share with all of us what you heard the Spirit saying….

Here is the 4th Letter to the angel/messenger of the church of Thyatira:

Revelation 2:18-29

18 “And to the angel/messenger of the church in Thyatira write,

Greeting:

‘These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:

Evaluation:

19 “I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience/perseverance; and as for your works, the last are more than the first.

Correction:

20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.

Instruction:

21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent.

Consequence:

22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches[p] the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Commends them:

24 “Now to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will put on you no other burden. 25 But hold fast what you have till I come.

Exhorts them to hear the Spirit and overcome:

26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—

27 ‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’—
as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.

29 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

Looking forward to reading all your posts! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Greeting:

‘These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:

In this 4th Letter, Jesus specifically reveals Himself as the Son of God...He has His Father's Eyes....a flame of fire...He sees, knows, understands and desires His Father's pure and perfect Will...Jesus' Will is to do the Father's Will.

Notice the three key words in His description of Himself - God, Fire and Brass? :unsure:

God the Father is a consuming Fire....sacrifices for sin were placed on a brass altar where the sin was judged and the sacrifice consumed with fire.

Jesus's feet are like fine brass because He has walked through all judgment on this Earth as being judged by the Law and the Prophets which found Him to be without sin as the perfect Lamb of God.

He has made perfect atonement and is anointed by His Father as Judge of all Heaven and Earth. Jesus Christ is able to sit and judge all things according to His Father's Will and He wants to reveal this to us about Himself! Hallelujah and Amen! :love:(y)

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Hello everyone, :love:

There are 7 Letters to 7 Churches in Chapters 2 and 3 of Revelation. Let’s read them one by one and share any understanding that the Holy Spirit gives us.

I’ll create a thread for each letter to each church so we can discuss them separately.

Try to stay away from commentaries…just read the scriptures and ask the Holy Spirit to open them to you and give you understanding…then share with all of us what you heard the Spirit saying….

Here is the 4th Letter to the angel/messenger of the church of Thyatira:

Greeting:

Evaluation:

19 “I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience/perseverance; and as for your works, the last are more than the first.

Correction:

20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.

Instruction:

21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent.

Consequence:

22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches[p] the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Commends them:

24 “Now to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will put on you no other burden. 25 But hold fast what you have till I come.

26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—

as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.

Looking forward to reading all your posts! :love:(y)
Adultery is a form of sexual immorality. In James 4:4 it says,

James 4:4
You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Has Pastor Franklin Graham committed adulterous acts by becoming more involved in worldly politics than in spreading the gospel?

Pastor Franklin Graham equated Trump to Jesus by declaring 10 republicans who voted to impeach Trump as 10 Judas Iscariots. This of course impacts many evangelicals. Now, I myself was a Trump supporter and am a conservative, but still this a very poor thing for a pastor to do.
There are noted examples of traitors in American history that Graham might have chosen had he simply wanted to emphasize what he deemed the betrayal of the president by those he considered to be Republican “turncoats.” Benedict Arnold. Alger Hiss. Tokyo Rose. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg. But, that would not adequately engage and enrage the thousands of white Christians who follow Graham. So, he likened them to Judas and thereby blasphemously equated Donald Trump with Jesus. https://baptistnews.com/article/the-blasphemy-of-franklin-graham/#.YRhn0hRKiM8

Franklin Graham said. “I’m here running a campaign for God.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...graham-urges-millions-christians-vote-n490781
Here Franklin Graham speaks as a prophet, like he is some prophet sent to speak on behave of God.

Franklin Graham Holds National Prayer March where thousands of believers came and the opening prayers were offered by Vice President Mike Pence and his wife Karen, at the first stop, the Lincoln Memorial.
This was a political campaign event disguised as a religious pilgrimage. Some Christians flock to Franklin Graham like he is some Idol.
https://wtop.com/dc/2020/09/thousan...ch-from-lincoln-memorial-to-capitol-building/

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Let's ask the Holy Spirit to give us insight on Jesus Christ's evaluation of the Church of Thyatira.....feel free to share what you see! :love:(y)

Evaluation:

It's amazing when Jesus says that He knows our works....just consider throughout all the ages all the members of His Body of Believers....and He knows all our works and everything we think, say and do...WOW! Truly, Jesus Christ is God, amen! Only God can know all things, amen.

Jesus is keeping a loving watchful eye on our works, love, service, faith and our patient perseverance. He has found our last works to be more than our first...that is good, we must be growing and maturing which increases Him in us which increases the anointing in us because He is The Anointed One.

I love Him, I'm so glad He is watching over our development. He will perfect everything that concerns us, amen. :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Adultery is a form of sexual immorality. In James 4:4 it says,

James 4:4
You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Has Pastor Franklin Graham committed adulterous acts by becoming more involved in worldly politics than in spreading the gospel?

Pastor Franklin Graham equated Trump to Jesus by declaring 10 republicans who voted to impeach Trump as 10 Judas Iscariots. This of course impacts many evangelicals. Now, I myself was a Trump supporter and am a conservative, but still this a very poor thing for a pastor to do.
There are noted examples of traitors in American history that Graham might have chosen had he simply wanted to emphasize what he deemed the betrayal of the president by those he considered to be Republican “turncoats.” Benedict Arnold. Alger Hiss. Tokyo Rose. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg. But, that would not adequately engage and enrage the thousands of white Christians who follow Graham. So, he likened them to Judas and thereby blasphemously equated Donald Trump with Jesus. https://baptistnews.com/article/the-blasphemy-of-franklin-graham/#.YRhn0hRKiM8

Franklin Graham said. “I’m here running a campaign for God.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...graham-urges-millions-christians-vote-n490781
Here Franklin Graham speaks as a prophet, like he is some prophet sent to speak on behave of God.

Franklin Graham Holds National Prayer March where thousands of believers came and the opening prayers were offered by Vice President Mike Pence and his wife Karen, at the first stop, the Lincoln Memorial.
This was a political campaign event disguised as a religious pilgrimage. Some Christians flock to Franklin Graham like he is some Idol.
https://wtop.com/dc/2020/09/thousan...ch-from-lincoln-memorial-to-capitol-building/
So...I'm thinking your post is DEFINITELY NOT from the Holy Spirit. Totally not interested in anything you have to say.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
So...I'm thinking your post is DEFINITELY NOT from the Holy Spirit. Totally not interested in anything you have to say.
Galatians 1:10
Am I now seeking the approval of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

In 1 Corinthians 5 Paul admonishes us to be more concerned with sexual immorality inside the church than outside the church. Yet, Franklin Graham (who calls himself a brother) is teaching us to be more concerned about sexual immorality outside the church.

1 Corinthians 5:10-13
I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. 12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

Revelation 2:20, which you posted, also admonishes the church to recognize and address a sister who is sexually immoral.

Revelation 2:20
Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.

So how then did I equate Franklin Graham's behavior as being adulterous? James 4:4.

Here is another verse.
Matthew 6:24
No one can serve two masters: Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Politics is money. Franklin Graham is trying to serve both politics (money) and God. The bible says this type of behavior is adulterous - you are cheating on God.

And Graham is leading others in the faith to also divide their service to both.
And so I see many brothers and sisters following Franklin Graham's lead so instead of exercising the Great Commission they spend much of their time preaching politics. And for most people politics is self righteousness, which is antithetical to the Gospel message that God alone is righteous.

Apr 15, 2017
The 7 Churches is a prophesy of how the Church age will go in popular influence among the people, and if any flaws God always has people that are in the truth.

Rev 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
Rev 2:3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
Rev 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

The Church was popular in abiding in the truth, but they left their first love which seems like they were not loving people like they should which Jesus told them to repent or He would remove their candlestick, and that is because love is the fulfilling of the law, and love is greater than faith, and faith works by love.

Rev 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

It is obvious when the Roman Empire embraced Christianity that they did not get rid of their occult, pagan ways, and it became their foundation for interpreting scriptures, and the occult, and paganism are of the devil.

Rev 2:12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
Rev 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
Rev 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
Rev 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
Rev 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

It appears as if it is still the Roman Catholic Church but advanced in deception as time goes on, for like a Christian in the truth will advance in the truth, a person that is going by the occult, and paganism of a false interpretation will advance in that which the Pope and Vatican in the future will embrace the new age movement interpretation of the Bible which the Pope will be the spiritual leader of a unified religion, and the Vatican the headquarters.

Rev 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
Rev 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Rev 2:24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

It still seems like the Roman Catholic Church, and they covered many years of operating and being a popular influence upon people.

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Then the Protestant movement that started to become popular, but they did not become popular in the truth, but they were closer to it, but lacked, but they were not identified with a Satanic influence like the prior 3 Churches.

They did not have all the kinks worked out yet to totally be in the truth but they were weeding out the falseness of the Roman Catholic Church more as time went by.

Jesus said that their works were not found perfect before God, and for them to repent or He would come upon them like a thief.

Continued,

Apr 15, 2017
Continued,

Rev 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Then the 6th Church the popular belief was one that Jesus did not have anything bad to say about them, but told them to hold unto what they have for much deception is going on especially with the new age movement, Christian Science, Scientology, Roman Catholic Church, Mormon Church, and others like them.

The Protestant movement after working for many years weeded out the falseness of the Roman Catholic Church, and other falseness, and went by the truth that was pleasing to Jesus for He did not have anything bad to say about them.

Jesus said He would deliver the saints from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

And there can only be one temptation that can come upon all the world at the same time, and that is when the nations come together and say Peace and safety, which is soon to happen, so the 6th Church has to be going on now because when they say Peace and safety it is a future prophesy, which Paul said that the saints will not be deceived by that for they know it is not the operation of God, and not reality but they will be following the new age movement and their interpretation of the Bible, and all religions.

Which God said multitudes, multitudes, in the valley of decision, for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision, for they have a choice to stay with God for the hypocrites, get with God, or follow the world.

Jesus will deliver the saints in the truth from that temptation, and Paul said the saints will not be deceived by that.

The Pope will be the spiritual leader of the unified religious system, and the Vatican the headquarters, as they embrace the new age movement interpretation of the Bible, but was planned out to be that way.

Since the Roman Empire does not lose her dominion until Jesus puts down the world then the Roman Catholic Church will change because the Roman Empire has changed, and become bigger with America being the main influence for the setting up of the New Age Christ kingdom, and the Roman Empire to extend to all Caucasian led nations including ones taken over by Caucasians as the power base of the antichrist and all nations will come together.

The world will be split in to 10 sections with a leader in each section, and they will mingle themselves with the seed of men, the ethnic groups, nations, but they shall not cleave to one another even as iron is not mixed with clay, which started in America and spread to the world.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Then we get to the last Church age that is popular which many will be heaping money, and material things to themselves, and the prosperity Gospel, and preachers that are millionaires, which the love of money is the root of all evil for it neglects the poor and needy, and love is the fulfilling of the law.

Which this happens more in America than anywhere else, and this can only happen at the time of technology that caused money and material things to flow like a raging river.

Pro 30:11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
Pro 30:12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
Pro 30:13 There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
Pro 30:14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men and many Christians are going along with the world seeking money and material things instead of helping the poor and needy.

Which God said at the last generation the people will devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men, which can only happen because of technology, for people can branch out farther to make money, and can reach more people to make money so we are at the last generation and the last Church age that is popular the 7th Church where many people who claim to be a Christian will pursue money and material things like the world.

The Roman Catholic Church, the Protestant movement, and the 7th Church age with their wanting to go by their wants will all be at this time.

The 7 Churches is a prophesy of how the Church age will go in popular influence among the people, and if any flaws God always has people that are in the truth.

The 7 Churches may be actual Churches during that time with these traits but I believe it is a prophesy of how the Church age will go in popular influence, and I do not see how they could have all those traits so early in Church history.

Especially the 7th Church where the popular influence was many people claiming to be a Christian were heaping money and material things to themselves abundantly which they were saying they are rich, which seems like it can only happen in the time of technology such as now, for if the people claiming to be a Christian were heaping those things and rich then how much more would the heathen be doing the same and it does not seem like they would have that kind of prosperous nation back in the first century.

But they can today with America and other prosperous nations.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The seven churches foretell the world aglomeration of believers from the first advent of our Lord, Jesus,, Yeshua.
What is taught that is not acceptable should be completely avoided in our practice and what is taught that is pleasing we should strive to follow and be.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019

Rev 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
Rev 2:3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
Rev 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

The Church was popular in abiding in the truth, but they left their first love which seems like they were not loving people like they should which Jesus told them to repent or He would remove their candlestick, and that is because love is the fulfilling of the law, and love is greater than faith, and faith works by love.

Rev 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

It is obvious when the Roman Empire embraced Christianity that they did not get rid of their occult, pagan ways, and it became their foundation for interpreting scriptures, and the occult, and paganism are of the devil.

Rev 2:12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
Rev 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
Rev 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
Rev 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
Rev 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

It appears as if it is still the Roman Catholic Church but advanced in deception as time goes on, for like a Christian in the truth will advance in the truth, a person that is going by the occult, and paganism of a false interpretation will advance in that which the Pope and Vatican in the future will embrace the new age movement interpretation of the Bible which the Pope will be the spiritual leader of a unified religion, and the Vatican the headquarters.

Rev 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
Rev 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Rev 2:24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

It still seems like the Roman Catholic Church, and they covered many years of operating and being a popular influence upon people.

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Then the Protestant movement that started to become popular, but they did not become popular in the truth, but they were closer to it, but lacked, but they were not identified with a Satanic influence like the prior 3 Churches.

They did not have all the kinks worked out yet to totally be in the truth but they were weeding out the falseness of the Roman Catholic Church more as time went by.

Jesus said that their works were not found perfect before God, and for them to repent or He would come upon them like a thief.

Continued,
Intriguing, insightful!

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019

The Pope will be the spiritual leader of the unified religious system, and the Vatican the headquarters, as they embrace the new age movement interpretation of the Bible, but was planned out to be that way.

Since the Roman Empire does not lose her dominion until Jesus puts down the world then the Roman Catholic Church will change because the Roman Empire has changed, and become bigger with America being the main influence for the setting up of the New Age Christ kingdom, and the Roman Empire to extend to all Caucasian led nations including ones taken over by Caucasians as the power base of the antichrist and all nations will come together.
Franklin Graham keeps traveling over to Russia to fellowship with their evil Russian King, his officials, and his corrupt Catholic High Priests (see hyperlink).
A further investigation of this reveals Franklin Graham is ultimately being influenced by Pope Francis through these Russian proxies (see photo attachment).

Franklin Graham is so busy judging the sexual immorality of those outside the church, that he cannot see his own adulterous behavior, nor the adulterous behavior he is fomenting within the church.
We believers of the truth (light) have been set apart from this Roman and Orthodox religion (darkness), which seeks to unify church (light) with state (darkness). Franklin Graham, through his political and religious self-righteousness, is serving to bring us back into fellowship with this darkness.

The weaponization of religion: How the Kremlin is using Christian fundamentalism to advance Moscow’s agenda
https://day.kyiv.ua/en/article/day-...remlin-using-christian-fundamentalism-advance

Attachments

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Keep in mind, these are the words of Jesus Christ to His Bride...His Letter to Her - His Believers. He is bringing correction, instruction and consequence to us. We really need to pay attention and heed what our Lord is saying to us.....

Correction:

Jezebel is acting as the Bride of Christ but, is walking according to her flesh and not the Spirit. Her flesh is chasing all the spiritual things and not Christ.

She is misrepresenting God and misusing her spiritual gifts by promoting herself. She exalts herself instead of exalting Jesus Christ.

She is a spiritual seductress, NOT a true prophetess. She leads God's people into idolatry and worship of false gods which is spiritual adultery against Jesus Christ.

Instruction:

Jesus Christ has confronted Jezebel, made known to her exactly her sinful lust for self-promoting spiritual power and authority which is spiritual sexual immorality. Jesus Christ gave her time to repent and she did not repent.

Consequence:

22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Instead of true spiritual power and authority ONLY in Jesus Christ, she will have sickness being rendered powerless without any authority. All those that followed her and her teachings will go into great tribulation for the destruction of their sinful/flesh/carnal nature that tried to usurp authority over Jesus Christ.....unless they repent of their deeds and return to Jesus Christ by coming under His power and authority.

All her followers are her children that Jesus Christ will kill with death...no life shall come from them and their deeds will not give life to others.

By so doing, Jesus Christ will make known to all His Believers that He is able to search the minds and hearts of us all and is the ONLY ONE that has power and authority to judge and give us according to our works because our works have rewards and consequences.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Franklin Graham keeps traveling over to Russia to fellowship with their evil Russian King, his officials, and his corrupt Catholic High Priests (see hyperlink).
A further investigation of this reveals Franklin Graham is ultimately being influenced by Pope Francis through these Russian proxies (see photo attachment).

Franklin Graham is so busy judging the sexual immorality of those outside the church, that he cannot see his own adulterous behavior, nor the adulterous behavior he is fomenting within the church.
We believers of the truth (light) have been set apart from this Roman and Orthodox religion (darkness), which seeks to unify church (light) with state (darkness). Franklin Graham, through his political and religious self-righteousness, is serving to bring us back into fellowship with this darkness.

The weaponization of religion: How the Kremlin is using Christian fundamentalism to advance Moscow’s agenda
https://day.kyiv.ua/en/article/day-...remlin-using-christian-fundamentalism-advance
But here I must be very careful.
I myself am in danger of becoming a self-righteous judge myself. And if I continue in do these things:
1) I become blind to my own sins of fear and not trusting in God's sovereign power,
2) I heap judgement on myself for I am adulterous in my own ways
3) I create rivalries, bitterness, anger, dissensions and more among my brothers and sisters.
4) and I could go on and on...

So I must trust that God is in control, that he is able to soften my brothers' and sisters' hearts and work all things together for my good and for their good. For I know that I need God to keep softening my heart. And he will do it!
I must trust God's word and put love and humility and forgiveness before fear and pride and judgement. For I recognize that fear, pride and judgement are drivers motivating me to call out Franklin Graham and his errors. So my flesh wants to call out Franklin Graham (and others), but my heart begins to weigh heavy. On one hand I am not to judge my brothers, and yet on the other hand I am to test all things and hold fast to what is good. And so I am perplexed on what I should do, but not driven to despair.

How then do I triumph over this? I should listen to Jesus's words because he tells us how. And the two greatest commandments are to love God and to love one another. I triumph over these things through love. There is no pride in love, and perfect love conquers fear. Forgiveness is of great importance as well. For forgiveness quenches judgement.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Keep in mind, these are the words of Jesus Christ to His Bride...His Letter to Her - His Believers. He is bringing correction, instruction and consequence to us. We really need to pay attention and heed what our Lord is saying to us.....

Correction:

Jezebel is acting as the Bride of Christ but, is walking according to her flesh and not the Spirit. Her flesh is chasing all the spiritual things and not Christ.

She is misrepresenting God and misusing her spiritual gifts by promoting herself. She exalts herself instead of exalting Jesus Christ.

She is a spiritual seductress, NOT a true prophetess. She leads God's people into idolatry and worship of false gods which is spiritual adultery against Jesus Christ.

Instruction:

Jesus Christ has confronted Jezebel, made known to her exactly her sinful lust for self-promoting spiritual power and authority which is spiritual sexual immorality. Jesus Christ gave her time to repent and she did not repent.

Consequence:

22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Instead of true spiritual power and authority ONLY in Jesus Christ, she will have sickness being rendered powerless without any authority. All those that followed her and her teachings will go into great tribulation for the destruction of their sinful/flesh/carnal nature that tried to usurp authority over Jesus Christ.....unless they repent of their deeds and return to Jesus Christ by coming under His power and authority.

All her followers are her children that Jesus Christ will kill with death...no life shall come from them and their deeds will not give life to others.

By so doing, Jesus Christ will make known to all His Believers that He is able to search the minds and hearts of us all and is the ONLY ONE that has power and authority to judge and give us according to our works because our works have rewards and consequences.
Here is a scenario: Someone is a believer, attends a church where the Holy Spirit is present, and has a head pastor that is also a believer. However, this someone sees their head pastor falling into spiritual sexual immorality. What can or should they do as a believer and member of that church?
Pray? Wait on the Lord? Keep silent and trust that God is sovereign and able to deal with it correctly? Share your thoughts with Pastor? Share your thoughts with others in the church? Keep silent? Look for a new church?
What other things?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
But here I must be very careful.
I myself am in danger of becoming a self-righteous judge myself. And if I continue in do these things:
1) I become blind to my own sins of fear and not trusting in God's sovereign power,
2) I heap judgement on myself for I am adulterous in my own ways
3) I create rivalries, bitterness, anger, dissensions and more among my brothers and sisters.
4) and I could go on and on...

So I must trust that God is in control, that he is able to soften my brothers' and sisters' hearts and work all things together for my good and for their good. For I know that I need God to keep softening my heart. And he will do it!
I must trust God's word and put love and humility and forgiveness before fear and pride and judgement. For I recognize that fear, pride and judgement are drivers motivating me to call out Franklin Graham and his errors. So my flesh wants to call out Franklin Graham (and others), but my heart begins to weigh heavy. On one hand I am not to judge my brothers, and yet on the other hand I am to test all things and hold fast to what is good. And so I am perplexed on what I should do, but not driven to despair.

How then do I triumph over this? I should listen to Jesus's words because he tells us how. And the two greatest commandments are to love God and to love one another. I triumph over these things through love. There is no pride in love, and perfect love conquers fear. Forgiveness is of great importance as well. For forgiveness quenches judgement.
Here is a scenario: Someone is a believer, attends a church where the Holy Spirit is present, and has a head pastor that is also a believer. However, this someone sees their head pastor falling into spiritual sexual immorality. What can or should they do as a believer and member of that church?
Pray? Wait on the Lord? Keep silent and trust that God is sovereign and able to deal with it correctly? Share your thoughts with Pastor? Share your thoughts with others in the church? Keep silent? Look for a new church?
What other things?
Even if others are falling, keep your eyes on Jesus Christ so you don't fall.

Also, it's best to make sure we don't have an enormous beam in our own eye before we try to take the little itty bitty tiny speck out of our brother's eye...:love:(y)

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Even if others are falling, keep your eyes on Jesus Christ so you don't fall.

Also, it's best to make sure we don't have an enormous beam in our own eye before we try to take the little itty bitty tiny speck out of our brother's eye...:love:(y)
What you say doesn't fully align with Scripture.

James 2:14-17
Faith Without Works Is Dead
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Now clothes and daily food sound like they are only for physical needs. But is this the gospel message? Only for the body? Or do these verses also hold spiritual truths? For example, the brother is lacking in his daily bread of Christ or he is poorly clothed in Christ. And we know that the body is a temple. And for the Spirit to remain in the body/temple it needs to receive its daily bread and remained clothed in Christ.

Galatians 6:1:2
Doing Good to All
6 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Now the Spirit must be in you in order to help restore that person. And you must also do it gently.

Now 1) you are of the opinion that the Spirit is not in me. And 2) you see my posts (in this thread) are not gentle. So according to these two things it would look that I am I unqualified in allowing the Spirit to work through me to restore a brother caught in a sin.

If I do possess the Spirit (and I do) and I realize that only God can restore that person (not me), and if I bury my pride and stay humble and ask God to use me according to his will. Then is it not possible that God might be gracious enough to use me to restore that person who is caught in a sin?

Now we are prone to become prideful when we attempt to do good works. And so if we rest on our own strength and wisdom then we could end up doing more bad than good. Or adding sin to sin. But if we allow the Spirit to lead us then can't we succeed in helping a brother?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
What you say doesn't fully align with Scripture.

James 2:14-17
Faith Without Works Is Dead
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Now clothes and daily food sound like they are only for physical needs. But is this the gospel message? Only for the body? Or do these verses also hold spiritual truths? For example, the brother is lacking in his daily bread of Christ or he is poorly clothed in Christ. And we know that the body is a temple. And for the Spirit to remain in the body/temple it needs to receive its daily bread and remained clothed in Christ.

Galatians 6:1:2
Doing Good to All
6 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Now the Spirit must be in you in order to help restore that person. And you must also do it gently.

Now 1) you are of the opinion that the Spirit is not in me. And 2) you see my posts (in this thread) are not gentle. So according to these two things it would look that I am I unqualified in allowing the Spirit to work through me to restore a brother caught in a sin.

If I do possess the Spirit (and I do) and I realize that only God can restore that person (not me), and if I bury my pride and stay humble and ask God to use me according to his will. Then is it not possible that God might be gracious enough to use me to restore that person who is caught in a sin?

Now we are prone to become prideful when we attempt to do good works. And so if we rest on our own strength and wisdom then we could end up doing more bad than good. Or adding sin to sin. But if we allow the Spirit to lead us then can't we succeed in helping a brother?
What does it profit a person that says he has the Holy Spirit, faith, works, and does good to all yet..... he has NO LOVE?

You quoted scripture and tried to justify yourself as being able to judge others and "restore" them yet, you said NOTHING about loving them and loving God.

The Word of God is twisted and perverted when it is spoken without God's Love.

Go back to the Church at Ephesus and get your First Love for God established. :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Jesus Christ commends and exhorts the believers in the Church of Thyatira to hear the Spirit and to overcome. Remember, all seven churches are seven foundational phases that the Holy Spirit is processing all believers through so that the Bride of Christ is ready at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Here' a recap:
Ephesus - First Love for God is established unshakeable
Smyrna - Death to "Self" and Alive "in Christ"
Pergamos - True Doctrine of God's Word is established in our hearts kicks out false doctrines of man and devils
Thyatira - Holy Spirit which is the Spirit of Truth is established in us and kicks out Jezebel spiritual wickedness

(Note: Will discuss Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea as we get there.)

In the Thyatira phase, Jesus Christ has addressed the spirit of Jezebel which is basically the flesh acting like it is spiritual yet it is wickedness and not the Holy Spirit. However, Jesus Christ does commend and encourage those that are in Thyatira that are overcoming.....

Commends them:

Jezebel is Satan's counterfeit of the Holy Spirit.

Those that have First Love for Jesus, have crucified their fleshly desires, have the Truth of God's Word, not manmade doctrines or doctrines of devils, and have been filled with the Holy Spirit are told to just simply "hold fast to what you have till Jesus comes."

The works that Jesus Christ refers to as "My works" are those works done according to the authority of the Word of God with the power of the Holy Spirit. Any other works are those of the flesh according to doctrines of man and devils and done in demonic power in the spirit of Jezebel.

We need to be filled with the Word of God and the Holy Spirit of God so we can do the works of God as His Believers and Witnesses on the Earth.

as I also have received from My Father;
28 and I will give him the morning star.

The Father accomplishes His Will with His Word and His Spirt. For those that overcome in Thyatira, they will be given power to rule the nations with a rod of iron which is used as a rod of correction that smashes pride of the flesh and brings humility to the nations.

Jesus Christ is the Morning Star...He will give us His Light...the Light of the Morning Star.

Again, just as in the other churches....we need to have ears that can hear what the Spirit is saying. :love:(y)

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
What does it profit a person that says he has the Holy Spirit, faith, works, and does good to all yet..... he has NO LOVE?

You quoted scripture and tried to justify yourself as being able to judge others and "restore" them yet, you said NOTHING about loving them and loving God.

Go back to the Church at Ephesus and get your First Love for God established. :love:(y)
Make sure that all your actions are rooted in love. Yes, good point!

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019

I have searched my heart and know that my actions are rooted in love and genuine concern for you.
Why then do you take offense at me?
Have I regarded you as my enemy, or have I warned you as a brother?

2 Thessalonians 3:14-15
Take note of anyone who does not obey the instructions we have given in this letter. Do not associate with him, so that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.