4th of July the purge 3

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
23,049
4,101
113
I have always seen the purge movie series as a perfect example of how things will be in the tribulation except it won't be a one day of the year thing. I find it interesting that the 3rd one is coming out on 4th of July the day to celebrate America just a little food for thought.
 
Have never even heard of that series..

Me neither. I don't plan on watching it either.

The new Independence Day movie now playing in U.S. theaters is overlaying the idea of world globalism in place of the idea of national independence. Yet many Americans will still watch it just because of the money spent to make all the juicy special effects and stuff. Really not much coming out of Hollywood except garbage movies, some heavily wrapped in propaganda.
 
I dont watch modern tv shows or movies. Anything from 1969 to now are not for me. Im still stuck on the Andy Griffith show and The Virginian.Whats it about?
 
Descriptions of the first movie.

"In an America wracked by crime and overcrowded prisons, the government has sanctioned an annual 12-hour period in which any and all criminal activity-including murder-becomes legal. The police can't be called. Hospitals suspend help."


"In 2022, the United States of America celebrates once a year "The Purge", a 12-hour period when any crime is allowed including murder. The result is economical growth and a society free of homeless, sick and unproductive persons."


"By 2022, an American governmental decision has been made, which says that all kinds of crimes including murders are legal for a period of 12 hours yearly. The aim of it is to let people get rid of their hatred by legalizing crimes, and then to decrease the rate of crime in the rest of the year, and to maintain a high economic level in US by taking out poor people lives and to give the priority for the high-class people to live."
 
It's a romantic comedy. It's pretty cute. I think it's one of those Jennifer Aniston movies.

LoL. I hope she didn't go and watch the Trailer. It is a story about how people can kill others 1 night a year without getting in trouble for it.
 
...I just wanted to post to say that I loved all these completely unrelated posts : p I dont think a single one of them answered anything : p

And I dunno, I have never seen the film and know nothing about it, but I kinda doubt a film, not based on the bible, has any similarities to the tribulation or any prophecy : p I have heard that the film is about one night where like all laws are lifted and people just go into chaos, and that wouldnt be right, as there will be many laws under the antichrist's rule. So Im guessing no, but I havent seen this film and know nothing about it so dunno : p
 
...I just wanted to post to say that I loved all these completely unrelated posts : p I dont think a single one of them answered anything : p

And I dunno, I have never seen the film and know nothing about it, but I kinda doubt a film, not based on the bible, has any similarities to the tribulation or any prophecy : p I have heard that the film is about one night where like all laws are lifted and people just go into chaos, and that wouldnt be right, as there will be many laws under the antichrist's rule. So Im guessing no, but I havent seen this film and know nothing about it so dunno : p

Well, someone apparently wants folks to believe that tomorrow July 15 will be an organized "day of rage" in 37 US cities....Someone once said "truth in the movies, lies in the news..."