Thank you so muchIf you have an abusive relationship in the past, or present, a support group is essential. People tend to repeat the mistakes they made going into previous such relationships and it becomes important to recognize where one is making a misstep. It does not cure all the problems, but it does reduce the total number.
And you are in a small town in Michigan, I hope it is not Lenawee County, I have a lot of relatives there, all with deep Michigan roots, pioneer family roots., and most live in small towns. There are lots of other relatives scattered around Michigan, but I tend to mostly concentrate on Lenawee County ones as my mother grew up there, so I met many while visiting my grandparents.
Differences in intelligence may or may not be an issue in a relationship. Relatively similar levels of intelligence are nice, but not necessary. But do not shortchange yourself, your husband married an intelligent woman, let him stay married to one.
As for Bbile study, there is a Bible Discussion Forum here, just about any theological stance you might be familiar with is likely present, as well as a few very different ones such as mine. I have studied the bible for over 50 years with a lot of emphasis on the "difficult" passages rather than on doctrines, as I was taught that if there is a problem, smoothing it over can create bad doctrine, but finding a way to resolve it in line with other such "problem" passages and those passages without clear issues. should lead one closer to the truth. It has not been easy, but I have gained respect from many who have been restricted in what they can say by having accepted some institution's "Statement of Faith", which limits what they can say, and thus do not delve too deeply. I just regret that my maverick attitude has kept me from some positions I would have liked to have held.
There are differences in intelligence in my marriage. Especially Emotional IQ. Unfortunately, I am more educated and have bigger life experiences than my husband. We do not relate and also, we had opposite upbringings.
What you said about your studies of the Bible is very interesting. I also agree. I am new to reading it. I have read only some of John and more of Psalms, which I love.