6,000 CHILDREN DIE OF HUNGER CAUSED BY LOCKDOWNS – EVERY DAY

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
An accurate social cost due to the lockdowns, such as homelessness, drug addiction, suicides, alcoholism, people dying from other causes because of cancelled doctor's appointments or surgery, civil unrest, domestic violence, etc. may never be determined. The adverse impact will far exceed that of the actual impact of the virus. The cure is worse than the disease.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thats terrible because the way it is lockdowns assume you already have a home and the facilities to endure being in lockdown. Like electricity, running water, and enough food

But many people dont have that and need to go out to have those things. Not to mention a room where you can isolate yourself if you are infected. Many households share space or have more than 10 ppl living under one roof.

There needs to be other strategies in place as well as lockdowns. eg wage subsidies and rent breaks or holidays.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
thats terrible because the way it is lockdowns assume you already have a home and the facilities to endure being in lockdown. Like electricity, running water, and enough food

But many people dont have that and need to go out to have those things. Not to mention a room where you can isolate yourself if you are infected. Many households share space or have more than 10 ppl living under one roof.

There needs to be other strategies in place as well as lockdowns. eg wage subsidies and rent breaks or holidays.
Other strategies BESIDES lockdowns......we don't need measures that harm and kill children.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
How many children died of starvation across the world before COVID 19? That would be a good thing to know. I wonder if poor Nations/people in Africa pay any attention to Lockdowns? How many of these children that are dying are American children?

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I check charities out at Charity Navigator. The UN's World Food Programme has a U.S arm also and a 97% rating. Anyone donating after reading the OP article?
https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=7696

How many children died of starvation across the world before COVID 19? That would be a good thing to know. I wonder if poor Nations/people in Africa pay any attention to Lockdowns? How many of these children that are dying are American children?
School closure in America certainly impacted the starvation rate in that many children depend on school lunch programs to survive the day.
https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/07/1...hs-among-children-and-reopening-schools-14909

April 2020
COVID-19’s Devastating Impact on Children | Human Rights Watch

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020

The government subsidies aren't enough apparently. :(
Government Response to Coronavirus, COVID-19 | USAGov
October 2020 *UK*
UK coronavirus: government to pay two-thirds of wages at businesses forced to lock down

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I hope you're not suggesting that because lots of children already die of starvation, that there's nothing wrong with making it even worse. They're talking about the global slowdown in the economy due to lockdown emergency measures doubling the number of people dying, and starvation disprortionatel affects children.

Do you think God cares whether our response only kills American children? A child born in Africa is every bit as much an image bearer as a child born in a wealthy western nation.

E

EleventhHour

Those is no way to verify the veracity of those claims.

"The cure is worse than the disease" is a trite statement made by people who think the virus is a hoax and seems to have gained wider appeal with again no real facts to support it.

Many African countries were far more prepared than the USA ...since they had measures in place because of other epidemic/pandemics.

And not really an accurate report of the UN's full statement...

Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Qu Dongyu highlighted how the newly released 2020 Global Report on Food Crises report, clearly links conflict and rising levels of acute food insecurity.
link

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Those is no way to verify the veracity of those claims.

"The cure is worse than the disease" is a trite statement made by people who think the virus is a hoax and seems to have gained wider appeal with again no real facts to support it.

Many African countries were far more prepared than the USA ...since they had measures in place because of other epidemic/pandemics.

And not really an accurate report of the UN's full statement...

Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Qu Dongyu highlighted how the newly released 2020 Global Report on Food Crises report, clearly links conflict and rising levels of acute food insecurity.
link

In the link in the op when you click on the links in it the wording is "due to soar", "would cause" which is future tense but the wording in the article in the link(OP) changes the tense from something that could happen in the future to "die each day" as if they had already died,ongoing (present tense) and it was caused by C-19.

Especially in a forum (Christian forum) where many are involved in missionary aid this would through up flags because they would know that about 25,000 die each day of which about 10,000 are children https://www.un.org/en/chronicle/article/losing-25000-hunger-every-day

F

Fundamental

The measures taken have caused more damage then the virus.
By this I recognize the virus but I also see the measures taken causing more damage.

Also see how those advocating lockdowns on TV are ones whose paycheck dont change at the end of the month.
Protect the weak, ventilate, wash hands, wear masks in closed spaces and that should do it.
Those in need for another lockdown can lock themselves up. I am locking myself up too from everything because I do not want to be contact traced. That is a consequence I have to endure.

E

EleventhHour

The measures taken have caused more damage then the virus.
By this I recognize the virus but I also see the measures taken causing more damage.

Also see how those advocating lockdowns on TV are ones whose paycheck dont change at the end of the month.
Protect the weak, ventilate, wash hands, wear masks in closed spaces and that should do it.
Those in need for another lockdown can lock themselves up. I am locking myself up too from everything because I do not want to be contact traced. That is a consequence I have to endure.
There is absolutely no way to verify your first statement.

F

Fundamental

There is absolutely no way to verify your first statement.
Yes all these merchants having gone bankrupt were lying. That woman losing 10kg in the eldery home in less then a week is a hoax... She died. Not from COVID19.
Verify this^: https://mobile.twitter.com/diecees
https://www.ad.nl/voorne-putten/cees-werd-de-stem-van-geisoleerde-verpleeghuisbewoners-mijn-vrouw-zat-helemaal-alleen-op-haar-kamer~a09c4da7/?referrer=https://www.google.be/

I hope google translate does not mess it up and gets the story through.
You can easily find those cases yourself when looking outside mainstream sources. I use a mainstream source in this too but his social media account as well. Without his social media account the mainstream would’ve never given it any attention. It got quite hard to ignore any further....

E

EleventhHour

Yes all these merchants having gone bankrupt were lying. That woman losing 10kg in the eldery home in less then a week is a hoax... She died. Not from COVID19.
Verify this^: https://mobile.twitter.com/diecees
https://www.ad.nl/voorne-putten/cees-werd-de-stem-van-geisoleerde-verpleeghuisbewoners-mijn-vrouw-zat-helemaal-alleen-op-haar-kamer~a09c4da7/?referrer=https://www.google.be/

I hope google translate does not mess it up and gets the story through.
You can easily find those cases yourself when looking outside mainstream sources. I use a mainstream source in this too but his social media account as well. Without his social media account the mainstream would’ve never given it any attention. It got quite hard to ignore any further....
Ignore what? .... I do not read German.
If there is no math or science it is not fact based.

F

Fundamental

Ignore what? .... I do not read German.
If there is no math or science it is not fact based.
It is Dutch and the article says a man wanted to go take care for his woman but wasn’t allowed access due to measures taken.
After big debates he was allowed in but she lost too many weight and got dehydraded and died. She had Alzheimer and did not got the care she needed.

This is one old man that knew how to use the internet. There are more cases like this. Also people have commited suicide due to financial circumanstances.
Locking everything up has caused more damage then the virus has.

How can we do math on numbers that are extremely questionable? How can we get through to people that take it from their TV box but not from people enduring the cirumstances?

E

EleventhHour

Locking everything up has caused more damage then the virus has.
Like I stated this statement cannot be verified as a known fact.... it is completely conjecture.

F

Fundamental

Like I stated this statement cannot be verified as a known fact.... it is completely conjecture.
Nothing about covid19 can be stated as fact, all the numbers are questionable.
But I rather take it from the people then from a tv box and both are sketching different stories.

They are exaggerating the numbers but it is true I can not prove this.

E

EleventhHour

Nothing about covid19 can be stated as fact, all the numbers are questionable.
But I rather take it from the people then from a tv box and both are sketching different stories.

They are exaggerating the numbers but it is true I can not prove this.
Actual they are learning more about the virus and this is accomplished through controlled studies.

F

Fundamental

Actual they are learning more about the virus and this is accomplished through controlled studies.
I am not saying they are not learning anything.

Just not trusting the numbers being thrown at us to justify all these measures taken. I have shared a sad story on a man losing his wife due to measurements and not from covid19.

This could’ve been prevented when people remained calm and sound.