60's / 70's Favorites

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

^ ^ Another LP I listened to a lot in the mid seventies :D Jeff Beck is one of the three noted guitarists to have played with the Yardbirds, along with Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page. He ranked fifth in Rolling Stone's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time."

Mark Almond was another fave :D

Mar 23, 2016
Quadrophenia was released on 27 October 1973, and I have always been extremely partial to this song:
I went and saw them on 11/22/1973 ... first date with my husband. Thanksgiving day. We were married on 3rd anniversary of our first date (which was not Thanksgiving). Our daughter was born on Thanksgiving day 1983. Needless to say, we were ever so thankful to God as we celebrated Thanksgiving over the years. Sad to say that my husband passed away in 2014. Last Thanksgiving fell on 11/22. I watched a youtube video of Quadrophenia as I thought about all our wonderful years together. Bittersweet ...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I went and saw them on 11/22/1973 ... first date with my husband. Thanksgiving day. We were married on 3rd anniversary of our first date (which was not Thanksgiving). Our daughter was born on Thanksgiving day 1983. Needless to say, we were ever so thankful to God as we celebrated Thanksgiving over the years. Sad to say that my husband passed away in 2014. Last Thanksgiving fell on 11/22. I watched a youtube video of Quadrophenia as I thought about all our wonderful years together. Bittersweet ...
My wife and I were married on Nov 27, 2014 which was Thanksgiving Day. She picked that day because her dad was born on that day.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
How fortunate you are to have such a long history with the man you love. I am sorry to hear of your husband's passing, yet rejoice with you in the love you shared for over forty years (y)

Mar 23, 2016
How fortunate you are to have such a long history with the man you love. I am sorry to hear of your husband's passing, yet rejoice with you in the love you shared for over forty years (y)
Yes ... I thank God for all the wonderful years we had together. And better yet ... the years we will have in future in new heaven/new earth.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Another artist I saw live in concert in the seventies :) He was loaded :oops:

Montrose opened up for them. They were really good! Unfortunately, many in the crowd were overly eager to see Joe and all but heckled them off the stage, which was too bad.

Mar 23, 2016
My wife and I were married on Nov 27, 2014 which was Thanksgiving Day. She picked that day because her dad was born on that day.
Such a great day to be married and to celebrate with thanksgiving to God for His bountiful blessings!!!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Another arist I saw live in concert during the 70s was Al Stewart. He is
a fabulous writer/musician :D The "Past, Present Future" LP was a nice
departure from the endless love songs we are normally deluged with ;)

I also want to mention James Gang; this video pairs well with the previous vid's war footage.
Rides Again was definitely in my top ten :D Joe Walsh later joined the Eagles in 1976.
Jackson Browne was a co-writer for The Eagles' first hit, Take It Easy :D I loved this LP: